+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Pyro's are totally fine.

Soulwalker

Default Pyro's are totally fine.

Yep, another one of these threads.

Just wondering how anyone can justify ever having a class that can one shot another class, under any circumstances (let alone fairly consistently get you to sub 25 in a single hit, regardless of gear).

Is there any listed changes for 1.3 that will give the other classes a reason to be played in pvp? Because as it stands now, even ****tily geared (read: blues, r1/r2 gear) pyros can burst down someone in r5/6 gear.

I'm going out of the country for a month or so fairly soon, and cancelling beforehand since I wont be able to play. I really hope there is a reason for me to resub when I get back.

Rift Chaser

Yay nother cry thread about pyros.

This time r2 Pyro Pwning some r6.

Yah that happens a lot.

Not.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

They are fine.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Shield of Telara

In my experience every class has a soul like Pyro.

Assassins with their stealth attack and stuns with high burst.

Champs with hybrid mix of course for strong damage plus charge and stuns and CC.

Inquisitors ( hybrids also ) with their very high instant cast damage spells, AoE high damage and great healing.

I think if anything atm, it's Rogue Assassins that are on top with the changes and benefits to Rogues. But that's me.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    In my experience every class has a soul like Pyro.

Assassins with their stealth attack and stuns with high burst.

Champs with hybrid mix of course for strong damage plus charge and stuns and CC.

Inquisitors ( hybrids also ) with their very high instant cast damage spells, AoE high damage and great healing.

I think if anything atm, it's Rogue Assassins that are on top with the changes and benefits to Rogues. But that's me.
    Ummm no.

Rogue assasssins do not do any kind of such burst. Our best DPS out of stealth is a dot, and we get our damage from bleeds and dots.

IE: I open up with Jagged Strike, which is a DOT that crits in the 300 range. Then I build up combo points(this takes 2 seconds), and I impale you. This adds another DOT that crits in the 300 range. Then I have a talent that makes you bleed when I crit(small damage).

My DPS builds up basically, I have to get all these things going before I can think about taking someone down. Only after I have these things up can I really think about "burst", and that comes from a single ability called serpent strike that has an 8 second cooldown. It crits for around 1k and is off the GCD, so I can combine it with a finisher for some burst to hopefully finish someone off.

Many times I have to hit slip away and restealth to reopen on the person because I had no burst.

I HAVE to open up from stealth on you to get this burst. If I don't open from stealth I have 15% less damage, I don't have that extra dot and so on.

Now on pyro(and I have a 50 mage and 50 rogue). I simply cast heatwave and I get 1k fireballs every 1.0 second. Then I have Cinders that proc ALL THE TIME for instant cast, another 2k-3k damage there. And I then have fulminate - which is notorious for 1 shotting people, and inferno when they get below 30% health that is pretty much a "You die now" button for anyone.

There is absolutely no comparison to the burst damage and power.

Rogues win by controlling the fight usually. I don't win because I rolled my head across the keyboard like a mage. I win because I time my abilities and try to control the fight. When I can't do that, I lose.

Not to mention how awesome the mage PvP tree is compared to rogue. I don't get to detaunt people and reduce their damage 50% every minute, or become immune to CC, and so on.

Or the fact that the rogue has to maintain melee range this entire time in the face of an abundance of CC and no immunity as they were in stealth until they opened up, unlike classes getting immunity due to passive talents like snare on hit etc.

Pyro takes no skill at all.

PS: Have you ever not been able to hit someone because they jumped around? Yeah...
    Last edited by perlfreak; 05-30-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Pyro isn't fine. Their PVE damage is garbage, and they can't get a buff in PVE without making them do even more PVP damage. For their survivability to be so low (deep spec pyro), they should put out the most DPS of any mage soul. They are tied for 3rd or 4th place last I checked.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by Aevis View Post
    Yep, another one of these threads.

Just wondering how anyone can justify ever having a class that can one shot another class, under any circumstances (let alone fairly consistently get you to sub 25 in a single hit, regardless of gear).

Is there any listed changes for 1.3 that will give the other classes a reason to be played in pvp? Because as it stands now, even ****tily geared (read: blues, r1/r2 gear) pyros can burst down someone in r5/6 gear.

I'm going out of the country for a month or so fairly soon, and cancelling beforehand since I wont be able to play. I really hope there is a reason for me to resub when I get back.
    To be honest I just fought some pyro along with 2-3 other defiants attacking me in Port a game or so ago.. And I killed the pyro and got 2 of the others down to near dead as a Lock/Necro. After I res'd I thought, 'Pyros are ok now' so...

I was able to silence the pyro then stun them.. what's to complain about. The only 1shotting most likely happening to you by them is if them have Wings and are Big. In that case run, or do what I do and FF them and kill them as fast as possible. I mean damn, you can watch their cast bar usually moving very slowly.

Your QQ is with out a doubt misplaced and overboard. imo
    Last edited by Entangled; 05-30-2011 at 03:40 PM.

My Pyromancer is overpowered in pvp..

So is Marksman

So is Champion/VK/paragon spec

All the roles kinda have a spec that just rapes all other specs in PVP.

I'd say my Pyromancer would be ok in pvp, if it honestly wasn't for the Red Bauble....

I'd at least be forced to assist a warrior or another class with a heal debuff..

However once I grab the RB.. I just go on killing streaks that only really Marksman can do in comparison.

Throw in Heatwave and the Codex Trinket being on the same timer as RB popping, and it's honestly just scary.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    My Pyromancer is overpowered in pvp..

So is Marksman

So is Champion/VK/paragon spec

All the roles kinda have a spec that just rapes all other specs in PVP.

I'd say my Pyromancer would be ok in pvp, if it honestly wasn't for the Red Bauble....

I'd at least be forced to assist a warrior or another class with a heal debuff..

However once I grab the RB.. I just go on killing streaks that only really Marksman can do in comparison.

Throw in Heatwave and the Codex Trinket being on the same timer as RB popping, and it's honestly just scary.
    I would like to see the red ball either removed or reworked to a +20% damage increase, and then for pyro to get a major rework/buff in terms of DPS (not burst damage). The soul, and the game at large, needs it.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Quote Originally Posted by TheLeviathan View Post
    I would like to see the red ball either removed or reworked to a +20% damage increase, and then for pyro to get a major rework/buff in terms of DPS (not burst damage). The soul, and the game at large, needs it.
    As much as i'd like to see Pyromancer get a PVE increase, I don't see any way to possibly do it without making my pyro insane..

The only way I could see ya do it, is by adding something like 15% or 20% increase to Fire damage high up in another line like Archon, so we'd be forced to go up it to remove some of our burst.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

+ Reply to Thread