+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Things needed in Rift PvP

Default Things needed in Rift PvP

rift has amazing potetnial for pvp, it's just untapped. Here are a few suggestions to get it rolling.

Triple open world solo kill xp/favor and prestige, or at least give me 200-250 per kill at 50. As it is now, just not worth it so nobody open pvps. DO it like warhammer/daoc rvr. You are forcing people to grind 4 warfronts for prestige/favor over and over and over...

Start prestige at level 10, a lot of people probably don't even do world pvp before 50 because of this and the low gains.

There should be a full set of gear for every tier of prestige and it should all be affordable with the favor you gain from that level.

Give wardstones more of a purpose in open pvp. As of now you get 73 favor per wardstone kill with guild perks. The best I could do was like 6k favor per hour...not worth it. Add some creative feature with the wardstones like adding opposite faction wardstone and don't let npcs spawn. Something...

Increase coin and item drops from players.

Come up with creative incentives/event type things with open world pvp. All the tools are there just figure something out.

Bump, these things would greatly improve pvp in rift.

Soulwalker

I almost exclusively play warfronts. It's just a personal preference. I'd rather fight with real people than npc's.

I generally agree with your suggestions, but I'd add the following:

1. Enable autoloot. Then I won't have to worry about looting bodies while I'm getting killed.

2. Set up a means to preset need/greed/pass choices. This will eliminate the interruptions with having those windows pop up on the screen in the middle of a fight.

3. I don't do dungeons...warfronts don't drop really good gear. Something's wrong here, I think. Give more blue/purple drops in warfronts.

As I said, I prefer warfronts. I like the unpredictability. But I don't like the disparity between warfront and dungeon loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Maltent View Post
    1. Enable autoloot. Then I won't have to worry about looting bodies while I'm getting killed.

2. Set up a means to preset need/greed/pass choices. This will eliminate the interruptions with having those windows pop up on the screen in the middle of a fight.

3. I don't do dungeons...warfronts don't drop really good gear. Something's wrong here, I think. Give more blue/purple drops in warfronts.
    Good additions

im probally sounding like a broken record as usual, but seriously if they incorporate the pvp system from guidl wars into rift they would have a unstoppable beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    im probally sounding like a broken record as usual, but seriously if they incorporate the pvp system from guidl wars into rift they would have a unstoppable beast.
    +1 this with guild rankings in game awsome , just imagine codex with guild v guild makes me have goose bumps

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    I agree. With the soul system and a really nice pvp system/wfs/open pvp/objectives etc. this game would be better. The guild wars pvp systems look awesome but the actual gameplay and character customization looks very boring compared to rift.

Quote Originally Posted by decrypter View Post
    +1 this with guild rankings in game awsome , just imagine codex with guild v guild makes me have goose bumps
    This would be great but let's not get too far ahead of ourselves. First we need open world/RvR event incentive. More open world pvp gain and more warfronts. Having a console type setup allowing you to make warfront games somewhat like dota/lol where you can invite players to the lobby and start a codex with predetermined players from each faction would indeed be sick though.

I just know the devs won't be releasing anything huge in pvp for a couple months so the best thing they could do is tweak these small easy things to make it much better in the meantime.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-02-2011 at 12:25 AM.

/signed/signed/signed
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

some bad news for ya all

this is a pve game , noone of these you posted are ever gonna happen. They added WFs just as a secondary feature to attract more subscribers and that will be all the pvp content this game has to offer so dont expect to see any more of it unless you believed their false promises of oPvP/RvR at the launch of the game.
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 06-02-2011 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zilvereen View Post
    some bad news for ya all

this is a pve game , noone of these you posted are ever gonna happen. They added WFs just as a secondary feature to attract more subscribers and that will be all the pvp content this game has to offer so dont expect to see any more of it unless you believed their false promises of oPvP/RvR at the launch of the game.
    Rift = MMO
    MMO = Money maker for Trion
    Money made for Trion = Introducing these ideas/mechanics.

Even if their focus is on PvE, it's fairly obvious many of their players enjoy the pvp immensely, and augmenting that aspect of the game is beneficial to them, i.e. going to happen, period. What happens, and the speed at which it happens is only predictable, but for them to not augment their pvp in any way would be to kill Rift to many players, which would lower their money, something they don't want.

YER WRONG!
    Grievance, Ethian Chloromaster, Leader of <Chaos>
    +Rithius, +Aro
    How to have rational discussions

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelas View Post
    Rift = MMO

Even if their focus is on PvE, it's fairly obvious many of their players enjoy the pvp immensely, and augmenting that aspect of the game is beneficial to them, i.e. going to happen, period. What happens, and the speed at which it happens is only predictable, but for them to not augment their pvp in any way would be to kill Rift to many players, which would lower their money, something they don't want.

YER WRONG!
    QFT

This is a progressive thread on how to improve pvp in rift. Unless you have some beneficial input to add might as well troll somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelas View Post
    Rift = MMO

YER WRONG!
    Quoted from the developer tracker

""<<Unfortunately we all have various priorities and in the previous development cycle PvP was not an area we were focusing on>>""

Btw do you think players will just sit back for months and wait for pvp updates? They will move to other new fresh MMOs and never come back.
    Last edited by Zilvereen; 06-02-2011 at 01:53 AM.

There will be improvements and additions to pvp in rift. This is a thread on suggestions that will do so. It is not a thread about whatever you are talking about. Nothing that you have posted contributes to any of these things.

So unless you have any ideas on how to improve pvp in rift.

-------------------->

Plane Touched

Give people reason to PVP and they will do it.

Relics in DAOC were huge reason...who wouldn't like perma 10 or 20% damage boost?

Access to Darkness Falls was big reason too

Stop carebearing too...with a way prestige and favor are given left and right in warfronts, you can
    easily afk your way to r6

Rift Disciple

I like these ideas.

For me some RVR type lakes similar to those in WAR would be great. Then you could get some PvP action in while waiting for the wfs to pop. Also RVR lakes in themselves are in some ways more interesting than wfs. I'm really hoping something like this is added because obviously just doing the same wfs over and over gets a bit monotonous.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast