+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Videos - r6 Cleric tanking 5+

Quote Originally Posted by Stimuz View Post
    r6 cleric in r4-5 gear.
    Go to vendor and ctrl+left mouse clik and see how r6 gears looks like.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    sent/warden is a good pvp spec.

pure sent isnt.

also you have way more than 1 instant LOL

if you are using warden/sent which is kind of a cookie cutter pvps spec, you have 2 hots 1 stacking 4 times, BOTH instant, and you have sent insta 8 sec heal. thats 3 instants. plus you have the 31 point sent ability to reduce casting speed by 30% for the next 5 heals on top of ANOTHER sent talent which reduces the casting time of your next heal by 50% when you crit on a heal, which should be often SIR, AND another AoE instant which should be used on yourself SOLO if youre taking heavy fire just for the OMG MUST STAY ALIVE.

so please quit embarassing yourself =\
    Actually you're slightly wrong. A sentinel/warden/templar has 5 instant spells:
    1. From Warden, [Healing Spray], a HoT, no cooldown
    2. From Warden, [Healing Flood], an AoE HoT, no cooldown
    3. From Sentinel, [Healing Breath], a normal heal, on 8 secs cooldown
    4. From Sentinel, [Touch the Light] & [Healing Invocation], a big heal, on 45 secs cooldown
    5. From Templar, [Greater Empowerment] & [Healing Invocation], a big heal, on 120 secs cooldown
    Those are the instant heals. I wouldn't exactly call the HoTs instants, because they are rolling heals (ie all you do by casting is renew their timer), but they have no casting timer, so you can put them there strictly speaking.

[Serendipity] and [Healer's Haste] does not make the spells instant. They cut down the casting timers by a lot (Serendipity cuts 1.5sec, Healer's haste cuts 30% flat), but you need to be stationary to cast. Keep in mind that in order to make this build, you don't have enough points to get Healer's Haste in the first place.

Of course this build does not rely on HoTs for healing, unlike the heavier Warden build the OP is using (and it's the build the tankish healers are using). The build I described above does not have access to [Soothing Stream] which is another instant HoT that stacks 4 times.

Neither build would survive the onslaught of decent DPS in conjunction with purging of HoTs and mitigation buffs. The only reason healers seem to survive is due to cross healing, something that is not easily noticeable if people don't know much about how the cleric works.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-02-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Soulwalker

Maybe the cleric should have los'd while he was hotting instead of backpeddling so the 2833 lightning strike didn't wreck him. If the DPS are terrible a rank 2-4 cleric can tank 5+ easily, if the cleric is terrible they will die to ONE person.

That mage killed him alone really. If he weren't so busy backpeddling and HoT spamming like other terrible players, maybe he'd actually see the mage lining up an uninterrupted rotation on him.

Plane Walker
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-02-2011 at 10:31 PM. Reason: For some reason the forums convert the .png images back to links, no idea why.

I wish Wardens would play as poorly as the OP.

I mean really, there was no effort at all to actually survive.
    Stigas - 50 Defiant Mage - Rank 5
    <PeeKay>
    US-Dayblind (PvP)

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Zinqf View Post
    Maybe the cleric should have los'd while he was hotting instead of backpeddling so the 2833 lightning strike didn't wreck him. If the DPS are terrible a rank 2-4 cleric can tank 5+ easily, if the cleric is terrible they will die to ONE person.

That mage killed him alone really. If he weren't so busy backpeddling and HoT spamming like other terrible players, maybe he'd actually see the mage lining up an uninterrupted rotation on him.
    But that's the thing. Check the claims people are making on these forums and you'll notice that people are stating with all seriousness that clerics can bunny hop around five people tanking them. This video just proves that against a competent group the claim is false.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    I wish Wardens would play as poorly as the OP.

I mean really, there was no effort at all to actually survive.
    All you need is an MM eradicate focus any warden after 1.2 and he'll fold to minimum pressure in under 5 seconds.

Wardens currently have zero survivability against competent groups (and it's actually the worst healing cleic spec atm), although they seem beastly against people that have no idea how to deal with them.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-02-2011 at 10:36 PM. Reason: Added extra comment

Quote Originally Posted by Zinqf View Post

ppls can u read about what this thread is?
    It's about tanking dmg not avoiding.

Also i have said many times that i can tank 5+ if ppls are bad.
    Last edited by Acex; 06-02-2011 at 10:48 PM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    ppls can u read about what this thread is?
    It's about tanking dmg not avoiding.

Also i have said many times that i can tank 5+ if ppls are bad.
    You didn't even use detaunt.

Quote Originally Posted by perlfreak View Post
    You didn't even use detaunt.
    omg still with your detaunt, u know detaunt got cd and also can be striped?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Acex View Post
    omg still with your detaunt, u know detaunt got cd and also can be striped?
    It has a cooldown when you cast it.

It can be purged only when it's up. And when it gets purged, then something else isn't getting purged.

In the meantime, you could have taken much less damage if you had detaunted the stormcaller which is what actually killed you. That 2k+ crit, only 1k. You could have rendered 1 of the physical damage people basically useless as an alternative.

But anyway, the next time a healer casts detaunt on me, I'll be sure to tell him it's got a CD and it can be striped. For some reason - they don't seem to care.

You were also not using a justicar spec with the other damage mitigation.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 06-03-2011 at 12:23 AM.

Plane Touched

Whether the OP was trying or not doesn't make a difference. Someone who uses their abilities correctly at the right time will laugh at clerics when they can't heal or defend themselves well enough to survive 1v1. People who don't will cry about how powerful they are. There is no middle ground. You either can or can not pvp well enough to take down a healing class.

If you and a buddy cannot kill one cleric, you are playing your abilities wrong. If four of you cannot kill a cleric, all four of you are just horrible. I don't think any change is needed nerf or buff for clerics. They are fine.

People need to spend some time examining the abilities they have and the abilities they can put points into. Some of the best pvp abilities are rarely if ever used in pve. STOP playing pve in my pvp.

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

1. The cleric in those videos is a complete moron.
    2. The cleric in those videos does not know how to spec his class properly.
    3. The cleric in those videos does not know how to play his class properly.
    4. This entire thread is stupid, and I am dumber for having read part of it.

Soulwalker

LoSing someone that is actively chasing and casting on you IS tanking dmg. Avoiding IS tanking. LoS is just PvP avoidance instead of dodge/block being PvE avoidance.

And yeah getting 5+ to chase, cast, and try to kill you, means that you are tanking them. Tanking them means they are trying to kill you and instead of dealing damage to their teammates, they are TRYING to deal damage to you. If they can't kill you, you are tanking it.

If theres anything that WoW has taught us, spamming instant cast healing effects while using heavy amounts of LoS is amazing for survivability, especially against people that have cast times on their abilities.

Rift Disciple

@ OP:

What these videos show, is that your team is being spawn camped by the opposing side.

They show how you - healing Cleric - decide to lead the charge into an open area covered by MM's, SC's and Pyro's. These are potentially the current 3 biggest hitters in the game.

The video also shows how you completely avoid the tree to try and gain some cover for yourself, and allow more able classes to provide some protection while you attempt to heal them - that is your job btw.

All these video's actually show, is how bad you and that particular team were, in an instance that is renowned for mass AoE damage and focus fire.

Move along folks.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast