+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Why do guardian Cleric refuse to heal in Warfronts?

Telaran

I went a dps cleric because I was tired of guardians around me tab-targeting the first defiant that they came across which would mostly be tanks while defiant dps focus'd me and I would get no protection.

The dps would go out of range and cause los issues.

But I do heal with Doctrine of Loyalty and by wearing the buffs from Justicar (11) my attacks are doing some heals too. Even with just that I can get over 100k in heals, its not as much as a main healer but it helps. So if more dps clerics did that it would make a bit of a difference imo instead of no heals at all.

1. ppls don't need healers - see all nerf cleric threads.

2. wtf clerics dps: instead of - can u go healing spec?

3. wtf no heals - when they are constantly running out of los or doing rembo moves.

4. Half wf i'm chased by some rogues or warriors ane no one even bothers to get them off of me.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Not since patch 1.2. It doesn't matter what you do really, as long as the opponent dies, the radius of the people get rewarded is huge. That's also the reason the favor (and prestige) gained has tripled since that patch, win or lose.
    go heal a warfront, expect last or maybe second to last on favor gained.

I heal in warfronts, only once in the last 2 days (doing about 8 hrs a day of warfronts) I got just as much favor as the rest of the group.

Currently I recieve maybe 50-100 less favor pr. front, which adds up to a lot of lost favor when doing nuthing but warfronts all day.

Trion might think they have "fixed" it, but ask any healer that pvp on a regular basis - healers get screwed on favor.
    "I wish my lawn was emo, so it would cut itself..."

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Not since patch 1.2. It doesn't matter what you do really, as long as the opponent dies, the radius of the people get rewarded is huge. That's also the reason the favor (and prestige) gained has tripled since that patch, win or lose.
    I get 400+ more favor as a dps in scion than i do as a healer. I know what was suppose to happen with 1.2, but its not working. I dont die as a healer (and most of time scions im in is a victory we me dying at most 2 times) and i follow the crowd where ever they migrate to.

If i get 2200 as a healer, i would get 2700 as a dps. If i get 2500 as a healer, i get 2900 as a dps.
    I do turn ins, usually top heal with my mana chug of a senti build going through pots and and waters like mad (full 51 since its really does counter the aoe spikes we get) i even help with the dps by using shards of life when ever i can.

Always get more favor in my inqui build.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-02-2011 at 04:49 AM.

Soulwalker

Default atleast he made it that far(P4) making warrior alt, then you cant cry when i dps..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Destructiveurges View Post
    in reply to the last post..

i healed every WF till i got P4 i only swapped to dps then becasue of 2 reasons.

1) sick and tired of scrubs running off doing dumb stuff then whinging no heals.

2) i can kill more ppl and do more dps then most other classes and get more favor by doing so

if you want ppl to heal QQ to trion so that healing gets 2x the favor then you would never have a lack of heals
    untill then suck it up princess and if it botheres you that much roll a cleric and heal yourself ( i bet you wont last long at it tho)

Before i get flamed for asking for more favor for healing clerics remember a healer can do more healing than you do dps yet you get alot more favor if u increase the favor x2 to clerics we would get just a lil more than dps'ers and if u have ever healed in a WF you will agree its deserved
    Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    Because we get sick of dps not defending us healers. We get sick of dps not actually working on the objectives of the warfront. We get sick of dps not focusing their healers down. We are just downright sick of dps playing terribly.
    the favor thing makes me sick....when you heal for 133003 or w/e...the people you keep alive get more favor because they killed a few people.
    Or how about erase the friggin mark on me when I die. That definately needs a change. Hey maybe we wont die AS SOON as we get to the battle due to be marked the WHOLE BATTLE. Its very obvious when people are in there own fight then all of a sudden retarget on you 4 or five or em...lol. Then you know the whole not being protected yadda yadda by now so....really im more pissed about the favor issue. It kinda makes healing not - worth - it in a warfront.
    Hence making warrior alt.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    I get 400+ more favor as a dps in scion than i do as a healer. I know what was suppose to happen with 1.2, but its not working. I dont die as a healer (and most of time scions im in is a victory we me dying at most 2 times) and i follow the crowd where ever they migrate to.

If i get 2200 as a healer, i would get 2700 as a dps. If i get 2500 as a healer, i get 2900 as a dps.
    I do turn ins, usually top heal with my mana chug of a senti build going through pots and and waters like mad (full 51 since its really does counter the aoe spikes we get) i even help with the dps by using shards of life when ever i can.

Always get more favor in my inqui build.
    and you get 700 for lossing

Before we all rip each other’s faces off, it might be a good idea for everyone – and yes, I mean everyone – to take a look at their own expectations. Because I think our expectations are the primary source of the problem. On both sides.

DPS, the healers in your warfront are not your own personal healbots, dedicated only to you, to follow you around corners or into the fray, attending personally to your wounds while ignoring everything else. You are not entitled to all their heals. In fact, you are not entitled to ANY heals, especially from dangers that you, all by yourself, decided to place yourself in the path of. You will probably get some heals in the course of the warfront, but probably not nearly as much as you would want, or exactly when you would want them. Be aware that your healer has a lot to worry about – first and foremost is her own green bar. Once that is good and full, and no one is aggressively trying to kill her, she’ll be able toss out some heals – to ALL the people in the group, hopefully a few of which are at least in range. But even then, she will not be able to keep everyone alive by herself. She’ll have to make some hard decisions about who she can save and who she cannot. Have a reasonable expectation about how often that will be you.

Healers, the dps in your warfront are not your own personal protector-bots. They are not going to circle you like the Secret Service for the entire duration of the warfront, frantically seeking out anyone who would dare to try to harm Your Royal Majesty. You are not entitled to anyone’s protection. Trust me, everyone wants the healer to stay alive, but most of the time, there is more important stuff to deal with. Like the actual warfront objectives. Sometimes, well, plenty of times really, you’re going to be on your own. Learn the same tricks the rest of use out here – your available cc, LoS, strafing, etc. And when you die, realize it’s not the end of the world, buff up, and get back out here. You’re doing an important job, even if no one, ever, remembers to say thank you.
    ~~If you like to protect players, roll a tank. If you like doing damage, roll a dps. If you want the power to choose who lives and who dies, it's probably a good thing you're playing a video game.~~

Quote Originally Posted by Grazskin View Post
    and you get 700 for lossing
    If I were healing? Yeah I would. If I dps I'm walking out with 1500-1700 favor.

No real benefit for me to heal unless I am feeling generous.

Both sides say the same thing.

My auto response to those that ***** in warfronts about not getting healed, go roll one. I then ask the mages/rogues why aren't you support healing then?

Too many people apparently do not get LoS, or being out of range, or if I'm fighting off 2-3 attackers, you're not getting healed.

Anyone with half a brain looks at the opposition before the match starts. So healers get focused, that's common sense. I will tell the team focus on the healers. If you do warfronts enough you know who the healers are that you're playing against.

I won't go full heal in warfronts (with a premade of people I know I would) as I do like some survivability (run warden/inq/sent). You can't depend on your team to defend you, so many people think it's a 1v1 duel and really don't get the team success of a warfront.

I've played every class in warfronts and ALWAYS carry health pots, warding potions, etc., as I don't expect a healer to be my healbot, unless I'm holding the shard, etc. I'm glad to get healed - always thank healers, and do understand I may not get healed LoS/distance/idiots, etc.
    ziboo
    Hammerfist Clan - Faeblight

"Never argue with stupid, it drags you down to it's level, then beats you with experience."

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Arkanfel View Post
    This. Jesus, this. Especially number one. Part of the reason I stopped healing was because my teams would whine about not having one, and then if/when I switched, I got no support. I'd walk out onto the field in BG and be focus-fired by two assassins and a mage while the rest of my team is whaling on warriors.

I spent about a week healing in WFs before I vowed never to touch the spec again. I'm done healing in this game until/unless you stop getting LoSed by f**king twigs and lammposts. I actually had a much higher loss rate as a healer than I did as an inquis "DPS" cleric (I put "DPS" in quotes because it's not really a DPS build but that's what all the neckbeards call it--the way I play it, it's more of a party pressure/tank/obj ***** build).

But yeah, people complaining about healers can screw right off. Roll one, you'll find out why most of us don't after a few matches.
    Right there with ya. And, I've found that as inq/just/sent, I can usually approach if not be in the top several spots of both dps and heals, so to me that's more of a contribution while gaining more favor. And, once the opposition gets wise that I'm a cleric, I get a number and/or am focus-fired anyway, so why not go out with a bang having fun LOL

Telaran

really? you get that much more? I'm going to start DPS'ing
    ~Gas is expensive, Rift is cheap.~

Telaran

and what eveleaf said. I agree 100% and especially some clerics can get that 'attitude' LOL
    ~Gas is expensive, Rift is cheap.~

maybe off topic...

sorry my poor english, but if someone says: dps cleric guy - it's good or bad?
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Defiant healers on briarcliff have been really good lately more then willing to help out with heals.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6