+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Ideas for Eradicate change, so none will complain anymore...

Default Ideas for Eradicate change, so none will complain anymore...

Right now Eradicate removes 2 buffs with cost of 20 energy, instant cast as well as with no cd on it.
    Make it equal to purge of inquisitor ( 10 sec cd, removes 2 buffs, no cast time, cost 4% of mana) equal to spell sunder of void knight ( 15 sec cd removes 3 buffs, no cast time ). Here is some ideas for changing eradicate:
    1. Make it 10 sec cd, and all other part the same listed above.
    2. Make it 40 energy cost instead of 20, and all other part the same listed above.
    3. Make it remove 1 buff only with 5 sec cd, and all other part the same listed above.
    4. Make it remove 1 buff and with 25 energy cost, and all other part the same listed above.
    5. Make it 1.5 sec cast time, and all other part the same listed above.
    These were some of my ideas, replay with better ones if u can.
    And sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

Telaran

Just ****ing nerf it FFS. I'm tired of having to rebuff **** every time an enemy rogue looks at me. Good Rogues don't even spec into it.

Megatf - Rank 6 Rogue - 1 million favor.

Be honest, myself I agree that is Op ability, and I'm not playing marks soul myself, do not understand it wrong I did play marks for a bit i think a week just to see how OP it is. Personally myself playing melee rogue instead of range. But I do not think so it should be nerfed to the groud just look through my ideas and wanna know what will be the best.
    Last edited by Rexxarr; 05-31-2011 at 11:32 PM.

its 44 points it cant be compared to other buff purges that the other archtypes get with 9-11 point investment.

heres MY "fix" (although i think eradicate is fine)

Eradicate - removes all buffs from a target, has a 20 second cool down, the marksman gets a 5% damage increase to his/her next finisher for EVERY buff removed (max 50%)

for a 44 point investment marksmen better get something in return if they put a cooldown on it.
    Last edited by Apoth; 05-31-2011 at 11:36 PM.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Sword of Telara

people still cast buffs?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rexxarr View Post
    Right now Eradicate removes 2 buffs with cost of 20 energy, instant cast as well as with no cd on it.
    Make it equal to purge of inquisitor ( 10 sec cd, removes 2 buffs, no cast time, cost 4% of mana) equal to spell sunder of void knight ( 15 sec cd removes 3 buffs, no cast time ). Here is some ideas for changing eradicate:
    1. Make it 10 sec cd, and all other part the same listed above.
    2. Make it 40 energy cost instead of 20, and all other part the same listed above.
    3. Make it remove 1 buff only with 5 sec cd, and all other part the same listed above.
    4. Make it remove 1 buff and with 25 energy cost, and all other part the same listed above.
    5. Make it 1.5 sec cast time, and all other part the same listed above.
    These were some of my ideas, replay with better ones if u can.
    And sorry for my english, it is not my first language.
    Or the real answer which is leave it alone as its fine. Not had a single ingame complaint or grumble about the ability for weeks. Most players have learnt how to counter.

Its a non issue and there are way way way more overpowered and imbalancing abilities out there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    its 44 points it cant be compared to other buff purges that the other archtypes get with 9-11 point investment.
    At least the marksman soul itself still brings benefits past the 30/31 point investment from the talents even if you consider the root abilities to not be worth it, the only talents that might be more useful in pve that I can see are Collateral Damage (more aoe targets) and Sharpshooter (more chance to hit), but they depend on situation/gear.

Marksman mastery talent (Master Archer) doesn't list a maximum benefit, unlike for example Two-Handed Specialization for Champions or Teaching of the Five Rings for Paragons which stop gaining power after 30 points invested in the tree. Master Archer might be weaker than those two to begin with, I honestly don't know.

The 38 point and 40 point root abilities (Improved Hit and Run/Retreat) don't exactly look horrible for pvp so it's only 4 points more for Eradicate if you wanted the other two anyway.

I haven't actually played a marksman so take my observations with a grain of salt of course.
    Last edited by Tizian; 06-01-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Make eradicate a finisher that removes 1 buff per combo point.

So you need al least 5 seconds before strip someone.
    Thoughts?
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Chaser

Can you become immune to the ability. because I know in the Lock tree our 44 point ability is mass fear. thats on a 30 sec CD and only effects 5 people. However because of DR, people are often Immune. The only thing I would change is to add a DR to it. That would COMPLETELY stop the argument.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post

Thoughts?
    This works too. I like the idea of DR though as its already in effect on so many abilities, how hard would it be to add another ability and put it in its own grouping. I just dont like the idea of casting 4-10 buffs and having any class be able to strip those buffs and really not have the ability to even try to recast those buffs in a timely manner. It not only decreases your damage, but also your damaage mitigation. It basically will turn any toon into a punching bag. However I also have a beef with the idea that clerics can enter the so called "God mode", so maybe this class is what we need to counteract that.
    Last edited by Andoreniel; 06-01-2011 at 06:59 AM.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post

heres MY "fix" (although i think eradicate is fine)

Eradicate - removes all buffs from a target, has a 20 second cool down, the marksman gets a 5% damage increase to his/her next finisher for EVERY buff removed (max 50%)

for a 44 point investment marksmen better get something in return if they put a cooldown on it.
    the Warlock 4 point armor is better than my 44 point inquisitor "Shroud of Agony"

Its overpowered any way you look at it.. Just cause its a high point investment doesn't justify you deserving something when its nerfed...
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

It's still too spamable on a 1 sec gcd vs stuff like LGV. If LGV is going to remain on a 15 second cd, it'd be even easier for an MM to shut down a chloro while actually kiling him. Build up 5 points, eradicate, chloro is now out all of his buffs.

Every 3 seconds the cloro is trying to do anything (restore other buffs, try to CD heal, try to dps ((lol))) he's being hit twice for damage and again for 2 more buff shears by the MM.

Eradicate is fine, LGV and similar buffs are not fine.

No, turning it into a finisher (in this manner) is definately a bad idea. Give eradicate a 20-30 second cd as a finisher, and then maybe it wouldn't be such an issue. (and I don't advocate that at all)

As for making it give the MM increased damage on top o that...LOL...No f'in way in hell. That, coupled with blade dance abuse, would end up getting rogues nerfed back into the stoneage.
    Last edited by TheLeviathan; 06-01-2011 at 07:02 AM.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai

Thoughts?
    I really like this idea. I've had my MM full 51 since before 1.2 and liked the changes, but I do agree that eradicate really stands out as a powerful ability. Making it a finisher removes the spam but keeps it's power. You can still use empowered shot and it to get a quick 2 debuff off without them knowing you've had them in target until it's too late. Plus the empowered shot cooldown will take care of this being spammable already.

This pretty much seems like a win all around to me.

Prophet of Telara

If you nerf Eradicate, you gotta nerf the invincible Clerics that are only possible to kill when you have a MM with Eradicate to make them vulnerable to damage.

Frankly, I'm fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Traciatim View Post
    I really like this idea. I've had my MM full 51 since before 1.2 and liked the changes, but I do agree that eradicate really stands out as a powerful ability. Making it a finisher removes the spam but keeps it's power. You can still use empowered shot and it to get a quick 2 debuff off without them knowing you've had them in target until it's too late. Plus the empowered shot cooldown will take care of this being spammable already.

This pretty much seems like a win all around to me.
    I'm sure it does, being able to effectively buff strip someone while doing damage to them.

Hasn't that been the big rogue mantra for keeping eradicate this entire time? "We're not doing any damage while buff stripping!" Now you want to try and convince people that this fix is somehow better? No.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast