+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hackers? Do they exsist...

Soulwalker

Default Hackers? Do they exsist...

In the past few days I have had 1 or 2 incidents of players calling the opposite hackers, mainly pyros who are hitting 11k+ or using flicker multiple times. I personally think it soudns stupid and damage is viable with the red ball. Anyone else come across stuff like this or is it jsut players looking for an excuse? Interesting

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stevecus View Post
    In the past few days I have had 1 or 2 incidents of players calling the opposite hackers, mainly pyros who are hitting 11k+ or using flicker multiple times. I personally think it soudns stupid and damage is viable with the red ball. Anyone else come across stuff like this or is it jsut players looking for an excuse? Interesting
    Yes.

Although that doesn't mean everyone accused of hacking is actually hacking and many times it probably is an excuse.

I was called a hack on my mage many times while leveling because of soul purge and my survivability. I'd be at like 10% health and get attacked, and finish the fight with them dead and me at 100% life. I admit it was way overpowered, but it wasnt hacking.

Really you should establish a pattern of it happening multiple times, and be sure it's not some ability before thinking about accusing. But I've seen people teleport a couple of times in game, very rare and after I reported them, I can't remember seeing them for very long after. Other times I've seen people do something that seemed off, but I've played against them so many other times with nothing out of the ordinary that I figure it's just lag.
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-30-2011 at 04:45 PM.

Soulwalker

Its quite irritating watching your pug sit at spawn because they believe a pyro with a red buff to be a hacker due to crazy numbers, but hey... Imo they should remove the buff balls from wf's or at least the red ones, i'm very OP when i get one.

link removed

Yes, they do exist. Here is the proof. Goto the message boards here and you see people posting questions about Rift and this program. People in Warhammer online used it extensivly and it was known as "Warbuddy". I am only posting this site to raise awareness about it so people can recognize the hacks and report them. Those who would use this crap already know how to find it.

If you are thinking of trying it, think how it would feel to lose your account forever.

*Mod Edit* - Please do not post links to known forums that discuss these sorts of issues
    Last edited by Jakranka; 05-30-2011 at 06:50 PM. Reason: removed link

Yes, they do exist. Here is the proof. Goto the message boards here and you see people posting questions about Rift and this program. People in Warhammer online used it extensivly and it was known as "Warbuddy". I am only posting this site to raise awareness about it so people can recognize the hacks and report them. Those who would use this crap already know how to find it.

If you are thinking of trying it, think how it would feel to lose your account forever.[/QUOTE]

The kids or those too dense to have found it now have a map, thanks chief.

All good intentions aside, posting anything about where/how to obtain/use hacks of any sort is just stupid, and this post needs to be removed.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Jakranka; 05-30-2011 at 06:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post

All good intentions aside, posting anything about where/how to obtain/use hacks of any sort is just stupid, and this post needs to be removed.

Cheers.
    That is up to the mods to decide, I reported it to them myself btw. I hope Trion knows about it and if they did not now they do.

My problem is I hear "l2p" or "it's just lag" when talking about these things.....it IS real and here is the proof.

Like I said, those who would use it already found it long before we had this discussion. This is like trying to hide sex from teenagers.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-30-2011 at 06:49 PM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post

Cheers.

Agreed. I actually went looking for the bits in Terms of Use that prohibit this, but the only relevant bit I found was that Trion is not responsible for anything that happens because of links. I may have to read it again when I'm not quite as tired. If there's actually nothing against links to hacking programs (or info about them), I'll be very surprised (and disappointed).

Until I find that bit, this will have to do

Quote Originally Posted by Terms of Use
    You agree that you will not, under any circumstances: <snip> disrupt or assist in the disruption of (i) any computer used to support the Service (each a “Server”); or (ii) any other player's Game experience.
    as a sidenote.. where do I find the EULA? Do I need to reinstall the game or wait for a patch to read it again or something?
    Last edited by Tizian; 05-30-2011 at 06:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread