+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cluster mergers

Rift Disciple

Default Cluster mergers

Was any thought put into this or were clusters drawn out of a hat and slammed together? I would say before the merger the defiants won more than lost, but it was competitive, now... Well they merged us with a cluster where guardians win like 1 out of every 6 warfronts. (This is by the new guardians own admission)

Seems like they would take a cluster dominated by guardians, one dominated by defiants, merge them and have competitive pvp. Instead we had a cluster dominated by defiants added to a cluster that defiants already win more often than not. Now I will sit and wait for more friends to come online, 2-9 in pugs today.

Also, Trion sent us a lolRP shard...

I play a 50 guardian warrior on aedraxis if the name didn't give that away, and a 50 defiant mage on stonecrest pvp shard. Haven't logged into my mage today, who knows what that cluster looks like.

Sez

I doubt trion cares "who is winning more" as long as que times are low, and people are playing.

To the winning side: Stop running pre-mades, you know its not fun.

To the losing side: Get your act together, scrubs.

To the people complaining in general: Stop it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Xsi

Quote Originally Posted by AnonAedraxxis View Post
    Also, Trion sent us a lolRP shard...
    /smiles

Keep blaming the RPers. That'll fix your issue.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I doubt trion cares "who is winning more" as long as que times are low, and people are playing.

To the winning side: Stop running pre-mades, you know its not fun.

To the losing side: Get your act together, scrubs.

To the people complaining in general: Stop it.
    Its not fun unless we are up against a premade or trying some some new crazy strategy / synergy.

Every time a queue pops I hope to see people from defiant PvP guilds in premades but I am disappointed most of the time when I have to end up slaughtering PUGS.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Xsi View Post
    /smiles

Keep blaming the RPers. That'll fix your issue.
    I am not blaming rpers, I just don't want to play with them. To me they are weird, all of the rp shards should be their own cluster.

Yea, as if the Defiant seastone and spitescar premades weren't enough, now we have to deal with full R6 premades from 3 additional shards. Didn't Trion mention something about putting premades into different brackets?

teehee welcome to faeblight/lotham/sunrest, defiant is HIGHLY dominant on this cluster. i'm chomping at the bit to get off of it when free xfers go in. I didn't enjoy losing my way to rank 6 the first time around, not enjoying it on my cleric and rogue either. You'll get, maybe, 1 in 10 games that you're not against a defiant premade. You'll get, maybe, 1 in 30 games that there's a premade on guardian side, but most of them are social/non-competitive premades. If you get in a <FUN> or <Esti Efiu> premade, you'll probably win, otherwise, enjoy losing your way through the ranks.

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

o.O Funny, I would have to say the opposite Anon. I lost my way to P6 through pugging. I'm defiant on Spitescar, always cursing out this premade and that premade is in here so I might as well just go from behind and pick off the loners.

but I do agree with the rp servers. They are odd. RP back on your own damn server, this is war here. No one cares for witty one-liners! The only good line is this one: "__________________________________".
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by AnonAedraxxis View Post
    I am not blaming rpers, I just don't want to play with them. To me they are weird, all of the rp shards should be their own cluster.
    Not everyone who plays on an RP server RPs. Some of us wanted a more mature community than the 12 year olds that flock to PvP servers.

I solo qued for a while today, probably did about 7 warfronts and only lost once, and it was pretty close, like 1000 - 990 ish.

Que times weren't really any better either so it seems that we just got sent a bunch more defiant /sigh.

GW2 and TERA need to hurry up

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco3 View Post
    I solo qued for a while today, probably did about 7 warfronts and only lost once, and it was pretty close, like 1000 - 990 ish.

Que times weren't really any better either so it seems that we just got sent a bunch more defiant /sigh.
    yup i queued for 9, lost 7 and a whitefall ended in a 1-1 tie. saw a lot of new defiant premades though, also think i fireballed you a few times ;)

RIFT Guide Writer VampiricDemise's Avatar

The seastone/aedraxis/spitescar/belmont defiant didn't have a queue time at all. You hit K and just rolled instantly to whatever popped first. Now having 7 shards oppose to 4, the time for queues as a single person kinda blow.
    Khatha . Cleric . Guardian . Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    yup i queued for 9, lost 7 and a whitefall ended in a 1-1 tie. saw a lot of new defiant premades though, also think i fireballed you a few times ;)
    ya you did. I only remember the time by the codex tho i charged you and then you stunned me and all my cc breaks were down and i was like nooooooo.

Then I was like that was singularitee i've seen him on the boards b4.

Oh ya and I think i was in that whitefall as well, was the first wf I did today completely forgot about it. So I had a tie as wel ;)
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 05-31-2011 at 03:18 PM.

ya you did. I only remember the time by the codex tho i charged you and then you stunned me and all my cc breaks were down and i was like nooooooo.

Then I was like that was singularitee i've seen him on the boards b4.

Oh ya and I think i was in that whitefall as well, was the first wf I did today completely forgot about it. So I had a tie as wel ;)
    Lol. Yea I think I was in 1 or 2 against you. I'm reserving judgment on the new merger for now, but from today's experience it's looking kind of grim. I won't be doing any more pvp until tomorrow, so we shall see. I hope I don't start missing the old 75%ish loss rate when it turns into 90%+ now lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast