+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What is the best server for Defiant/Guardian for PvP?

Soulwalker

Default What is the best server for Defiant/Guardian for PvP?

What is the best server for Defiant/Guardian for PvP?

Quote Originally Posted by Cernolol View Post
    What is the best server for Defiant/Guardian for PvP?
    That entirely depends upon what time of day you play.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    That entirely depends upon what time of day you play.

most likely evenings and all night, sometimes during the day.

Plane Touched

Deepstrike as defiant, definitely. You can farm guarding pugs whole day, with at least 5:1 win ratio

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    Deepstrike as defiant, definitely. You can farm guarding pugs whole day, with at least 5:1 win ratio
    That's what you consider "good pvp"?

Define "best"?

For world PvP, best usually means most balanced.
    For small groups, good players generally like the underdog faction.
    If you dont actually like PvP and just want free points, then you probably want to find the most lopsided contest in your favor.

Since most PvP is in warfronts, server doesn't matter as much as the group.

briarcliff

edit: this isnt casualcliff
    Last edited by toeman; 05-31-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Fistina - Cleric, Briarcliff
    #briarcliff@irc.gamesurge.net

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthippe View Post
    That's what you consider "good pvp"?
    No, because I'm guardian on that cluster, but those deepstrike r6 premades obviously don't ever
    get bored farming our pugs, so I guess lots of people consider it "fun"

Soulwalker

I figured those 2 high pop pvp servers would be best choices, I heard this game has a lot of world pvp, what I want is to have somewhat balanced ratio of defiant:guardian where i can kill lots of ppl. low que times are definetly good and I don't wanna que up for warfronts and just get murdered all day long, no fun in losing all the time.

sorry i'm new to the game, where can I find what servers are in what clusters?

is briarcliff heavily favored towards one side? I really want to find a server/cluster that is balanced but I want to play defiant so if the server is defiant dominated a bit that is good.
    Last edited by Cernolol; 05-31-2011 at 12:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by segro View Post
    I reamed your *** until I saw your reply lol. Still, why even promote it?? You should be looking for a good cluster to transfer to.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-31-2011 at 01:05 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Re: Briarcliff

Briarcliff is definitely not competitive, it is a heavily guardian shard in which defiants are like ally used to be and horde are now in wow... barely any heals defiant side in pvp, they let guardian heals free cast a lot, guardians run a lot of premades, no communication or cooperation defiant side, etc. I for one can not get past the guardian lore and starting areas without being bored stiff and will be transferring probably to deepstrike as soon as they open up free transfers after reading this thread. All in all I think the people on defiant side on briarcliff are very friendly and mature though compared to other places I've played, so if you want a nice friendly laid back server, briarcliff is great defiant side, other than the immature guardians that don't have anything better to do than come hide somewhere in or outside meridian and spend over an hour sometimes just yelling stupid stuff trying to give us grief. They're really really immature guardian side it seems on that shard. Briarcliff is also very populated with a lot of people on all hours of the day.

I am on Threesprings and like our battlegroup, though many people whine and complain but I play a LOT over evening to late evening to wee hours in the morning and it just varies.

Sometimes we get on a roll and sometimes guardians do. I think overall guardians in our group seem to have more r6's and better gear on average but I do not know for sure.

I know I can see who is on other side, see certain names and know it is going to be a rough one haha.

Plane Touched

Seastone, Spitescar, Lotham, Sunrest, Aedixwhatever, Faeblight and whoever the last server is favor guardian as they run the only premades while defiant typically pug away.

Quote Originally Posted by toeman View Post
    briarcliff

edit: this isnt casualcliff
    i agree with fistina

Quote Originally Posted by mixin12s View Post
    Briarcliff is definitely not competitive, it is a heavily guardian shard in which defiants are like ally used to be and horde are now in wow... barely any heals defiant side in pvp, they let guardian heals free cast a lot, guardians run a lot of premades, no communication or cooperation defiant side, etc. I for one can not get past the guardian lore and starting areas without being bored stiff and will be transferring probably to deepstrike as soon as they open up free transfers after reading this thread. All in all I think the people on defiant side on briarcliff are very friendly and mature though compared to other places I've played, so if you want a nice friendly laid back server, briarcliff is great defiant side, other than the immature guardians that don't have anything better to do than come hide somewhere in or outside meridian and spend over an hour sometimes just yelling stupid stuff trying to give us grief. They're really really immature guardian side it seems on that shard. Briarcliff is also very populated with a lot of people on all hours of the day.
    I am a defiant and win 80% of warfronts in pugs. We normally only lose if they have a premade. Even then we have won against them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast