+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion. You guys know the Vindicator tree needs work, right?

Shadowlander

Default Trion. You guys know the Vindicator tree needs work, right?

This is a straight forward post. All I ask for is a /nod.

I don't even expect you to elaborate as to what changes are planned. Just please let me know that you're aware of its weaknesses and are working on it.

Heyday, P6 Warrior

Rift Master

Or at least allow us to remove it from our class and get out 2500 favor back. That's like 10% of my next gear piece.

Soulwalker

I bought the soul at level 35 to find out I basically can't use the soul till after 50. Trion should have a disclaimer or at least let you know you need prestige to use points.

Guard and Subdue are amazing abilities... that is all.
    Glory - Guardian Warrior / Cleric

Champion

Its full of great abilities - my favorite would be stand off - a non breakable root for both, you and your target. if your target happens to have DR it will fail to root him but place you in the funny unbreakable root (the one which cannot be blocked). Since this ability is so awesome I think it should have an increased CD - 5 or even 10 minutes. heck, it's so awesome, why not make it requiring a planar charge and add a 1hour cd? Or let it cost some favor!

Unstoppable force is another if my favorites - with only rank 6 and 21 spent points you get another breakfree! sure, it's on a 5 min cd, not in the advanced-breakfree-tree and it only affects teh movement-group - but it adds a useful 10 second immunity! Again, increase cd and maybe break the whole movement group down... snares AND root? way too powerful for a 5 min CD pr6 ability, right?

Why would you start me on the vindicator soul? even without the branch-requirements I would have a hard time to spend 21 points and not cry...

I would rather have the mage pvp-soul now... yes, most of teh skilsl are useless due to the lack of casting/mana/charge... still beats vindicator for me

Vindi... what?

Oh, I remember, the soul I kept at 0 points between levels 15 and 30 for the CC-breaker.

And the one with the PvP tanking abilities which make you useful to the team, and if you're correctly specced as a full PvP support tank you should never die. Except from boredom, that is.

Very good stuff! Capital! Splendid!

Carry on, Trion.
    Last edited by Milen; 06-03-2011 at 01:55 AM.
    retired

It's unlikely even post rework it would jump higher than the 4th best PvP soul Warriors have. What with Paragon being mandatory.

Vindi's problem is as much that the non PvP souls have CC breaks and PvP centric utility (CC, Heal debuff, movement abilities etc) which should have been in Vindicator.
    Maybe he just wanted to steal our wire cutters. You ever think of that?

The defensive/support skills need to be consolidated to the right side, then redesign the left to favor offense.

It's straight up goofy that the entire tree is defensive/support, when you damn well know that only the smallest of minorities like to play that role in PvP (and most of them are clerics, not warriors).

I imagine most people roll warriors to wreck things. Adjust the PvP soul accordingly.

As for concerns about performance, warrior damage with an offensive PvP soul would likely not be higher than when using SLI anyway, so it'd really just be a matter of increased burst and utility.

...but just in case move SLI deeper into Paragon. <_<
    This is why we can't have nice things.

Quote Originally Posted by Corian View Post
    ...but just in case move SLI deeper into Paragon. <_<
    The ONLY way to fix warrior DPS is to get rid of SLI. So long as it exists in any form, warriors are going to be gimped without it, or overpowered with it. Drop it entirely and we have a chance to be competitive with the right tweaks across all souls. A blanket 30% damage buff to all abilities would be a good starting point.
    An Experiment In Design - Deioth's Warrior Soul Revamps - More In The Works
    Beastmaster - Paragon - Warlord Coming Soon

Please Click, Read, And Respond! Thank you!

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraz View Post
    Guard and Subdue are amazing abilities... that is all.
    Left part of the tree is ok, indeed.

Right part, supposedly for DPS Warriors, is complete crap. Noone in his right mind should be using it.
    EU - Whitefall - Rhamza
    EU - Bloodiron - Ramza

Shadowlander

Before I waste my time, Blocking without a shield?

To me this sounds awesome. So awesome. So Totally Awesome.

But I bet its not.

And since I skipped PVP and am at lvl 50 with maybe half of my bar filled for rank 1 pvp soul? and I need rank 5?

This is a joke right? How much pvp am I gonna have to do?

Someone save me the time and tell me if its worth it?

Xsi

While your at it, take a look at rogue's Infiltrator PvP tree and make it comparable to Mage's Archmage tree. Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Xsi; 06-03-2011 at 12:33 PM.
    Vow - <The Granite Guard> Dayblind (Guardian)
    Vow - Sunrest (Guardian)
    Master Outfitter, Master Butcher, and Master Fo-rager

+ Reply to Thread