+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: some arena maybe?=D

Quote Originally Posted by Annabellee View Post
    If ppl want arena that much go bk to wow, stop trying to make rift into another game!!
    If you really think Rift has no elements of 'other games' into it, then you are sadly mistaken.

Plus, if you really think ANY idea that is already in another game shouldn't be added to Rift (or, making it into another game) than Rift will always.. just be Rift 1.0.

Think first, post later. Aw hell, at least just think.
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Gunzip View Post
    Arena in wow was a very bad idea, we do not want it here in this game, go back to wow please.
    Claim, with no facts, opinions, or support whatsoever:
    "Arena in wow was a very bad idea"
    "we do not want it here in this game"

O.o why are you posting in a forum a disagreement, with NO support whatsoever? What do you hope to get from this post? What do you hope to convey with this post? You're lack of education? Sorry, people who post meaningless crap mildly annoy me, I have to lash out at every 100th poster. Even then, that's about every other day.
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by RevelationX View Post
    I dont understand why people would be against the idea of arena, and possibly bringing more people to low population servers... If you dont like arena, dont do it.. but for those that are good at it and would like it why not have the option to do it.. people that say "omfg no" are people that were bad and couldnt break 1800 in wow.. i had a 2.6k rated DK and a 2.4k rated lock in emberstorm- wow. So im all for arenas, the current pvp content is laughable.. 4 wf's and a daily..

The big problem Arenas bring are unending balance issues. WoW had this and it had many less variables than Rift. In Rift if they brought in Arenas tomorrow they'd start nerfing the day after and they'd still be nerfing in 10 years time to try and bring some balance to an Arena + Rift system.

The other problem is with the concept of Arenas.

In WoW Arenas had 2 major flaws:

1. People working the system to get rating that they actually weren't at (there were several pretty effective ways to do that).

2. More importantly WoW Arena favoured very specific group builds, it didn't matter how "good" you were, only that your group build was optimum (and then how good you were came into it). So you had the ridiculous issue of players that were good and had high rating in optimum group build hitting glass ceilings in a non-optimum group builds and conversely so-so players getting higher rank than the should just because they ran an optimum group build.

So to put it more succinctly Arenas are much more trouble than they are worth, even the Blizzards Devs agree and wish they'd never put them in WoW.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelas View Post
    Claim, with no facts, opinions, or support whatsoever:
    "Arena in wow was a very bad idea"
    "we do not want it here in this game"

O.o why are you posting in a forum a disagreement, with NO support whatsoever? What do you hope to get from this post? What do you hope to convey with this post? You're lack of education? Sorry, people who post meaningless crap mildly annoy me, I have to lash out at every 100th poster. Even then, that's about every other day.
    Fact actually, Blizzard has time and again admitted that Arena implementation wasn't a good idea for WoW.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Quote Originally Posted by xaed View Post
    Fact actually, Blizzard has time and again admitted that Arena implementation wasn't a good idea for WoW.
    tho the arena has educated a lot of players, giving them more insight in how to fully utilize your kit, a knowledge u can take with u to other mmos
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Plane Touched

d laugh at 3man pyro grps 1 shotting people in arenas lol

need arenas. warfronts are done. need more pvp content

Posting in a legendary thread.

Remember kids, if you do drugs then you'll want to play WoW. Even worse you'll want to play WoW's arenas.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Anomolis View Post
    need arenas. warfronts are done. need more pvp content
    Id prefer world content like warhammer.....

But you know what would sell me on a lifetime sub.....

Guild owned keeps in the world that could be seiged and fought over control

And would provide the guild that owned it with other perks...
    and they could have other guilds bind there and could form alliances....

Kinda like darkfall but not.....

And....... rift invasions could attack these castles/keeps/cities and they could be taken over by npcs and like a ridt raid boss could take up residency there :P

Lol sorry i got carried away

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2