+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats it like to win Whitefall Steppes?

Soulwalker

Default Whats it like to win Whitefall Steppes?

The fact I have never won this as a Guardian since reaching lvl 50, if I have its so long agho I cant remember the feeling so defiants please share the joy hehe

Rift Disciple

Fireworks go off; an anthem plays in quadrophonic sound with a 100-piece orchestra; a marching band crosses the field; comical commercials roll across your screen; and fans cheer you! Then you go to Disneyland...

Oh, wait... nvm... that's the Superbowl...

Champion of Telara

Pretty much exactly like losing, except you get a few extra favor/prestige points.

I win, I exit, I queue up again.

Soulwalker

I had always heard your entire life flashes in front of your eyes the second before you win. First of all, that one second isn't a second at all, it stretches on forever, like an ocean of time... For me, it was lying on my back at Meridian, watching the scoreboard...I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me, having to die a couple of times... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in Rift. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of that stupid little warfront... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday.
    Last edited by Shacs; 05-30-2011 at 02:28 PM.

No one wins if they have to play Whitefall Steppes. Not even the winners.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Krazer View Post
    No one wins if they have to play Whitefall Steppes. Not even the winners.
    I was just going to say...it feels kind of like losing only with more favor and if it was your daily, you get to turn it in.

I don't dislike WS. I just dislike how hard it is to get people to play the map in a way that works. I don't care if they play it my way or not. I really don't. Just...if you're going to ignore what I'm suggesting, do something else that works. Because if you're ignoring what I'm suggesting and we lose because what you were doing didn't work, imma be sad.

And after enough frustrating losses, a win is just...a mild relief.

+ Reply to Thread