+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do guardian Cleric refuse to heal in Warfronts?

Plane Walker

Default Why do guardian Cleric refuse to heal in Warfronts?

I am see more and more clerics go DPS, in a port of Scion game and leave the team without healers?

I am on Byierl and we have Stonecrest and Snarebush in our Warfront cluster.

I am asking why the sudden change, we use to have plenty of healers now we be lucky to get 2 or 3 in a match?

i ask the defiant clerics that exact same question. Before i get flamed im a healing cleric... thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kottos View Post
    it's ok! good samaritans are so rare we mistake them for the enemy too

Soulwalker

I'm going to guess three reasons.

1) No one defends them and they die. Over and over. Probably starts to grate on your nerves after awhile.

2) Everyone complains about not being healed. Even though they run constantly out of range.

3) The vast majority of people I see complaining could be healing themselves... but aren't.
    Last edited by Fadi; 05-30-2011 at 02:37 PM.

lud
    Champion

It sucks being trained, no one can protect you against the train, mages hit so hard you can't heal through it and then wonder why bother healing when that happens. Nothing should crit for more then 2k.

Scion is a mega favour hoard. The most healing i would do is off healing with my inqui/justi spamming DoL when i have convictions.

Otherwise, tough titties, saving up for my last piece and i get more favour (2.7k~ last scion) when i melt face then when i try and heal you LOS'rs .

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi View Post

1) No one defends them and they die. Over and over. Probably starts to grate on your nerves after awhile.

2) Everyone complains about not being healed. Even though they run constantly out of range.

3) The vast majority of people I see complaining could be healing themselves... but aren't.
    1) Yes.

2) Yes.

3) Also, yes.

I've got two clerics. One in the 20s that I haven't touched in over a month. Another is almost level 16 now and has earned 90% of her xp since level 10 in Black Garden. As a healer in every match.

Few things are so frustrating as being half a second away from landing a big heal on someone (especially a fang holder who KNOWS they need heals almost constantly) only to have them LoS you and you have to reposition and start another heal and...they LoS you again. Or you tell people that you're going where the fang holder is and if they want heals to be there and they scatter all over the map chasing after red names and then complain when they don't get heals. Bonus rage points if your healer moves up to support offense on the enemy fang carrier while 5 of their teammates hang back on the wrong side of the map fighting one enemy player. Then they complain that they died to that one player, or they somehow manage to kill that one player and the next red name they see is where they should have been all along only now you've been focused and killed and are waiting to rez and..."wtf?!?! no heals?!?!" when they charge in.

(My favorite anecdote: running a Black Garden with a truly inept group and me as only one of two healers in the map trying to get them focused on what they need to be doing. One of the guys who was constantly bouncing hither and thither around the pillars and LoSing my heals decided to get defensive and spend the rest of the match telling me how "useless" I was. I...as a level 13 healer at the time...was the only person on our team to score a kill on a fang holder.)

So you might say to yourself, "Well, you're still a cleric and you're still useful to the team as a healer so you should heal."

I'm still a cleric, and I'm still a person playing a game and if the ineptitude and whiny stupidity of my teammates means I'm not enjoying myself, I either go dps or I don't queue. Either way, you're without a healer.

You know how sometimes people come up with these lame ideas for what the developers should do to force people to learn how not to be so bad? Like every once in while you'll see someone suggest that there be a quest for each role that teaches you how to do that role and you have to complete it before you can enter a dungeon?

Ya, my lame suggestion would be to make it so that you can't queue for a warfront unless you had first run 20 matches as a healer. I don't care if you're a warrior. You get special abilities that turn you into a healer in your "how not to be a sniveling monkey when you go into a warfront and don't collaborate with your healers" intro quest.

That would be awesome.

Soulwalker

Going to add to Fadi (I queue as healer each time)

4) You are often marked and defiant melee seem to be more willing to attack the healers at the back.

5) You are not reliant on others to play the game to win. Dont expect to be healed when you run into Defiant outnumbered 4to1. Why not join the main group?

6) You don't have to rely on other dps to 'see' the Defiant healers at the back keeping the tank up.

7) Chasing stone carrier in Black Garden going los even though no dps nearby.

8) A lack of offhealing to support the cleric. Bards are still powerful supporters with a cleric.

When someone asks why there are no healers, I usually refer them to the healing done scoreboard ans say "if you were standing near an objective, maybe you'd get heals too".

Rift Disciple

Hmm.. Maybe if the game could have an addon.. nay, a forced feature..

You walk behind a tree/rock/building/too far. You're being attacked. Big red letters flash on screen: "You're out of LOS/range of your healer!!!".

--
    But truly, playing a healer is the only way to realise that many many people who complain about lack of heals really do bring that upon themselves.

I know I probably frustrate a lot of healers on my team when I charge into enemy group with my champ. But I don't even expect to get healed, and fully expect to die. I'm usually just doing it to fearbomb the enemy so our ranged guys can focus the one unlucky dude who ends up running towards them. I might get a kill of my own too before I die, or at least occupy a healer (which tend to be my targets to charge to) so that the team can get a kill.

It's a nice bonus if I actually do get healed in those situations, and then the enemy team is in trouble :P

And I haven't healed pvp in Rift. I've definitely seen people complain about lack of healing though, and I haven't even once read those complaints from people I noticed doing something useful.

On the flipside, I don't see healers communicating their needs to the team very often either. Believe it or not, some people do get more motivated to protect you if you remind them to do so. Communication doesn't always work, but it doesn't hurt to try, right? Do it while waiting to resurrect or before the match started etc.

edit: if you happen to be the raid leader, remember to mark enemy targets, healers especially. You could also mark yourself to let others have an easier time tracking your position so they'll be in range of heals. If you're not the leader, you can ask for the leader to mark targets (friendly or enemy).
    Last edited by Tizian; 05-30-2011 at 03:51 PM.

Rift Clerics are just dps rerolls who got tired of dieing all the time due to no heals.
    Last edited by Mako482; 05-30-2011 at 06:35 PM.

Answer is simple. If you have the capability to heal/support and you don't have any healers or support AND you don't switch to that spec. You just want to lose. Play to win!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Fadi View Post

I got tired of trying to help clerics due to them healing themselves and no-one else. DPS clerics should be banned from warfronts because they do not work as a team.

You see.. real dps warriors cannot heal nor escape so we need clerics. These same clerics who live longer due to us taking the brunt of assaults and dying far more often.

But if they are just going to be selfish buttholes and want to dps then they need to be banned or forced to heal. Why? Because 1 dps cleric can lose a match while 1 heal cleric can win a match.

Tell you what though.. Give me my own healing and I won't give a hoot how any no healing cleric plays.

I do play a heal cleric as well by the way.

in reply to the last post..

i healed every WF till i got P4 i only swapped to dps then becasue of 2 reasons.

1) sick and tired of scrubs running off doing dumb stuff then whinging no heals.

2) i can kill more ppl and do more dps then most other classes and get more favor by doing so

if you want ppl to heal QQ to trion so that healing gets 2x the favor then you would never have a lack of heals
    untill then suck it up princess and if it botheres you that much roll a cleric and heal yourself ( i bet you wont last long at it tho)

Before i get flamed for asking for more favor for healing clerics remember a healer can do more healing than you do dps yet you get alot more favor if u increase the favor x2 to clerics we would get just a lil more than dps'ers and if u have ever healed in a WF you will agree its deserved
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-30-2011 at 07:05 PM.

Plane Touched

And thus the game is lame. Soon we will call the game:

Clerics of Telara

I am so glad my sub is up soon. I was originally a Bard, but we got nerfed so I took up MM. We got eradicate and the only thing I was doing was eradicate and as I watched myself die from not being healed, I decided to roll Assassin.

Now I take people on when I feel like it and I can just hide in the wind til Slip Away is up and then go melt some face and slip away.

I dont get a lot of damage, but I dont depend on anyone either. So much easier to NOT depend on a Healer. They are all useless in a PUG.

I have to say, Maeve is the best healer I have seen and he/she plays often and if you stick by Maeve, you will get heals. At least on my server. Everyone else I have seen as a Cleric sucks *** for healing

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    Because 1 dps cleric can lose a match while 1 heal cleric can win a match.
    I gain more Favour losing at a dps cleric than i do for winning as a healer cleric.

I guess i am selfish.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    When someone asks why there are no healers, I usually refer them to the healing done scoreboard ans say "if you were standing near an objective, maybe you'd get heals too".
    A very good point especially for Codex, where people run around like idiots while those of us who begrudgingly roll healer for it wait near objective points....all alone, wondering where everyone is.
    Last edited by Eughe; 05-30-2011 at 07:40 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast