+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: mages , overpowered and easymode .. please nerf them or the red ball!

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Maris View Post
    My take is this. I beleive there is a fundamental problem on how PvP was set up, something they probably did not take into account. I am in the oposite side of things (defiants), when I play PvP warfronts we get our buts kicked so bad. But I can never understand what it is that we are doing wrong. Part of it is I beleive the way our teams play, the other part is how some classes really just seem to own us all the time. There is times when I am fighting some one (no specifics) and I need help so I call for help and then its like 4 or 5 against 1 and we still all looose. how is that. I beleive they need to look at the big picture first then go down in detail and see were the gaps are, to make it a fair game for all
    I use to be of the opinion that healers were way overpowered. Now not so much. the PROBLEM is that everyone expects that every one of there specs should be able to kill another classes spec. SCs have their place in certain situations, Locks have their place, Pyros have their place, Chloros have their place, etc. A chloro will never kill a all healing cleric 1v1. However an all healing cleric will never kill a chloro 1v1. I really use to be of the opinion that healers determined WF successfulness.. While healers play their part, teh team with the best strat wins. And usually there is a step in your strategy that is to focus down healers. Once they go down, everyone else goes down.
    Andoreniel - 50 Mage
    Specs
    Chloromancer/Warlock/Archon - Support/Heals
    SC/ELE/Archon - DPS

Plane Touched

Interesting thread but good Mages don't need the red ball bud here's a SS of one of my Port of Scion (granted we did return stones and this was before they took the buffs for returning out). I'll agree we are OP and very easymode but VERY easily countered if the opposition knows what it's doing.

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/3707/20110502001242.jpg

Telaran

people still trying to defend this?

I'm still 1 shotting people without redball and without Intensify Elements

this shouldn't happen

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post

There are good players and bad ones. Mages can kill with bad players behind them as the OP suggests, Warrior's cannot, rogues can do ok. That doesn't mean they need a nerf, it means warrior's/rogues have to try harder.
    So we've established that good warriors/rogues die to mediocre mages and youre solution is to try harder? Please stop posting. Pyro needs to be looked at or melee as a whole needs to be brought up to par with other classes capabilities. (Mages that run around & 1 shot people and R5 clerics who can tank 5-6 other R5 players)
    R40 Rogue|YoungLoc| <RNG> Gang. Im good at PvPin, Poppin Pills & $mokin dope ! Follow me on Twitter @LiteSkinndJesus

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by youngloc52 View Post
    So we've established that good warriors/rogues die to mediocre mages and youre solution is to try harder? Please stop posting. Pyro needs to be looked at or melee as a whole needs to be brought up to par with other classes capabilities. (Mages that run around & 1 shot people and R5 clerics who can tank 5-6 other R5 players)
    A good MM will beat any mage. Let's not forget that rogues and warriors have better single target damage then mages.

I'm in constant amazement how people always overlook that it takes 7-8 seconds to get a full charge bar to fulminate someone every 45 seconds, or takes a stormcaller 5 seconds to get the 3 electrified stacks up and then spams lightning field once every 1.5 seconds. A lightning field will do anything between 600-1400 depending on crits and valor. That damage is easily healed through by a decent cleric.

Stormcallers and Pyros have great burst, but the lowest survivability of mages, plus neither of those classes have a healing debuff of any kind. Warrior dps pvp builds and rogue pvp builds both have healing debuffs to help burst targets down.

Rift Disciple

Dear topic starter: the screenshots of the mage you took were inappropriate. You should have chosen me. I can go 20-30 kbs to 0 deaths with mages.

Easy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8