+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Favor gain in relation to performance post 1.2

Default Favor gain in relation to performance post 1.2

So with the new favor changes, how does one get the most out of it? Pre 1.2, all you had to do was be in the vicinity of a kill. But now it seems more complicated, top KBs, top Healing, top anything doesn't really mean you get max favor.

Frankly I don't care about the charts so long as I can maximize the time I spend in the WFs and walk out with favor - win or lose.

Has anyone figured out the new system to maximize favor gain in WFs?

Thanks for any who can answer.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    So with the new favor changes, how does one get the most out of it? Pre 1.2, all you had to do was be in the vicinity of a kill. But now it seems more complicated, top KBs, top Healing, top anything doesn't really mean you get max favor.

Frankly I don't care about the charts so long as I can maximize the time I spend in the WFs and walk out with favor - win or lose.

Thanks for any who can answer.
    Don't target me. Cause then you just die and get no favor for 30 seconds or so. Good start imo.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Don't target me. Cause then you just die and get no favor for 30 seconds or so. Good start imo.
    I don't, but you target me; especially when you're on your mage.

Just FYI:

I don't like getting balls shoved into my face, especially fireballs.
    Last edited by xaed; 05-31-2011 at 11:08 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Sez

Play a lot.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

I don't, but you target me; especially when you're on your mage.
    I just tab target and spam 1 button, I'm really ****ty like that, sorry if it seems I single you out!

I just tab target and spam 1 button, I'm really ****ty like that, sorry if it seems I single you out!
    Your sin tabs me as well. you fit the description of an griefer.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Your sin tabs me as well. you fit the description of an griefer.
    hah my sin is r2 and falls over when someone looks at it

Plane Touched

I lose 95% of warfronts and get decent favor...its nice that its Rift carebearing towards us noobs too, always hated games like DAOC or Warhammer where only good players would get rewarded

Plane Touched

Whoa pve fattie be hardcore pvp'er.

boom headshot

Your tab always picks me.. it should be nerfed.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Your tab always picks me.. it should be nerfed.
    your getting spam healed always...happens. it should be nerfed

i do pretty damn good for rank 2 on my lil scrubby rogue, imo

Prophet of Telara

Unfortunately, your performance has nothing to do with favor gained. I can have the top KB's, damage, and objectives completed and after looking at the board I'll realize that some scrub who has barely done anything is somehow getting more favor.

Nice to know that those who don't help the team are going to get Prestige 6 just as fast as everyone else.

your getting spam healed always...happens. it should be nerfed

i do pretty damn good for rank 2 on my lil scrubby rogue, imo
    Nerf!

Yeah, I'd rather see ya on that rogue than the mage tbh lol. My WF spec has no remedy for those roflballs you dish out.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:

Nerf!

Yeah, I'd rather see ya on that rogue than the mage tbh lol. My WF spec has no remedy for those roflballs you dish out.
    That's how I roll

I'm only missing the r5 gloves from my mage so she's basically sidelined atm, until they fix LGV being dispelled. Pyro bores me. I can't help it I'm a beast @ a spec I hate

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Calo View Post
    Unfortunately, your performance has nothing to do with favor gained. I can have the top KB's, damage, and objectives completed and after looking at the board I'll realize that some scrub who has barely done anything is somehow getting more favor.

Nice to know that those who don't help the team are going to get Prestige 6 just as fast as everyone else.
    Yeah, I've seen that before too...
    Play a black garden where you have most fang time carried/pickups, most carrier kills, most deathblows, and near the top for kills and damage done, at the top for damage taken - but halfway down the list for favor gained for your side.

There should be some prestige/favor bonuses provided for doing any objectives that score points for your side (so for BG would be fang pickups, carrier kills.... Scion would be boss/idol kills and stone caps, etc) - so that way people actually playing the game to try to win rather than just trying to farm the other side can be rewarded.

I do think you still get favour gains just for being in the vicinity of kills as I'll get favor gains while defending codex when its quiet still (should also be some sort of gain to reward those who actually stick around to defend territory... whitefall's the worst for it because the map is so long, defending your own stone means you don't get any favour gains for kills in the middle of the map/their base).
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread