+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Question on Favor...

Prophet of Telara

Default Question on Favor...

What gives? How are some people getting like 3000 favor, while others are getting like 1500? I was under the impression that everyone gets favor for kills now, unless they are dead. Ideas?

Plane Touched

Who cares? Best way is to get into sc 2s before it ends anyway

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    Who cares? Best way is to get into sc 2s before it ends anyway
    The what now?

Prophet of Telara

No real answers then?

They could be using a item you get from destroying enemy ward stones from PVE zones, they can then use them while near their Boss in the PS and receive 50% more favor from the item, it normally gives 60+ so with 50% it can get quite high if you gathered enough. i Have seen people go over 4k using this trick.
    <- My connection speed
    60 Rogue Lohart ~ 58 Warrior Gazenkinie (Teresa) ~ 60 Cleric Sagiso ~ 60 Mage Quelaan
    For to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the acme of skill. To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.
    He who knows when he can fight and when he cannot, will be victorious.

Telaran

you get more xp i you're close to peeps dying or if your healing them...playing as a MM and always 2nd or 3rd last in favor even if I have most kills/damage done/ time holding fang (BG).

Some peeps tole me you get more if your lower lvl...couldnt verify that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazysam87 View Post
    you get more xp i you're close to peeps dying or if your healing them...playing as a MM and always 2nd or 3rd last in favor even if I have most kills/damage done/ time holding fang (BG).
    No. It's really not that hard of a concept. Everyone in the entire wf instance gets credit for every kill. It has nothing to do with distance, healing, or objective taking.

Favor discrepancies among teammates normally occur for 2 reasons:
    1. One player has entered the warfront later than the other player (missed some of the kills)
    2. The warfront is a sub-level 50 warfront. Favor awarded is based on the killed target's level vs. your level. So in these under level 50 warfronts, players all still get the credit for every kill, however lower level characters will receive more favor than their higher level teammates per kill.

example:

I am level 49 and you are level 41. We kill a level 45. He's lower level than me, and higher level than you, so you will get more favor. At level 50 you will notice these no longer occur and all players who were in the wf from start to finish will get the exact same amount of favor.

Ascendant

Also not everyone has the favor bonus from guilds. 9% can make a difference.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by baph View Post
    No. It's really not that hard of a concept. Everyone in the entire wf instance gets credit for every kill. It has nothing to do with distance, healing, or objective taking.

Favor discrepancies among teammates normally occur for 2 reasons:
    1. One player has entered the warfront later than the other player (missed some of the kills)
    2. The warfront is a sub-level 50 warfront. Favor awarded is based on the killed target's level vs. your level. So in these under level 50 warfronts, players all still get the credit for every kill, however lower level characters will receive more favor than their higher level teammates per kill.

example:

I am level 49 and you are level 41. We kill a level 45. He's lower level than me, and higher level than you, so you will get more favor. At level 50 you will notice these no longer occur and all players who were in the wf from start to finish will get the exact same amount of favor.
    Neither of these can be it. I'm talking about WF's that I have been in the whole time, and they ARE level 50. I can have the most damage, most objectives completed, and most death blows, yet still have teammates who are 1k+ favor above me. I'm not getting it.

What PvE items are these that grant more favor?
    Last edited by Calo; 05-31-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Yeah I`d like to know what this item is too, first I`ve heard of it 0.0

And what, so they can just spam the item on the boss of Scion and get favor? Whaaaat? 0.0

--

Another thing - Prestige ranks don`t affect favor gains do they? Like, if I were PR1 and he was PR5 and we killed a PR3, I would get more while PR5 would get less?

Rift Disciple

It's a consumable you get for attacking opposing faction controlled ancient wardstones, or something like that.

+ Reply to Thread