+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP suggestions for change or modification. (compile list)

Rift Disciple

Default PVP suggestions for change or modification. (compile list)

Compiling a list of suggestions for the Devs to consider for potential modification, since they claim to enjoy feedback. Please add your own. No need to witch about anything added, as you are not the decision maker, but one or more others may feel the same way about any valid contributions.

Suggestion 1:
    Limit the amount of healing class whom can enter a BG. Trion can witness where multiple healing classes can literally overheal any and all damage given simply due to quantity of healers in a given location. It's simply overpowered. Black Garden for instance, since it's such a small area, is ripe for this type of abuse.

Suggestion 2:

Make a change to walk/run speed within BG's, according to armor class. The heavier the armor worn, the slower you move on foot. It seems logical since it follows the rules of physics, but more importantly because they've already incorporated a similar feature in weapon delay. Let's make it consistent.

Suggestion 3:
    BG's are notorious for for creating unequal numbers of opponents at the start. Some individuals leave, some don't show, whatever it may be, there are cases where there could be 4 vs 6, 5 vs 7, etc, etc. I recommend in these situations, the team with the disadvantage be granted an advantage bonus stat which helps even out contribution until the roster climbs to even. Anyone who has been in this position knows that hundreds of points can be accumulated, and sometimes matches decided, because you were one or two men down right out of the gate.

Perhaps more to come. I'd love to hear others contribute. Remember, I don't add my suggestion to listen to anyone respond with "QQ". I add to bring it to Trion's attention. If they feel it has merit, it may be incorporated. If they don't, then you have nothing to worry about.
    Last edited by Cored; 05-30-2011 at 10:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cored View Post
    Suggestion 1:
    Limit the amount of healing class whom can enter a BG. Trion can witness where multiple healing classes can literally overheal any and all damage given simply due to quantity of healers in a given location. It's simply overpowered. Black Garden for instance, since it's such a small area, is ripe for this type of abuse.
    Yet, 7 Stromcallers can do so much damage, you can't even hope to heal through it all.

<sigh> Limit all classes then?

The only time MORE healers is a factor really, is when you don't have any.

Suggestion 2:
    Make a change to walk/run speed within BG's, according to armor class. The heavier the armor worn, the slower you move on foot. It seems logical since it follows the rules of physics, but more importantly because they've already incorporated a similar feature in weapon delay. Let's make it consistent.
    This would only work if you made it insanely hard to kill a Tank, so that it benefitted them to stay put. This is rather, silly though because a fit Warrior, who runs daily is going to always outrun a scholar, who looks into books all day.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-30-2011 at 10:24 AM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Prophet of Telara

let me guess... OP plays rouge.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    let me guess... OP plays rouge.
    He's probably one of those rogues who never assists. In any Warfront if everyone assists that target dies, no matter what. I don't care how much healing either team has, they will not be able to prevent the assist team from killing anything.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Rift Disciple

I wouldn't speculate too much guys, it simply makes people look foolish. I don't need to whip out an e-peen to prove, or disprove any accomplishments, or there lack of. Not in a virtual world that is.

What's the saying?
    Condemnation without investigation is the highest form of ignorance
    Do me a favor, continue to keep bumping this post to keep it on top.
    Last edited by Cored; 05-30-2011 at 11:04 AM.

Suggestion 4:

We need a /spit command, or even better a /teabag animation.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

No, No, and I guess but I've never seen the problem.

FF > healers. If you mark them and call out 1, 2, 3. They drop like flies. Just switch targets if they cross heal too much. Not saying healers aren't valuable, but if being more than 1/3 healers is some advantage, there's some very bad teams in there somewhere.

Armor isn't that good. That's by design. All the warriors complain that it should be better or reduce magic damage. It doesn't, and this is why. Many, many attacks ignore armor and that's why it's balanced without being slow. Defense comes from being a tank class with a shield, not wearing plate.

wow, so much typing for 3 really horrible ideas.

The only suggestions I have for warfront pvp are:

1) Add more servers to the "queue" list
    2) Put a timer on all shards, so that teams can't horde them up and hide them just to farm favor/prestige
    3) give pre-mades their own queue OR only allow ranks 1-3 to queue together, and ranks 4-6 together, or something similar.
    Last edited by Telal; 05-30-2011 at 11:27 AM.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

I wouldn't speculate too much guys, it simply makes people look foolish. I don't need to whip out an e-peen to prove, or disprove any accomplishments, or there lack of. Not in a virtual world that is.

What's the saying?

Do me a favor, continue to keep bumping this post to keep it on top.
    At least you express that you're wrong, and can't provide a counter argument. Glad we got that out of the way.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Yet, 7 Stromcallers can do so much damage, you can't even hope to heal through it all.

<sigh> Limit all classes then?

The only time MORE healers is a factor really, is when you don't have any.

This would only work if you made it insanely hard to kill a Tank, so that it benefitted them to stay put. This is rather, silly though because a fit Warrior, who runs daily is going to always outrun a scholar, who looks into books all day.
    This ^...and stop trying to nerf warriors

Ascendant

first of all: the idea that a melee class should be the slowest of all sound just silly.
    on your specific reply: the idea of mages as wimps ultranerdy wich arent even able to lift a weapon "becouse they are scholars and scholars just study their books" is pretty stupid - most researchers I know are avid follower of some phisical discipline, often martial ones.
    and here we arent talking about the kind of scholars wich just do lab research or library study, we are talking about the kind wich wander around into dungeons to fight dragons, dunno what to compare them into the real world, maybe speleologists - do you really think that a guy wich day-in-day-out climb mountains in the farthest places in the world to go down the hardest to reach caves, even do scuba if said caves are underwater, and then have a wimpy constitution just because they are "scholars"?
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Compiling a list of suggestions for the Devs to consider for potential modification, since they claim to enjoy feedback. Please add your own. No need to witch about anything added, as you are not the decision maker, but one or more others may feel the same way about any valid contributions.

Suggestion 1:

Suggestion 2:

Suggestion 3:
    BG's are notorious for for creating unequal numbers of opponents at the start. Some individuals leave, some don't show, whatever it may be, there are cases where there could be 4 vs 6, 5 vs 7, etc, etc. I recommend in these situations, the team with the disadvantage be granted an advantage bonus stat which helps even out contribution until the roster climbs to even. Anyone who has been in this position knows that hundreds of points can be accumulated, and sometimes matches decided, because you were one or two men down right out of the gate.

Perhaps more to come. I'd love to hear others contribute. Remember, I don't add my suggestion to listen to anyone respond with "QQ". I add to bring it to Trion's attention. If they feel it has merit, it may be incorporated. If they don't, then you have nothing to worry about.
    None of these suggestions are viable whatsoever.

Plane Touched

He's probably one of those rogues who never assists. In any Warfront if everyone assists that target dies, no matter what. I don't care how much healing either team has, they will not be able to prevent the assist team from killing anything.
    I dunno. Myself (rank 3) and another level 50 were in Stillmoor today and a Cleric attacked us. Not only did we lose, but we have 4 guards whacking away at that guy.

I dont care if he was rank 6, he shouldnt be able to take on 2 level 50s and 4 guards. Clerics are OP no matter how you slice it. We only got the ***** down to 50% at best too
    Last edited by Neith; 05-30-2011 at 07:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    I dunno. Myself (rank 3) and another level 50 were in Stillmoor today and a Cleric attacked us. Not only did we lose, but we have 4 guards whacking away at that guy.

I dont care if he was rank 6, he shouldnt be able to take on 2 level 50s and 4 guards. Clerics are OP no matter how you slice it. We only got the ***** down to 50% at best too
    We would have killed him, and neither of us would have died. Being level 50 means noting if you don't know how to spec our class, or play it.

Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    first of all: the idea that a melee class should be the slowest of all sound just silly.
    on your specific reply: the idea of mages as wimps ultranerdy wich arent even able to lift a weapon "becouse they are scholars and scholars just study their books" is pretty stupid - most researchers I know are avid follower of some phisical discipline, often martial ones.
    and here we arent talking about the kind of scholars wich just do lab research or library study, we are talking about the kind wich wander around into dungeons to fight dragons, dunno what to compare them into the real world, maybe speleologists - do you really think that a guy wich day-in-day-out climb mountains in the farthest places in the world to go down the hardest to reach caves, even do scuba if said caves are underwater, and then have a wimpy constitution just because they are "scholars"?
    There is a far cry difference between researchers, who get down and dirty, with a Masters, and someone in astrophysics who is reknown for his expertise across multiple fields. The later studies 12+ hours a day, for pretty much their entire lives.
    Last edited by Visions; 05-30-2011 at 07:37 PM.

Topeka Photography

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast