+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: mages , overpowered and easymode .. please nerf them or the red ball!

Plane Touched

Default mages , overpowered and easymode .. please nerf them or the red ball!

I have collected a number of screenshots that shows mages dominating nearly every warfront i play in, in my battlegroup to a point where its basicly just them which win the warfront and there is nothing we can do , we can try and jump them and kill them but they have so much healing support its unreal ... im tired of rift being a one class pvp game ..

please take a moment to look through these screenshiots then consider nerfing the class which ruins pvp

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...527161822.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...527181929.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528162119.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528171229.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528194923.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...529195754.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...530113739.jpg/

this is just a small handful of the screenshots i have , and they grow more and more everytime i play a warfront ..

please trion nerf mages to a more realistic standard ...

or remove the red ball from the game

by mages i mean (pyro/stormcaller)

thank you.
    Last edited by furyior; 05-30-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by furyior View Post
    I have collected a number of screenshots that shows mages dominating nearly every warfront i play in, in my battlegroup to a point where its basicly just them which win the warfront and there is nothing we can do , we can try and jump them and kill them but they have so much healing support its unreal ... im tired of rift being a one class pvp game ..

please take a moment to look through these screenshiots then consider nerfing the class which ruins pvp

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...527161822.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...527181929.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528162119.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528171229.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...528194923.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...529195754.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...530113739.jpg/

this is just a small handful of the screenshots i have , and they grow more and more everytime i play a warfront ..

please trion nerf mages to a more realistic standard ...

or remove the red ball from the game

by mages i mean (pyro/stormcaller)

thank you.
    Hmmmmm While I agree with you that Mages are EXTREMELY powerful (and overpowered in some cases) with the RB, and the RB should flat out be removed.

You saying this is a one class game is silly, When in the sentence before that you said "They have so much support and heals"

It's not a one class game, it's a premade vs pug game, and you're on the receiving end of well backed DPS.

You can do the same thing with Marksman, and Warrior Trains as well.

But yea, RB on pyro's who are running in a premade can only be compared to Marksman doing the same thing.

The only thing they could do to make it remotely more even for you, is to remove the RB...
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Hmmmmm While I agree with you that Mages are EXTREMELY powerful (and overpowered in some cases) with the RB, and the RB should flat out be removed.

You saying this is a one class game is silly, When in the sentence before that you said "They have so much support and heals"

It's not a one class game, it's a premade vs pug game, and you're on the receiving end of well backed DPS.

You can do the same thing with Marksman, and Warrior Trains as well.

But yea, RB on pyro's who are running in a premade can only be compared to Marksman doing the same thing.

The only thing they could do to make it remotely more even for you, is to remove the RB...
    just like to point out ... mages can heal..

The red ball is what makes most builds overpowered. Remove the red ball, and you'd be surpised how underpowered some mage builds are.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Soulwalker

leave my balls alone ! theyve allready nerfed mages where have u been , u can take a mage down in 2 seconds if their cooldowns are up, and yes i mean pyros and stormcallers. target heals and ****

If anything they should nerf rogues. immune immune immune to damage,,,,,bs.

that is all

Quote Originally Posted by furyior View Post
    just like to point out ... mages can heal..
    Not really..

Not when any Rogue can instantly remove the ability for a Chloramancer to heal.

And you will not ever see a Pyro or Stormcaller have Chloramancer in their build, because it's terrible.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The red ball is what makes most builds overpowered. Remove the red ball, and you'd be surpised how underpowered some mage builds are.
    Yeah and how long have mages and everyone who hates being 1 shot by anyone been asking to have that damned thing removed?

Be nice if people would stop picking on the classes that get the most benefit from the power ball and just face the fact that they got whooped by a stupid WF buff never should have been there in the first place.

Honestly guys, this aint unreal we don't need a mega damage orb in the WF. Newbies who come in fresh at 50 have it bad enough as it is without having to deal with a dramaticaly improved TTK on the R6's that could already kill them in 3-5 seconds in most situations anyway.

To anyone who thinks that the converse applied and it helps the lowbies out so they can put out significant numbers on those meany r6's, not so much I'm afraid. Your already comparably low damage will recieve a boost sure, but as the powerball functions off atk/spell power and not actual damage, you will still find yourself horribly lacking.

Actualy I'm not even sure why I am supplying pre-emptive counter arguements to this case, I have never once seen anyone fight to keep the red ball in the WF's...

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Revten View Post
    leave my balls alone ! theyve allready nerfed mages where have u been , u can take a mage down in 2 seconds if their cooldowns are up, and yes i mean pyros and stormcallers. target heals and ****

If anything they should nerf rogues. immune immune immune to damage,,,,,bs.

that is all
    The sooner that damned ball is gone, the sooner mages (and clerics) can get a meaningful class balance patch that shores up their short commings and UP souls.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Not really..

Not when any Rogue can instantly remove the ability for a Chloramancer to heal.

And you will not ever see a Pyro or Stormcaller have Chloramancer in their build, because it's terrible.
    HAHA shows how much you know! I put out uber healing with my LGV and forked lighting, it's like all super awesome an stuff, I can keep whole raids alive!!!!!111!

Sadly yeah, chloro has a great synergy with Archon (in pve mostly) Necro (again more PvE but functional PvP) and expecialy Lock, but then again saying something benefits from having warlock is like saying a rogue spec gets benefit from NB or a warrior spec has synergy with Paragon. Shame about that, but understandable, if LGV allows 80% healing from any damage...could you just imagine what Pyro's would be like? Or worse, SC's AoEing 5-6 people at a time and getting 2-3k heals from it? Heh that would be fun for about the 3 hours it went un-nerfed.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 05-30-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Yeah and how long have mages and everyone who hates being 1 shot by anyone been asking to have that damned thing removed?

Be nice if people would stop picking on the classes that get the most benefit from the power ball and just face the fact that they got whooped by a stupid WF buff never should have been there in the first place.

Honestly guys, this aint unreal we don't need a mega damage orb in the WF. Newbies who come in fresh at 50 have it bad enough as it is without having to deal with a dramaticaly improved TTK on the R6's that could already kill them in 3-5 seconds in most situations anyway.

To anyone who thinks that the converse applied and it helps the lowbies out so they can put out significant numbers on those meany r6's, not so much I'm afraid. Your already comparably low damage will recieve a boost sure, but as the powerball functions off atk/spell power and not actual damage, you will still find yourself horribly lacking.

Actualy I'm not even sure why I am supplying pre-emptive counter arguements to this case, I have never once seen anyone fight to keep the red ball in the WF's...

Cheers.
    I like them in Black Gardens. I hate them anywhere else.

Black Garden is a constrained 10v10 map. So I find it's where premades vs. premades have the most prevalence. And in those situations, the Red Buff is pretty strategic. There are always mini-2v2 3v3 skirmishes for the red ball.

On an aside, if red ball were to be removed, Pyros would need to be tweaked upward. Maybe not to red-ball levels, but pretty damn north of where they'd be without it.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post

On an aside, if red ball were to be removed, Pyros would need to be tweaked upward. Maybe not to red-ball levels, but pretty damn north of where they'd be without it.
    For the sake of PVE balance, that's exactly what we need.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Disciple

Ya while your at it nerf all those tanks down. Seriously, **** takes like 5 minutes to die. It is ridicules. I can sit there and hit them over and over and then bam paladin 100% heal regain and I have to do it all over again! They are useless anyway because they have no damage, just a big annoyance because they have so much HP and armor!

Quote Originally Posted by Ostaf View Post
    Ya while your at it nerf all those tanks down. Seriously, **** takes like 5 minutes to die. It is ridicules. I can sit there and hit them over and over and then bam paladin 100% heal regain and I have to do it all over again! They are useless anyway because they have no damage, just a big annoyance because they have so much HP and armor!
    Why are you hitting the tank. Were you taunted?

Get some good pvp gear and decent resists, learn to LOS and mages are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    I like them in Black Gardens. I hate them anywhere else.

Black Garden is a constrained 10v10 map. So I find it's where premades vs. premades have the most prevalence. And in those situations, the Red Buff is pretty strategic. There are always mini-2v2 3v3 skirmishes for the red ball.

I still want it out of BG as well, if they ever implament Premade vs Premade then my opinion may well differ, if to just add more flavor in a small cluster fighting WF like BG.

To the note of upping pyro's. Ditch the red ball, see what happens. Make minor tweak, see what happens. Make minor tweak see what happens. Repeat til balance is achieved. I'm fine with that, but thus far, Trion is not known for their...finesse? Really it is more of a PvE issue than a PvP one anyway, pyro's seem perfectly capable of remaining competitive in most if not all WF's without the use of the redballofapocolypticDOOM, they just (some not all) need to learn that since the updates they can no longer play gandalf and shout "you will not pass" at the incoming enemy raid.

Cheers.

Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast