+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some thoughts on Chloro in PvP

Rift Master

Default Some thoughts on Chloro in PvP

This isn't a thread about LGV/Synth being dispellable.

This thread is about chloro's other gigantic issue in PvP: a crippling reliance on non-instant casts. More specifically, 2-2.5 sec casts. These absolutely neuter your mobility, which is an enormous problem for a spec with the unique challenge of multiple range requirements (you have to be in range of both your dps and heal targets).

I'm not advocating that everything turn instant cast. Nature's Touch, in particular, really isn't eligible for any kind of buff until they tone down its massive size, and I'm not really interested in messing with mechanics that might screw over PvE.

But withering vines? Yeah, that should probably be an instant cast. It's a lightweight dot that doubles as a lightweight hot. The 1.5 sec cast matches the GCD already, so making it instant wouldn't affect optimal application rate. It would just let chloros do a tiny bit more healing on the run.

Also, vile spores, at 2 seconds, is just a bit too cumbersome for PvP. Chloro could really use a tier 1 talent that reduces the cast time to 1.5 seconds. Or reduce the base cast time to 1.5 and adjust the coefficient to maintain PvE balance.

I think these would be reasonable changes for a healing spec that is burdened with such unique (aka inefficient/frustrating) mechanics. They aren't game-breaking or even necessarily game-changing, but they would make playing chloro a little more effective and a lot less obnoxious.

^^These would be good changes. There at least a start and by all means would help out a very frustrating to play soul.

Rift Master

Default small changes are reasonable changes, I think

Definitely what I was going for. Not looking to turn chloro upside down or buff it through the roof. It's just a very frustrating experience trying to maintain range on your heal target and your dps target while saddled with a bunch of extended cast times when it honestly doesn't have to be that way. They could make vile spores 1.5 sec and withering vines instant today and you wouldn't see a flood of new chloros tomorrow. It's still more of a niche/support soul or, in my case, the only recourse you have as a mage one a team full of non-healers. Anything to make it less of a chore would be fantastic.

Don't really have anything to add at this time, would however like to give it a bump back to page 1 and see if anything more can be contributed to it, seemed like it could go in a fairly interesting direction.

Cheers.

I don't even bother with synth/nature's touch anymore in warfronts. By the time you synth and cast nature's touch - they're already dead and respawning. Synth another ally close to you? By the time you do, you're dead. (I'm rank 3 and about 400 valor)

So I've found it pointless, unless I'm overlooking something.

A lot of flourish, radiant spores, essence surge and bloom.

I use blight to take down those pesky tanks, since no one actually attacks the healers. I've been trying a 51 chloro out and void life and natural splendor are neat - when I actually have enough charge to make them useful or are not on cooldown. Often times, they are just grey'ed out or I have only a quarter charge to use when I want to actually use them.

But I'm a chloro and I'm uber I'd love to hear other chloro experiences in pvp/warfronts as well.

Telaran

as a chloro, i agree that mobility is definitely an issue. if you have to, lower the damage/healing numbers but make it instant cast.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Sunrun View Post
    I don't even bother with synth/nature's touch anymore in warfronts. By the time you synth and cast nature's touch - they're already dead and respawning. Synth another ally close to you? By the time you do, you're dead. (I'm rank 3 and about 400 valor)

So I've found it pointless, unless I'm overlooking something.

A lot of flourish, radiant spores, essence surge and bloom.

I use blight to take down those pesky tanks, since no one actually attacks the healers. I've been trying a 51 chloro out and void life and natural splendor are neat - when I actually have enough charge to make them useful or are not on cooldown. Often times, they are just grey'ed out or I have only a quarter charge to use when I want to actually use them.

But I'm a chloro and I'm uber I'd love to hear other chloro experiences in pvp/warfronts as well.
    its the squishiest healing soul, so your are going to be constantly pressured, so u need opportunity. its procs enough to get the rest of your spells off. kite and pop stuff off when u can, use corrosion.

i would like to see the cast times come down a bit, and if they could please insert a parenthesis in the casting calculation when feating HS.

its still feels like a pve healer, not often do you actually get a team stuck in a choke and are able to spam wither on them.

Chloro has to be stationary just like bards. When you passively heal while dealing damage that's pretty much the highest budget thing devs can afford to give you class. Make the best of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Chloro has to be stationary just like bards. When you passively heal while dealing damage that's pretty much the highest budget thing devs can afford to give you class. Make the best of it!
    At this point I'm going to have to agree with Trisian and lRudel, rely on opperunity procs for insta casts, or just have to put up with the cast times, I think it may be a bit much to ask for a notable increase to mobility while being able to output heals through damage. Granted the damage isn't all that, but it is still a decent enough contribution in a team environment, coupled with the healing chloro's should have some drawback.

The one thing I have heard in the thread I would really get behind though is making vines an instant cast, for the damage it does, and only healing people around the target you put it on in the first place, (aside from the pittance it pushes out from LGV) assuming the target and your friendlies near them, both stay in range of one another so the heal even functions. In nearly all situations it would be better to throw out a vile spores on the target.

Cheers.

yea the long cast times are a huge issue for the soul- not just for mobility but for pushbacks and interrupts too, it also makes the class suffer from los and kiting more than other souls as a player who leaves range or los essentially interrupts you. I've only recently picked up the class but it seems that, its lack of self healing aside from cds, and lgv dispel are the main issues with the class. Also, I'm not sure if this has been said before but I noticed on training dummy withering vines is only healing you for the first tick of dmg? not sure if that has been said yet.

+ Reply to Thread