+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone else not happy with the server pairings?

Rift Chaser

Default Anyone else not happy with the server pairings?

So, I am on Reclaimer, a PvP server, yet all the servers paired with us are PvE. Can we just have one other PvP server paired with us? It would be nice to actually have decent random players in the queue with us. Anyone else take a look at who is in your WF and realize the pairings are just messed up? WTB one decent PvP server to be paired with us.

Rift Disciple

What's different on a pvp server compared to a pve one? The existence of ganks on people questing?

Does skill at world pvp translate perfectly into pvp ability on warfronts? I'm sure some of it does but at the same time, someone who never does world pvp can learn to be just as good in warfronts anyway.

I wonder who would be the better pvper in a warfront, the guy on a pve server who got from level 10 to 50 with nothing but warfronts or the pvp server guy who does warfronts less often (after all, they did roll on a pvp server for world pvp, right?)?

Where you come from doesn't matter. What you can do does. You can learn what to do in warfronts equally well on any type of server.

Rift Chaser

Not really what I am getting at. When it comes to just solo queuing and not running a pre-made, a lot of the guardians suck. What doesn't help is that a lot of players are terrible to begin with. The players who are better at PvP may be on an actual PvP server, not a PvE server. The point I am trying to make is that it would be nice to have some decent players who actually can play PvP effectively. Maybe on your server it is different, but our pairings seem to be horrible when it comes to the skill level of some of these players.

Quote Originally Posted by Natir View Post
    So, I am on Reclaimer, a PvP server, yet all the servers paired with us are PvE. Can we just have one other PvP server paired with us? It would be nice to actually have decent random players in the queue with us. Anyone else take a look at who is in your WF and realize the pairings are just messed up? WTB one decent PvP server to be paired with us.
    I dont see the point of your arguement, you want better competition or better allies? This wront happen being paired with another random server pve or pvp

Rift Disciple

I think it's just down to the fact that you're more likely to see people from other servers than from your own.

You might have 20% bad players from each server, but since you've only got one pvp server in the group you might be just counting the numbers? 2 poorly skilled from pvp server vs 2 poorly skilled from other servers could end up as a 2 to 4/6/8 ratio or whatever.

It could be true that pvp servers have better skilled players on average, but I really don't think the effect is big enough to require any changes in the warfront shard groupings.

Switching pairings around would only be a temporary solution anyway. What happens when the previously bad skilled players (who got transfered to another grouping) learn to play? Or skilled people retire and a new influx replace them.. etc. The skill even varies by the hour so fixing skill at 2 hours in primetime might make it lopsided again at all other times.

--

Going a bit offtopic here..

Switching server groupings around based on amount of players/queue times, sure. You could even have only pvp servers in a group for all I care, so long as all the groups of servers have good queue times. If that can only be achieved by mixing pvp servers with other types, then that's the only solution I can see.

Some might say then that "if you want to pvp, roll on a pvp server!", but I don't think I'm alone if I say I don't like the world pvp aspect. I wouldn't dream of creating sanctions or preventing high level players from attacking low levels, but that is bound to happen, and I just don't like that in a questing levelup MMO such as this. I'm perfectly fine with high powered players killing poor newbies in Eve Online though, should the newbies have been stupid enough to have joined a group that is at war or ventured into unsafe areas or simply flew an expensive ship in "protected" areas.

Can't quite put into words how I feel about the whole thing, just that in some games I don't like world pvp and in others I do. I played on pvp server in Age of Conan. *shrug*

I'd hate to be forced to choose world pvp in order to do warfronts is the bottom line.

Briarcliff should be on it's own pairing, and people who play there should be flagged so that they can't leave or roll toons on other servers.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    Briarcliff should be on it's own pairing, and people who play there should be flagged so that they can't leave or roll toons on other servers.
    Hey dammit I am on Briarcliff!

You rpers would miss me.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

Quote Originally Posted by Gwartham View Post
    Hey dammit I am on Briarcliff!

You rpers would miss me.
    Implying that everyone on Harrow RPs is the same as implying everyone on Briarcliff is a pro PVE'er for taking down greenscale first. While amusing, and slightly annoying for the person being mocked, it makes the person doing the mocking look like an idiot to anyone who knows better.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Chaser

Meh wasnt meant as a insult

You play on a Rp server, ergo you shall forever be referred to as a rper, whether or not you rp or bumfuzzle is irrelevant.

I play on Briarcliff, a PvP server, I get called all kinds of ****

I used to play on Guinevere in Daoc, and I didnt rp.

I aint very prejudiced based soley on what server someone plays on.

U?
    Last edited by Gwartham; 05-30-2011 at 04:03 PM.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

The players on PvP servers suck just as bad at warfronts as the people on PvE servers.

I play on both types, with 2 different server clusters. Same **** is everywhere.

Plane Touched

just so you know i play on a pve shard .. and am often top scorer in my warfronts ...and yes we have a pvp shard in my battlegroup ..... its prob already been said but i'll say it again ...

being on a pvp shard dosent mean you are good at pvp .. geez.

Another elitist who thinks one letter in his server description means something.

I have played on pvp servers in several mmo's, and even though my main is on a rp-pve server, I do have a 41 alt on Harrow, an rp-pvp server. I suppose because of the rp you think you can play better than us there as well......but I digress.

On Shadefallen I leveled to 50 mostly on Warfronts since level 10 and am now rank 5. What experience have I missed with this character that makes you think you are a better pvper in warfronts than I am? If you want to talk about how to gank someone 10 levels below you while theyre in the middle of a pull I am sure you are an expert......but we ALL play in Warfronts.

This delusional thought process that makes you think you are a better pvper because of the server description ...........it's just not real bro. Sorry to burst your elitist bubble. Fact is, I don't play on pvp servers anymore because of people like you who flock to them. My alt is 41 because that is where I left him when I rerolled pve to get away from you. I hope Harrow is doing better now, too many jerkoffs rolled there at release and missed the whole rp tag part.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-30-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Yes this was a terrible idea. I am also on a pvp server, we have enough bad pvpers as it is. Then get into a wf filled with pve server people it's stupid. They have no idea how to do it and are usually undergeared for pvp.

+ Reply to Thread