+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Does anyone else see it as a problem

Default Does anyone else see it as a problem

when any pvp fight that doesn't involve a cleric only lasts 5 seconds? Honestly I think its sad and stupid. If the average health pool is around 5000, why are hitting 700 (or 1000 crit) every global cooldown? Basically if theres no clerics and neither person is in some kind of spec with healing on it, a 1v1 is going to last like 5 seconds...

Example : Assasin jump on pyro...

either assasin effectively uses CC and bursts the pyro down in like 5 seconds

or pyro can get out of melee range, cc, and burst the assasin down in 5 seconds

The damage : health balance is really messed up on this game and pvp requires constant spam heals to make fights last longer than 5 seconds..

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    when any pvp fight that doesn't involve a cleric only lasts 5 seconds? Honestly I think its sad and stupid. If the average health pool is around 5000, why are hitting 700 (or 1000 crit) every global cooldown? Basically if theres no clerics and neither person is in some kind of spec with healing on it, a 1v1 is going to last like 5 seconds...

Example : Assasin jump on pyro...

either assasin effectively uses CC and bursts the pyro down in like 5 seconds

or pyro can get out of melee range, cc, and burst the assasin down in 5 seconds

The damage : health balance is really messed up on this game and pvp requires constant spam heals to make fights last longer than 5 seconds..

See it as a problem? No, it's the design of the game, the TTk is so low for the majority of high DPS builds that without a cleric it all ends extremely fast. Some classes like warriors and rogues rely on this as they don't have a large pool of mana to draw from to keep a fight going for an extended period, other classes can maintain for much longer periods.

It's not my prefered method by any means, I like a longer TTK in place to allow for more tactical play rather than the rapid fire button mash where without a third party it tends to be biggest burst wins.

Sadly in a game where the longest duration CC effect that can be applied to a target is 8 seconds, you need to be able to kill targets rapidly. Dosen't leave a hell of a lot of room for tactical play on a large scale, but we don't have to worry about that either as our largest scale seems to involve face vs. wall at a small bridge in scion most the time.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread