+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP is dying sigh :(

Default PVP is dying sigh :(

ok so i play on briacliff(pls reserve the hate) and last few days during prime time our ques have gone from almost instant pops to 8min ques!!!
    I know alot of ppl from other shards suffer from alot more Que times than this,but when the #1 pvp battlegroup had 8 min ques in prime time id hate to see some of the ques on the shards that were having long ques before this.
    So trion maby its time to take ya head out of the sand and let us know whats coming because if the people keep leaving the game at this rate i struggle to see there being mroe than 5 or 6 shards in 3 months

Telaran

The problem is the fresh lvls50 join the warfronts and they are totally pwned (this is not fun). The other problem is the high ranks starts to be bored to kill always the same lowbies and they are stopping to join, so yes, the valor - ubb3r heals are destroying the pvp, so yes, actually pvpers starting to being bored of pvp.
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Briar was never #1

Whitefall, Bloodiron, Firesand is. We have always instaqueue at prime time and <1 min the rest of the day.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Eight whole minutes?! You poor bastard! Clearly the game is falling the **** apart, everyone abandon ship!

we have the most pvp players in our battlegroup than anyother shards.
    You may have misunderstood my comment in no way was i saying that the people on briacliff are the best infact i do believe some of the worst mmo pvp players are in our battlegroup but with that said we are the largest battlegroup by far and being largest makes you #1
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 06-01-2011 at 01:40 AM.

some people are missing the point

when the largest shard battlegroup for pvp is starting to get que times you know u r in trouble
    for example 90% of real pvpers are p6 on our battlegroup but alot have started leaving the game.

When alot of people on your clusters get to p6 you will also notice the dwindling numbers in pvp

Also i see the hate for 8 min ques.. im sry your shard has been longer than that since day 1 and i firmly believe the fault lies on trion not the playerbase.
    In no way was i trying to brag about our ques but simple state that when the larges battlegroup starts to dwindle the rest will follow its only a matter of time

Telaran

in Cloudbourne/Sage/Blight the warfront went down a lot
    = Arkana. Rogue. Cloudborne =

Quote Originally Posted by Castigate View Post
    Eight whole minutes?! You poor bastard! Clearly the game is falling the **** apart, everyone abandon ship!
    You missed the part where his queues used to be instant. Going from instant to 8 minutes is indicative of something negative, or did you miss that day in school? Or maybe you just wanted to be cool and post something showing you're a smartass. You can't win the internetz bro, despite what you heard.

My cluster has experienced the same thing, what used to be very frequent pops had dwindled down drastically, instant to 8 minutes IS drastic btw. If instant can turn to 8 minutes within a few months where do you think it will be?

Quote Originally Posted by Destructiveurges View Post
    we have the most pvp players in our battlegroup than anyother shards.
    You really aren't thinking logically at all. Amount of players has nothing to do with queue times. Faction imbalance to get games started is the biggest factor. By your reasoning, since your server has the most PvP'ers, you should have the shortest queue. When in reality if you look around, and more specifically here:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...cond-wait-time

You can see that many people enjoy almost instant queues.

Exactly, I'm not talking about best players.

In W/B/F we have a great balance between both factions and a lot of players -> instaqueue almost always.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

you just got given 3 more shards!!
    the briacliff battle group has gotten nothing, remove them new shards from your list and bang you got long que times.

The player balance on our servers is fairly equal on both sides.

i have no doubt within 2 months all shards will pvp against one another with the exception of US and EU shards palying together
    And within 1 month of all shards merging for pvp u will see large ques again
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 06-01-2011 at 02:04 AM.

Telaran

omg 8 min queue's!
    well i have 30 min avg queue's and as of now have been queued to all four wf for 1 1/2 hours with no pop. usually get matches anytime of day.

My group is all but dead except on weekends - thru the week i can wait 30 mins to face the same premade
    over and over and over - hurry up with the mergers/ transfers or ill " bored quit"

Rift Disciple

Summer is starting. MMOs go to sleep.

Another explanation if summer doesn't quite cut it yet. The last couple days have been work days instead of a weekend.

:P

I play on Briarcliff and yes, wtf is the queue time becoming so long now!!! Guardians please jump into the queue!!!!
    Dayblind - Defiant Warrior (previously from Briarcliff)
    Icywind - Rank 6

I rolled into a PvP server, not a flag running server

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast