+ Reply to Thread

Thread: please fix black garden

Soulwalker

Default please fix black garden

the only problem I have with this game is Black Garden... I refuse to play this map anymore. It takes no skill to win simply because of the size. all you need is a good warden, bard, chloro... because of the size of the WF no matter how bad your dps is healers have it so easy to keep everyone up.

then you have the dps side... the team with the most mages and tankspec warriors wins simply because mages can start blowing up anyone from a considerable distance

AOE dmg... im sorry but no aoe should tick as hard as it does. I know a rank6 mage not going to say his name... but I have watched him run in 1v8 and he used his aoe and wiped the entire team by himself

this wf is a joke... its not any of the classes in particular because each class can be countered its just the size. the match goes like this everyone runs to middle spams aoes, 1 side wipes other side gets fang... continually spam warden hots/instant heals on fang carrier the score is now 200-0 rinse repeat, fang drops aoe, fang is reset scramble to middle aoe some more, 1 side wipes other side gets fang! BORING
    Last edited by acaccia; 05-30-2011 at 11:48 AM.

You keep talking about AoE. The point of the map is to kill one person / keep one person up. AoE can make the fang hard to big up but a damage shield usually counters damage that's not FF.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    You keep talking about AoE. The point of the map is to kill one person / keep one person up. AoE can make the fang hard to big up but a damage shield usually counters damage that's not FF.
    yes im talking about aoe dmg and heals, due to the fact that the map is so small... the side with the most aoes dmg or heals will win every single time... if you have 3-4 aoe healers no one on the team is going to die including the fang carrier
    Last edited by acaccia; 05-30-2011 at 12:32 PM.

Banned

Pve - Do not stand in the big red circle, under a cloud with lightening, or in a green gaseous cloud.

Works for pvp too.

Plane Walker

I like BG ... simple, straight forward, quick, fun.

Quote Originally Posted by acaccia View Post
    I refuse to play this map anymore.
    No one cares.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Notnice View Post
    Pve - Do not stand in the big red circle, under a cloud with lightening, or in a green gaseous cloud.

Works for pvp too.
    what about the instant aoes? like soul purge or what ever and every aoe that stormcaller has.... there is more than 1 kind of aoe than the fail dont stand in the fire it doesnt give u hp buff aoes lol

Banned

what about the instant aoes? like soul purge or what ever and every aoe that stormcaller has.... there is more than 1 kind of aoe than the fail dont stand in the fire it doesnt give u hp buff aoes lol
    1 aoe wont kill you, its when you stand in the same place and eat multiple aoes. How do I know? I play a cleric, and I use to try and sit in the pocket and heal thru. Guess what, I know run out as soon as possible.

Lets keep it simple.

Yu take damage, get out of the way.

Your response: But what if I was cc'd?

My response: You were outplayed. Happens to us all.

And I garauntee that most ppl who comlpain about this stayed in the aoe too long because they thought they could get the kill and then run out.

And, if you already know that as soon as the fang pops that the aoe will start, why are you running in?
    Last edited by Notnice; 05-30-2011 at 12:59 PM.

Ascendant

The best is when everyone on your team stays in one tight little cluster and runs up to the edge of the death creep and then just stands their while the enemy champion charges in and drops a Battlefield Intimidation on them. And then they complain about Battlefield Intimidation.

i run Warden/Sent/Pur BG is easy even when im the only healer.....

Edit: only time it's not so easy is good Premades who out gear my team.
    Last edited by TheBidnis; 05-30-2011 at 01:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Teehee, Soul Purge isn't an AE.. Now I see why you're having problems playing your Marksman.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Teehee, Soul Purge isn't an AE.. Now I see why you're having problems playing your Marksman.
    I think they were referiring to Soul Drain, which is an AoE (but isn't instant).

the only problem I have with this game is Black Garden... I refuse to play this map anymore. It takes no skill to win simply because of the size. all you need is a good warden, bard, chloro... because of the size of the WF no matter how bad your dps is healers have it so easy to keep everyone up.

then you have the dps side... the team with the most mages and tankspec warriors wins simply because mages can start blowing up anyone from a considerable distance

AOE dmg... im sorry but no aoe should tick as hard as it does. I know a rank6 mage not going to say his name... but I have watched him run in 1v8 and he used his aoe and wiped the entire team by himself

this wf is a joke... its not any of the classes in particular because each class can be countered its just the size. the match goes like this everyone runs to middle spams aoes, 1 side wipes other side gets fang... continually spam warden hots/instant heals on fang carrier the score is now 200-0 rinse repeat, fang drops aoe, fang is reset scramble to middle aoe some more, 1 side wipes other side gets fang! BORING
    Sounds like you play a rogue, likely assassin. I remember feeling this way before. Anyways, you are kind of right, black garden is an AoE spam, zerg-fest of frustration for classes who play with finesse. Don't worry about it, take it as it is, it's usually over pretty quick.

All the warfronts have their own unique flavor of fail.

Black Garden is the best warfront and it is absolutely fine.

Ascendant

Didn't read whole thread, but I guess OP = rogue?
    Well, you're making every other map a pain in the *** for everyone else.
    Especially codex.

I like black garden.
    BG and codex are the best 2 maps imho.

Port of Scion is a PVE map, and whitefall is a turtling map.

Edit :
    Soul purge is a channeled single target spell.
    If you're talking about soul drain, wow, really? That spell is one of the hardest spell in the game to use.

You have to spend 2 seconds in the middle of at least 4 players ( 7 meters ) to be effective.
    Super easy huh?

-They can kill you
    -They can move away
    -They can CC you

If they're not completely incompetent, you won't successfully cast a lot of soul drain.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 05-30-2011 at 08:00 PM.

+ Reply to Thread