+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 7% win rate for Defiants 93% Guardians

Shadowlander

Default 7% win rate for Defiants 93% Guardians

After reaching the 100 wins (Warfront Vetran Achievement) my Favor was at 740 000.

If I won 100 matches, and we are very nice and say each win is 1000 points. Then it took at least 740 matches to win 740 000 points. (this math is very bad, but its a base)

So we win 100 in every 740 matches.

This math is close enough for the point.

Variables only make the percentage appear worse.

1 person does not make a faction win or lose by themself.

But a game that is allowing a 93% or worse pvp balance has no idea of balance at all.

Stop with all the nerf and maybe start addressing how you are setting up and matching PvP.

I do enjoy my opponents, but 6hours each day of roflstomps is beyond a joke.

Taking the math further..if 100 000 was for wins, then 640 000 was via losses.

If we say 500 for a loss (again on the high side) then that would take 1280 losses. vs 100 wins.

Reposted here due to nature of topic.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Shenkt View Post
    After reaching the 100 wins (Warfront Vetran Achievement) my Favor was at 740 000.

If I won 100 matches, and we are very nice and say each win is 1000 points. Then it took at least 740 matches to win 740 000 points. (this math is very bad, but its a base)

So we win 100 in every 740 matches.

This math is close enough for the point.

Variables only make the percentage appear worse.

1 person does not make a faction win or lose by themself.

But a game that is allowing a 93% or worse pvp balance has no idea of balance at all.

Stop with all the nerf and maybe start addressing how you are setting up and matching PvP.

I do enjoy my opponents, but 6hours each day of roflstomps is beyond a joke.

Taking the math further..if 100 000 was for wins, then 640 000 was via losses.

If we say 500 for a loss (again on the high side) then that would take 1280 losses. vs 100 wins.

Reposted here due to nature of topic.
    This is epic failure of a post. redo your math and come back
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Join the Bloodiron, Whitefall, Firesand battle group, it's exactly the other way around.
    Rank 4 Cleric (Inquisicar) [retired]
    Rank 6 Rogue (Sin, Sab or NB) [retired]
    Retired from Rift due to a lack of PVP content and increasing server instability.

Rift Disciple

If you won 100 matches out of 740, that is 14%.

Just saying.

Prophet of Telara

Well, to start, all of your numbers are based on a horrible extrapolation. The only constant in all of your warfront losses are yourself. Im also going to go on a limb and say you never run with a premade.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by daarknight View Post
    If you won 100 matches out of 740, that is 14%.

Just saying.
    I did admit it was rough math, but the non trolls will see the point hopefully.

It took 740 matches @ 1000 pts per match to make it to 740 000/100 wins.

If the rewards are actually 50% less for a loss, you can see the % become worse fast.

Im happy for someone else to recrunch the numbers TAKING INTO ACCOUNT less for losses.

Im sure the 14 will fast get close to the 7% stated.
    Last edited by Shenkt; 05-31-2011 at 08:02 AM.

This thread delivers.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Soulwalker

Im just curious about where you got this info from. Ive seen a trend as well with Gardian winning a huge amount more then defiant. But i have no other numbers to back this up other then what I personally have seen.

Rift Chaser

I did admit it was rough math, but the non trolls will see the point hopefully.

It took 740 matches @ 1000 pts per match to make it to 740 000/100 wins.

If the rewards are actually 50% less for a loss, you can see the % become worse fast.

Im happy for someone else to recrunch the numbers.
    All Im going to say is that unless you actually come here with hard numbers, that this topic is pointless. Plus when you get to 50, you are now on the prestige side of the business which has already been broken down that it probably needs a little work. Because when you pit P6/P5s in the same WF as P1s and P2s then of course these numbers exits. How do you expect to win at a high percentage when you are facing people with far better gear. This has NOTHING to do with your race.
    Last edited by Andoreniel; 05-31-2011 at 08:04 AM.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    Well, to start, all of your numbers are based on a horrible extrapolation. The only constant in all of your warfront losses are yourself. Im also going to go on a limb and say you never run with a premade.
    So you believe that one person changes the outcome of the battlefronts?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say you were bored and had a half *** attempt at a troll.

I'm sure you are a constant troll so here is half a cookie. ;)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post
    All Im going to say is that unless you actually come here with hard numbers, that this topic is pointless. Plus when you get to 50, you are now on the prestige side of the business which has already been broken down that it probably needs a little work. Because when you pit P6/P5s in the same WF as P1s and P2s then of course these numbers exits. How do you expect to win at a high percentage when you are facing people with far better gear. This has NOTHING to do with your race.
    I dont think its a Race issue but a Quality of player Issue

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Rajakhann View Post
    Im just curious about where you got this info from. Ive seen a trend as well with Gardian winning a huge amount more then defiant. But i have no other numbers to back this up other then what I personally have seen.
    The moment I got my 100 warfronts achievement, I checked my Favor (740 000)(not prestige).

So I have a set number of Wins that I can calculate at a point in time in relation to favor.

I worked the rough math on 1k per win and did not depreciate it for the losses.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Andoreniel View Post

Hard numbers. 740 000 favor at the 100 pvp warfront wins.

Apply your own belief in payout points, but Ive tried to come to some number despite the fact that I cant get a hard participated in figure, I do have the win figure (100).
    Last edited by Shenkt; 05-31-2011 at 08:11 AM.

I wont try to check your math. But 740k favor before 100 wins is terrible. I assume you started PvP at 50 where the favor rewards are much higher. My warrior got win # 100 a day or two ago with approx 150k lifetime favor (and just hit p3). I suspect my win rate was 30-40%. (That's about where I was in WoW pugging thousands of BGs where they kept statistics.)

Not all pre-mades are dominating. Usually it's just a few people queuing together. They dont necessary have p6 gear, it may be t2 dungeon gear. Losing more that you win isn't so much a reflection on your skill as a player or even gear, it's more that lack of coordination of the team. If you group with friends, you're more likely to win.

Soulwalker

The moment I got my 100 warfronts achievement, I checked my Favor (740 000)(not prestige).

So I have a set number of Wins that I can calculate at a point in time in relation to favor.

I worked the rough math on 1k per win and did not depreciate it for the losses.
    I have seen this trend but once again I don't think it has anything to do with Racial traits but more to do with the Quality of Player that select battle group ay have.
    Does anyone else have any similar numbers that would contradict what the OP is saying? And if so What Battle Grouping do the numbers belong to?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast