+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Time to remove "The Bridge" from Port Scion.

Champion of Telara

Default Time to remove "The Bridge" from Port Scion.

As the title says, 99% of MMO's players nowdays dont have the brain or the experience or call it whatever to understand what they are supposed to do.

They are a bunch of sheep that zerg randomly without knowing what they are zerging for,especially the Rift playerbase that seems to be mainly from Aion/Lineage <insert another pointless zerg asian grinding game>.

The Bridge flag/Graveyard/spawn point, gives them a waypoint to zerg.

Remove it so this morons may for once understand "Oh maybe i should carry sourcestones or stop them from carrying", "What is this church people are talking about?", "What are the idols?", "What are the heroes that give points when they die also"?.

Everyone that has entered Port Scion can easily understand what i mean.

Unless one side has a premade in it its literally watching from 15 to 19 people zerging the bridge repeatedly and of course for no reason at all since even though they sometimes do take it..Nothing is alive, they do not click the flag cause they have no ****ing clue why the zerged it in the first place.

for a stormcaller the bunch of people on the bridge makes it heaven xD

Sez

"Make Port of Scion easier because they are dumb, oh but I'm not, they are, even though I'm the one suggesting it, its because they are dumb, and I'm not. Really."

Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

This is where a mock dungeon version of each battleground would be helpful to explain the objectives for each war front instead of letting them wander in, no clue, and continue to zerg the red names to death.

But I think even the worst of the worst will learn there are other things besides this and this for the war fronts.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    for a stormcaller the bunch of people on the bridge makes it heaven xD
    Oh please do pad my healing numbers... my epeen is already hard just thinking about it
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Ascendant

Actually in terms of reinforcements and keeping pressure and control of the church the bridge can be very important.

If you are just flat out better than the other side it is much less important, but in an evenly contested battle controlling the bridge can make the difference.

My problem is with people who make absolute judgments about warfronts and what should or should not be done. Situation should dictate strategy, that is what people need to learn. When people just keep talking about Codex over and over again in Codex I want to kick their teeth in... There are situations where the Codex is not the thing to be going after... and you have to be able to adjust your game based on the circumstances of a given warfront. Not just mindlessly doing something.

Telling people to ignore the bridge is as mindless as people who just zerg the bridge with no thought.
    Last edited by aeio; 05-31-2011 at 05:50 PM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    As the title says, 99% of MMO's players nowdays dont have the brain or the experience or call it whatever to understand what they are supposed to do.

They are a bunch of sheep that zerg randomly without knowing what they are zerging for,especially the Rift playerbase that seems to be mainly from Aion/Lineage <insert another pointless zerg asian grinding game>.

The Bridge flag/Graveyard/spawn point, gives them a waypoint to zerg.

Remove it so this morons may for once understand "Oh maybe i should carry sourcestones or stop them from carrying", "What is this church people are talking about?", "What are the idols?", "What are the heroes that give points when they die also"?.

Everyone that has entered Port Scion can easily understand what i mean.

Unless one side has a premade in it its literally watching from 15 to 19 people zerging the bridge repeatedly and of course for no reason at all since even though they sometimes do take it..Nothing is alive, they do not click the flag cause they have no ****ing clue why the zerged it in the first place.
    I see number of people around with your sort of opinions. And there is one thing I'd like to make it very clear: WFs are not PvE
    If you want to win, you have to kill people first, then do objectives. It does not work the other way around unless by some odd fools luck.
    Objectives give you points yes, but in the end they are just a way to solidify dominance. If you can't win clash head on, then it is unlikely you will hold your objective or carry stones/flag/fang for long.
    I know what you gonna say: "oh that one time (insert imagined time multiplier here) I won by carrying stones only". No, you didn't. If you think you did, then it means you don't know what was actually happening. Someone was doing all the work, while you were playing PvE, is the much more likely scenario.

That is on the topic of winning WFs...

On the topic of having fun: If I wanted to carry **** around and fight NPCs I would Q for dungeons. WFs are about killing people. Objectives are just convenient locations to find people to kill around. So unless you are in some ranked match, the thing the game says at the end really does not matter. What matters is who got more kills and favor.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Disciple

I am sure all these idiots or at least a lot of them might be able to play better if the rules of the game were explained somewhere, say while you are waiting to load into the battleground. If you do a quick google search the only thing that ever pops up are a few web pages which say attack the bridge.

I've never found anything anywhere which says what a planar flux looks like, what the point of the idol of the gods is, who the boss is, ect. Its like the people who designed this are PvE players making a raid. They want to create a challenge for the players with unexpected surprises and forget that the challenge in PvP is the other players not trying to figure out an obscure set of PvE rules.
    Last edited by Crazybull; 06-01-2011 at 03:28 AM.

We can remove the entire scenario too.

Two separate straight lines like this:

Spawn point -------------- First capacitor ------------ Second capacitor -------------- Boss
    [[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[IMPASSABLE TERRRAIN]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]
    Spawn point -------------- First capacitor ------------ Second capacitor -------------- Boss
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Rift Disciple

lol, hope you dont mind but im stealing your idea to go in my game.

PvE obstacle races where teams compete against each other to finish a raid the quickest and they get to watch how the other side is doing as they play

Though you make some valid points, you can't fix stupid players.

Most MMO players are about mashing buttons and macros. They don't have the slightest understanding of strategy or tactics.

Scion is much too complicated for the average MMO player, but it is a very good warfront in design.

The trouble is that it is not PUG friendly.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Ascendant

The bridge usually determines the outcome of scion, because it determines where reinforcements spawn. Drawn out fights at the church hinge on people making it back from the respawn.

Sure control of the church and the spawns of the sourcestones in there is how you actually win, but to win that battle, you usually have to hold the bridge spawn point.

Even if your team isnt respawning there because you are dominating fights, you need to prevent the enemy from respawning there.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    The bridge usually determines the outcome of scion, because it determines where reinforcements spawn. Drawn out fights at the church hinge on people making it back from the respawn.

Sure control of the church and the spawns of the sourcestones in there is how you actually win, but to win that battle, you usually have to hold the bridge spawn point.

Even if your team isnt respawning there because you are dominating fights, you need to prevent the enemy from respawning there.
    That's not entirely true.

The team that holds bridge is generally the stronger team, anyway...so it seems to be true.

Just this weekend I saw 3 or 4 Scions won by the team that did not control bridge for most of the battle.

You can prevent the team that holds bridge from scoring points without too much difficulty if you play it smart.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Soulwalker

if you guys have played Enfos team survival on WC3. wouldnt that be awesome?
    For those that have not played Enfos, Imagine Both fractions in two separate zones defending a Castle from waves of mobs. Every couple levels is a boss.
    But the goal is to survive the waves and collect resources to send mobs and offensive spells like stun or debuff the other team. The mobs are getting stronger so your team has to be more coordinated with keeping each other alive. Eventually one team will lose since the waves get stronger each round so its a test of TEAM SURVIVAL.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    I see number of people around with your sort of opinions. And there is one thing I'd like to make it very clear: WFs are not PvE
    If you want to win, you have to kill people first, then do objectives. It does not work the other way around unless by some odd fools luck.
    Objectives give you points yes, but in the end they are just a way to solidify dominance. If you can't win clash head on, then it is unlikely you will hold your objective or carry stones/flag/fang for long.
    I know what you gonna say: "oh that one time (insert imagined time multiplier here) I won by carrying stones only". No, you didn't. If you think you did, then it means you don't know what was actually happening. Someone was doing all the work, while you were playing PvE, is the much more likely scenario.

That is on the topic of winning WFs...

On the topic of having fun: If I wanted to carry **** around and fight NPCs I would Q for dungeons. WFs are about killing people. Objectives are just convenient locations to find people to kill around. So unless you are in some ranked match, the thing the game says at the end really does not matter. What matters is who got more kills and favor.
    The objectives earn more points than the kills. You earn more points for running a single sourcestone than you do for killing every player on the enemy team once each.

My biggest issue lately have been the people who zerg the bridge and then just stand there "defending" while the enemy run stones out of the church and/or harasses our own stone carriers. But people are so afraid to leave the bridge because they might lose it that they just stand there and let it happen. Or we've got so many people defending the bridge that we have to kill the enemy idols twice each to shut them down because we don't have enough people to kill the boss before they rebuild the idol.

Warfronts aren't about just killing other players. They're about killing the players you need to kill and ignoring the ones you don't. The players you need to kill are the ones that are preventing you from achieving the objectives of the warfront.

In Black Garden, that means killing the enemy fang holder and/or their healers or killing the people attacking your fang holder and/or your healers.

In Codex, it means killing the people assaulting the nodes you control and/or the ones defending the nodes you need.

In Whitefall, it means killing the player holding your sourcestone and/or their healers, or killing the people attacking your sourcestone carrier and/or your healers.

In Port Scion, it means killing the players carrying sourcestones and/or attacking your sourcestone carriers, structures, and significant NPCs and killing the players defending their structures and NPCs.

Nobody else matters.

The flag at the bridge in Port Scion does not earn points. Killing enemy players for 1 point each is an inferior alternative to running stones or attacking strategic objectives. I don't care if we hold the bridge all match if the other team is given carte blanch to run sourcestones, destroy our idols, and kill our boss. The people who zerg the bridge at the start and then do their best to stand there all match are not contributing.
    Last edited by Licentia; 06-01-2011 at 09:11 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast