+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PVP is dying sigh :(

Yes, pvp is dying. When you pvp me, you die! OH BURRRNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

There's a 50% off sale over the weekend and you're wondering why the queue times went up?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tizian View Post
    Summer is starting. MMOs go to sleep.

Another explanation if summer doesn't quite cut it yet. The last couple days have been work days instead of a weekend.

:P
    ^ This

I usually PvP on weekends, but with all of the BBQing last week, I only played for a short bit on Saturday. Its not necessarily indictive of the PvP side dying, but more that people have lives and are doing things outside of sitting on their computer all damn day. Golf season is on baby.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

im guessing you think that the number of people queuing for warfronts never varies?

its just random... some days traffic on my way to work is 1 hour, some days there is no one on the road. no rhyme or reason to it other than randomness

maybe people just had other things to do for once?

Rift Disciple

I'm sad to hear that your queue times have lengthened, but at the same time I'm really jealous. On my server I often have to wait an hour for a wf (at which time I usually just exit the game). Even in prime time I've had 30 min waits. Sometimes on Sunday I get a couple of instant or at least quick pops. I'm only level 48, did the wait times improve at level 50 on your server or were they really quick the whole way through? Maybe I should swap servers to one that is more pvp focused or something. Eight minutes sounds much more fun than waiting around Meridian for an hour reading a book with the speakers turned up full waiting for a wf to pop!

Shield of Telara

Its because there is 0 endgame content, real PvPers are leaving.

Blame faction balance, blame premade teams, blame the discrepencies in properly geared p6 pvpers killfarming the fresh 50s. Every game I've played (which is a lot) that has had limited numbers of servers in their BF/WF cluster has suffered the same problem. It is dying.

The only cure is to allow the premade teams access to "Expert Warfronts" where they can queue against other like minded, properly geared premade teams from across ALL servers. The folks that are still getting leveled and geared are welcome to continue queueing in the regular warfront system as it stands with x number of servers in the smaller clusters. The Expert WF folks dont need any extra gear or any extra perks, their perk is knowing they are the best and proving it to anyone they face.

This would open up some slots for people that are sick of getting their face beat in by the same groups over and over and probably encourage some of the random puggers to continue queueing or start back again if they have quit. It would give them some encouragement to continue getting geared and ultimately aspire to make their own pre-made team and join the big leagues.

Some premades might continue to faceroll in their smaller server clusters, but they will know (and I'm sure they will see it in /yells) that they are nothing but baddy pug-stompers and not as good as they think.

There are many things that affect queue times.

If you have a relatively balanced number of Faction A and Faction B looking to PVP, the queue time can be considered instant for both factions.

If you have quite a bit more Faction A than Faction B, Faction A will have slower queue times than Faction B (because there is not enough Faction B players to go around). Faction B may or may not see fast queues depending on if there is enough Faction B players in that bracket to fill up more than the current number of ongoing games.

Etc.
    [Server] Faeblight
    [Retail] M_1=Chloromancer(D), M_2=Cleric(D), A=Rogue(D)
    [Beta 1-7] Tank (Reaver/Paladin)

Quote Originally Posted by Ak1ra View Post
    The problem is the fresh lvls50 join the warfronts and they are totally pwned (this is not fun). The other problem is the high ranks starts to be bored to kill always the same lowbies and they are stopping to join, so yes, the valor - ubb3r heals are destroying the pvp, so yes, actually pvpers starting to being bored of pvp.
    Games do not last forever. I personally upon getting smoked as a new 50 found motivation. Pay your dues, and if you have reached the top.....and you get bored move on. It cant last 4 ever.

Plane Touched

I have a 50 and pvped to pres 6. It sucked bigtime about a 20 percent win ratio. On my next 3 classes i stoped leveling in the 40's and only pvp with them in the much better balanced wf's. They all are allmost level 50 now and have maxed favor. The level 50 wf's just plain suck for starting out and i play to have fun not grind some stupid gear that will be replaced over and over everytime i turn around.

I am in your briercliff cluster and will prolly quit when my 49's hit 50 unless they change things so i can fight other rank 1 or 2 players, its just no fun being completly dominated.

Plane Touched

The point i am trying to make is IF the wf's are fun and challanging then I will play them for fun and gain gear as a side benifit but if i'm playing 10 to 500 blackgardian games for hours an hours then forget it. I will move on to the next game.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    You missed the part where his queues used to be instant. Going from instant to 8 minutes is indicative of something negative, or did you miss that day in school? Or maybe you just wanted to be cool and post something showing you're a smartass. You can't win the internetz bro, despite what you heard.

My cluster has experienced the same thing, what used to be very frequent pops had dwindled down drastically, instant to 8 minutes IS drastic btw. If instant can turn to 8 minutes within a few months where do you think it will be?
    It's not indicative of something negative. If your queue times in the 50 bracket go up, it could just as easily mean a lot more people of your faction have hit 50 in the last little while than those who have hit 50 in the other faction. It doesn't take a whole lot to tip the balance.

Telaran

Most of the good pvpers have left my cluster too - Both guardian and defiant. Most of my guild has activated daoc. I'm considering it too, but I just don't know that I want to deal with buff bots. I used to see a few of the same guardian pre-mades and defiant premades, but not any more.

I'm on tearfall shade faemist and wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Ouiji View Post
    Blame faction balance, blame premade teams, blame the discrepencies in properly geared p6 pvpers killfarming the fresh 50s. Every game I've played (which is a lot) that has had limited numbers of servers in their BF/WF cluster has suffered the same problem. It is dying.

The only cure is to allow the premade teams access to "Expert Warfronts" where they can queue against other like minded, properly geared premade teams from across ALL servers. The folks that are still getting leveled and geared are welcome to continue queueing in the regular warfront system as it stands with x number of servers in the smaller clusters. The Expert WF folks dont need any extra gear or any extra perks, their perk is knowing they are the best and proving it to anyone they face.

This would open up some slots for people that are sick of getting their face beat in by the same groups over and over and probably encourage some of the random puggers to continue queueing or start back again if they have quit. It would give them some encouragement to continue getting geared and ultimately aspire to make their own pre-made team and join the big leagues.

Some premades might continue to faceroll in their smaller server clusters, but they will know (and I'm sure they will see it in /yells) that they are nothing but baddy pug-stompers and not as good as they think.
    This is probably the best suggestion I have ever seen in regards to PvP. Let those who are very serious about their PvP performance fight each other across all servers, and let the rest of us who mildly enjoy the PvP side but aren't really hard core over it fight each other. You experts don't really want to play with us anyway, since we are barely a challenge.

Great idea and I hope Trion reads it.

Quote Originally Posted by sundial View Post
    its because there is 0 endgame content, real pvpers are leaving.
    qft.......

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast