+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: PVP is dying sigh :(

Rift Disciple

With most PVPer already R6 and geared, they really have no reason to join WF anymore.

It's not really fun when it's so unbalanced between Premade and PUG. I don't think anyone enjoys 500 to 0 games, including the winning side.

Ascendant

i spent an impressive 55 minutes in a black garden queue yesterday, while black garden was the daily.

thats pretty crazy given the average queues for 50 BGs are in the 0-15 min range (indeed BG said the average queue time was like 7 minutes when i queued for it)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Its because there is 0 endgame content, real PvPers are leaving.
    This. There is no way 4 WFs can keep alot of PvPers playing for a year+. That along with gear discrepency discouraging new 50s.

Like someone else said before in this thread, WFs from 20-49 are more fun. Leveling is also fun in Rift. The end-game, not so much.

I enjoy PvP alot and have an R5 and an R4. I'll probably make another char since leveling and WFs during leveling are fun.

The end-game just isn't all that. Either dungeon run or do WFs. I'd love more open PvP, a PvP zone, whatever. I am sure such a spot would help Rift alot. Long Qs? So what! Can just roam the PvP/RvR zone, battle, have some big and small fights, etc.

I think this will happen and it seems like the Rift devs understand what they need to make. It just takes time. So I'll have fun, maybe cancel from time to time. I expect Rift to be a game I'll be in and out of for awhile. I just wish PlanetSide Next was out right now. I could use some online FPS fun for a few months and then when I got back to Rift it would all be more fun again. But both Planetside Next and GW2 are a ways off... bah.

Quote Originally Posted by BrokTheFanatic View Post
    This. There is no way 4 WFs can keep alot of PvPers playing for a year+. That along with gear discrepency discouraging new 50s.

Like someone else said before in this thread, WFs from 20-49 are more fun. Leveling is also fun in Rift. The end-game, not so much.

I enjoy PvP alot and have an R5 and an R4. I'll probably make another char since leveling and WFs during leveling are fun.

The end-game just isn't all that. Either dungeon run or do WFs. I'd love more open PvP, a PvP zone, whatever. I am sure such a spot would help Rift alot. Long Qs? So what! Can just roam the PvP/RvR zone, battle, have some big and small fights, etc.

I think this will happen and it seems like the Rift devs understand what they need to make. It just takes time. So I'll have fun, maybe cancel from time to time. I expect Rift to be a game I'll be in and out of for awhile. I just wish PlanetSide Next was out right now. I could use some online FPS fun for a few months and then when I got back to Rift it would all be more fun again. But both Planetside Next and GW2 are a ways off... bah.

Yea some PvP zones would be nice. I never participated much in WoW's PvP, but have been doing a LOT of warfronts here and generally enjoying them - even when we get facerolled (and guardians on Alsbeth tend to get facerolled a LOT). A few PvP zones with their own stuff going on would be fun to have.

Quote Originally Posted by Ouiji View Post
    Blame faction balance, blame premade teams, blame the discrepencies in properly geared p6 pvpers killfarming the fresh 50s. Every game I've played (which is a lot) that has had limited numbers of servers in their BF/WF cluster has suffered the same problem. It is dying.

The only cure is to allow the premade teams access to "Expert Warfronts" where they can queue against other like minded, properly geared premade teams from across ALL servers.
    WoW has that and they have to entice players to play it, because it takes as long to form a 10v10 match as a 10 man raid...and raids drop actual loot (BH drops PvE and PvP gear of the same badge stats. Got the conquest badge level holy plate legs that way, and saved a bundle on CPs).

Truth is PvPers aren't happy unless they gank, but ganking makes players quit PvPing. It's a vicious cycle that doesn't end.

Want more players stop having '0-'9 warfronts and level 50 WFs with PRs. Then new PvPers would be more inclined to come in and not just be facerolled. Sick of queuing to teams full of '0-'3s, while the other team is full of '7-'9s. -_-

Plane Touched

I dunno i tthink low ranks should have the same valor as r6 but have increased stats on r5 r6 stuff.

But this would require str to actualy scale....

I mean i know low rank people would like to beat r6 people but.... a well played r6 vs a well played r2 id say the well played r6 should win every time....

Quote Originally Posted by Enchilada View Post
    Most of the good pvpers have left my cluster too - Both guardian and defiant. Most of my guild has activated daoc. I'm considering it too, but I just don't know that I want to deal with buff bots. I used to see a few of the same guardian pre-mades and defiant premades, but not any more.

I'm on tearfall shade faemist and wolfsbane
    Tearfall ftw. What bracket?
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    Tearfall ftw. What bracket?
    I'm defiant R5. my guild left a while ago so I am a pugger.

our grouping has instant queues. reclaimer, greybriar, shatterbone, etc.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    The problem is the fresh lvls50 join the warfronts and they are totally pwned (this is not fun). The other problem is the high ranks starts to be bored to kill always the same lowbies and they are stopping to join, so yes, the valor - ubb3r heals are destroying the pvp, so yes, actually pvpers starting to being bored of pvp.
    Yup! That is exactly why. Trion treats PVP playes as if they were MOBs. I for one don't like being sheep. I don't like being punished becasue I took a different route to Level 50. Since PVP uses the PVE rule set, there needs to be more attention payed to levels in this game. What is the point in participating in PVP if there is a 10 level gap between players and 6 level gap at 50.

It seems to me like Trion is either dense or Sadistic.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    The problem is the fresh lvls50 join the warfronts and they are totally pwned (this is not fun). The other problem is the high ranks starts to be bored to kill always the same lowbies and they are stopping to join, so yes, the valor - ubb3r heals are destroying the pvp, so yes, actually pvpers starting to being bored of pvp.
    I agree. I had a great time pvp while leveling, especially until level 19. I was really excited when I hit 50 a couple weeks ago and to start WF's again. Then as soon as the battle started, lights out, one hit, dead, over and over. I don't mind dying a lot while "learning to play" but you can't learn when you are getting killed that quickly. So I'll never go back until they figure out a solution, like maybe cross server, no ranks vs no ranks, P1 vs P1, etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3