+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Defiant Battlegroup that wins?

Soulwalker

Default Defiant Battlegroup that wins?

I guess first question is, is there anywhere that lists the battlegroups and what servers belong?

Second question, can anyone list a server/battlegroup where it seems to be defiants winning either even or more often than not? My server is probably close to 80% Guardian wins... and it's rather difficult to level PvP ranks that way and when 1.3 comes I'd rather move to either a fair playing ground or something Defiant favored. I'm not a sore loser.. but losing 4/5 is rather annoying :]

Otherwise guess I need to re-roll Guardian on my server like some friends have already done.

Thanks for the help, if anyone responds!

Lotham / Sunrest / Faeblight / Spitescar (brand new addition)

Our battlegroup is relatively balanced. Some days, Defiants dominate. Other days, Guardians dominate. Good and bad players on both sides. Guardians get much faster Qs though, since there is more Defiants than Guardians.

Ascendant

why do so many of these threads appear? both sides have the same class & soul options.....

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    why do so many of these threads appear? both sides have the same class & soul options.....
    Nope, Defiant never wins.

<Plugs ears>

Nope, we never win lalalalalalalala

Buff Defiant, Paladins are better than Shaman.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Plane Walker

It's the type of people who roll guard v.s. defiant. Guards are preceived (right or wrong) as the "good" side. People who roll the "good" side are more likely to be healers. People who roll the "bad" side will tend to be rogues. I see full BG or Codex on the defiant side with 0 healers and full of rogues. I never see this on the guard side. From time to time on the guard side, I will see 4, 5 even 6 healers all cross-healing eachother. This never ever ever happens on the defiant side in my battlegroup.

I wish Trion would release the statistics ... how many players at 50 on each side, how many of each classs, etc etc. But they never will.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Click View Post
    Lotham / Sunrest / Faeblight / Spitescar (brand new addition)

Our battlegroup is relatively balanced. Some days, Defiants dominate. Other days, Guardians dominate. Good and bad players on both sides. Guardians get much faster Qs though, since there is more Defiants than Guardians.
    Thank you for the help :] any other suggestions will be appreciated too.

Soulwalker

Yeahhhh, that doesn't mean my battlegroup doesn't have a ton of terribad players compared to the amount on the Guardian side. Not saying everyone is terrible and I'm elite lol, but it's a fact that Guardians win atleast 4/5. 2 of my friends went and rolled Guardian in my battlegroup when previously Defiant. They ran well over 50 wf's in 1 day and said they lost 2 all day long... So yeah everything is balanced but that doesn't mean my battlegroup doesn't have more higher ranked guards than Defiants. Also think it has to do with many more PvP guilds on the Guardian side which probably means I face more premades than they do. Of course someone will say 'oh join a PvP guild and you'll be fine then', but my server is low in pop and lacks any PvP guilds.. the one we do have has like 3-4 50's tops? Which is why I'd just prefer to transfer to a server where the win/loss ratio seems to be more balanced.

The Whitefall/Firesand/Bloodiron battleground is definitely dominated by Defiant.

Black Garden is 99% Defiant
    Whitefall is 90% Defiant
    Codex is 80% Defiant

Scion used to be 80% Guardian, but since the change it became 80% Defiant :-/
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Rift Disciple

I play on Guardian side on Steampike and Defiants have been winning 9 out of 10 for the last weeks. Used to be more balanced, but it's really bad atm.

Quote Originally Posted by DaniWes View Post
    The Whitefall/Firesand/Bloodiron battleground is definitely dominated by Defiant.

Black Garden is 99% Defiant
    Whitefall is 90% Defiant
    Codex is 80% Defiant

Scion used to be 80% Guardian, but since the change it became 80% Defiant :-/
    Where did you get those numbers from
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Soulwalker

Defiant Pre maid Cloudborne
    Dualist, Pollytra, Psamtic, Undead or Kaliber, (Looking for heal)
    On this week we lost only 2 WF
    Won near 30 WF...
    Clerics.... We need you to get Mo winning %...
    We want 100% winning
    And we are looking for warden ;)
    /tell Dualist Server Cloudborne

Default Night and day after the addition to the clusters.

We had a pretty even battlegroup cluster till they added a server to our group. The day they made the change, the warfronts got spammed with people in green gear and 2-3 essences that would not stop queuing. These people were not even dungeon ready. 4 of them would just afk after the first sign of a lead, only to re queue and do the same thing again all day long.

If your failing badly take a break. They will just re queue as long as your going to feed them. If your in garbage gear do a few dungeons, cairns, puzzles before you enter. Make a little cash and buy some essences and some purples, it's cheap!

Here's a free guide from bluedot on getting some gear.
    Guardian - http://bluedots.org/2011/05/05/how-to-gear-for-experts/
    Defiant - http://bluedots.org/2011/05/06/how-t...perts-defiant/

Puzzle cairn locations.
    http://www.riftjunkies.com/rift-junk...puzzle-guides/

I'm glad they merged some clusters, but I wish they'd have merged more carefully.

+ Reply to Thread