+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Rift a Filler game unless drastic open world PvP changes are made.

Plane Touched

Default Rift a Filler game unless drastic open world PvP changes are made.

As the title suggests, most of the people in our guild are using rift as a filler game until SWTOR and GW2 comes out. The open world PvP mechanics are nonexistent and Ancient Wardstone mechanics are nonexistent in promoting open world PvP.

You cannot keep the remaining PvP player subscriptions unless significant changes are made to promote open world PvP. There is good PvP and bad PvP, and right now the PvP servers need a different rule set and mechanics.

There are hundreds of great suggestions on these forums and it's a shame to say that Rift *COULD HAVE* been a good overall game. Right now it's just a decent PvE game.

Telaran

Out of curiosity, generally asking, how people are SO GOOD at proclaiming to leave this game for SWoTR and GW2? What makes them thing these games will be %100 guaranteed good at world pvp?

Most importantly, I heard prestige is gained easier/faster with world pvp. Are those so called world pvp players trying to encourage world pvp -at all- by posting at forums, asking at channels for people to join?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kathera View Post
    Out of curiosity, generally asking, how people are SO GOOD at proclaiming to leave this game for SWoTR and GW2? What makes them thing these games will be %100 guaranteed good at world pvp?
    I've wondered this myself. SWoTR in particular I think is going to remarkably similar to Rift. I could be wrong of course, but everything I've seen and heard about it makes me think it will be very similar. Does it even have world PvP? I've heard about being able to queue for warfronts (or whatever they're called) from anywhere in the world.

GW2 it's hard to say. There's much more focus on PvP so I'm hopeful we'll see something a little better. Everything I've seen and heard about GW2 has certainly made me very interested, but anyone expecting these games to come and be the savour of PvP could find themselves disapointed.

Most of my guild isn't playing RIFT and waiting for GW2 / TERA. I'm pessimistic that they could make enough of these changes but I'd love to see it. Most people who played MMOs per-WoW hate instances and factions and are highly suspicious of any game which has them. Older games didnt need to have tons of "content" because they were structured in such a way that players created their own.

I was just ruminating about the lack of open world pvp content myself. Since my first MMO was Lineage 2, I to get used to the faction thing. And in some areas, there is ganking going on in the contested areas, but I rarely see any organized open world pvp, as I haven't happened upon anything that encourages it. Since Rift isn't really based on feudal principles, there aren't any castles or forts to battle for, and there is no premise for declaring wars -- since factions are automatically warred against each other. But I'd like to see something regularly in game that is set in the open world pvp arena and available for all levels to participate in. (If this is already in game, I haven't come upon it, as due to RL stuff, i've only been able to play sporadically)
    Last edited by Excelsia; 05-30-2011 at 12:01 PM.

Plane Touched

The one most of our guild is holding out for is GW2, it's simply the closest thing to the DAOC open world PvP system with 3 factions fighting in a large battlefield over keeps and objectives. This doesn't mean it's going to be 100% guaranteed good at world PvP, but it's actually something people have been asking for in a PvP MMO for a long time.

This youtube video may help explain what people are looking for in world PvP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKhrCDWfg

If Rift can somehow add PvP content similar to this system, It could be a long term game changer, but It may be to late now.

I'm pretty sure trion has a bunch of pvp content in the works. As far as the whole soul system is, if they add more pvp content, this game looks better then both of those games.

Most importantly, I heard prestige is gained easier/faster with world pvp. Are those so called world pvp players trying to encourage world pvp -at all- by posting at forums, asking at channels for people to join?
    agree...
    and they will go there and say the same thing: "Swtor or GW2 are filler game untill the release of X game".
    One thing is disgusting me is the amount of QQ in the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by ahmrill View Post
    The one most of our guild is holding out for is GW2, it's simply the closest thing to the DAOC open world PvP system with 3 factions fighting in a large battlefield over keeps and objectives. This doesn't mean it's going to be 100% guaranteed good at world PvP, but it's actually something people have been asking for in a PvP MMO for a long time.

This youtube video may help explain what people are looking for in world PvP: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4VKhrCDWfg

If Rift can somehow add PvP content similar to this system, It could be a long term game changer, but It may be to late now.
    If you want to leave Rift do it! But please don't post here cause we don't really care about you.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    Most of my guild isn't playing RIFT and waiting for GW2 / TERA.
    Feel bad for anyone waiting for Tera. I live in South Korea where it's been out for months already. Game had mass exodus. It's one of those "super fun for a month" games, then you wake up and realize there's zero content. All my Korean co-workers have gone back to WoW or Aion. (Most of them play WoW)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Belith View Post
    If you want to leave Rift do it! But please don't post here cause we don't really care about you.
    Care? Apparently neither does Trion care in communicating with it's subscribers or acknowledging overwhelming PvP feedback that started in the early Beta's. I'm just stating a fact, Rift is a decent PvE game, but they are losing a large majority of PvP based subscribers. Almost half of the servers are PvP rule set and the complete and utter silence regarding even a vague direction of Rift's open world PvP will result in lost subscriptions. From friends that have unsubbed due to PvP, people I've talked to and my own experiences I've simply stated my opinion on what I see happening.

Hence my original post, without some significant pvp changes, a large number of people will flock to SWTOR and GW2 when they are released.

If your reaction to someone's opinion that you don't agree with is "Go Away" "We don't care about you" perhaps you shouldn't be posting on DISCUSSION forums.

The whole concept of having PvP gear and items in an MMO and then not segregating players into different WF's is a huge flaw in this game.

Anyone who has just started this game or just made it to level 50 will never have a fun PvP experience, and thats what games are for.... FUN. Rolling into a WF at level 50 two months ago was bad enough vs the warrior and Pyro DPS, and that was with most people having similar/same gear. Rolling into a WF now vs P6 players, whether its a premade or not is just suicide for a fresh 50 regardless of your skill level.

I realy believe GW2 are onto a winner with gear being forfeigt once you enter a WF, it means skill and teamplay will win the day and not that some guy who is unemployed > someone with a job.
    http://www.siglaunch.com/sigs/any/2/2/3/7/7/4322377PXOFX.png Only the dead have seen the end of war

Soulwalker

Default there is no world pvp

I like alot of things about rift, but it is a filler for me. I was hoping for some world pvp comming from games like Lineage2 and warhammer, but what I see is world cooperation instead of bloodshed. I would love for enemies in rl to get along but in Rift I want bloodshed and all we have are wf's.
    Ideas: make it so only the side which kills the rift boss gets the rewards, would make both sides kill each other before attacking the rift...
    -add castles for seiging, do it like lineage2 did with walls that can be broken etc
    -make it so we can venture INTO the rifts and fight bosses and each other for good loot
    -balance the pvp with further changes....Healers at p6 are absolutely stupid in the game, I didnt come from wow so not sure if that is why everyone isnt making a fuss, but no toon should require 5-6 similar pvp ranked toons to kill. Healers are utterly broken and will be why the pvp fails even in wf's at p6.
    -look at warhammer rvr and do better, they already copied so much from warhammer, scion is like a warhammer city seige for anyone who has played.
    - make it so when I see a defiant I know there will be a fight instead of like it is now, ' you gathering here? kk want to help with some rift? your a healer kk i wont even try....
    seriously some toon asked a defiant if they wanted to help with a rift other day ...till i killed the defiant

Make the pvp servers have to pvp, I want to atk the defiant city and no one even laughed or said anything about it....someone needs to start forming raid groups and attacking the enemy city and see what happens, make this game something other than another pve instanced game that we are using to pass time till something good is released. It is doable, the art and graphics are well done, no cutise lil fking animal races, the enemy mobs are evil looking and the skill trees are awesome. Just fix the world pvp and im sure alot of us would stay....by the way what is up with gw2? how will it be world pvp? I heard it is enter an instanced battle like in gw1, did i hear wrong cause that is not world pvp that is instanced bs which is what is wrong with rift atm.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Arcticred View Post
    The whole concept of having PvP gear and items in an MMO and then not segregating players into different WF's is a huge flaw in this game.

Anyone who has just started this game or just made it to level 50 will never have a fun PvP experience, and thats what games are for.... FUN. Rolling into a WF at level 50 two months ago was bad enough vs the warrior and Pyro DPS, and that was with most people having similar/same gear. Rolling into a WF now vs P6 players, whether its a premade or not is just suicide for a fresh 50 regardless of your skill level.

I realy believe GW2 are onto a winner with gear being forfeigt once you enter a WF, it means skill and teamplay will win the day and not that some guy who is unemployed > someone with a job.
    Thing is though, with the amount of servers grouped for warfronts and the amount of people in different categories relating to PvP gear 1-6. You cannot have specified groups, like warfronts for 50 rank 1, then rank 2 and what not.

Same with premades and pugs.

Only way Trion can fix this is by merging all servers, yes, all servers together for warfronts. If they don't do this then they cannot do any of the stuff people request.

You'd think they would of merged all servers together for warfronts by now, considering the amount of talk relating to the above and mainly queue times.

But that's just warfronts. They need more open world PvP things where PvE servers have rifts and instances, PvP servers have wardstones and other challenges against factions, etc..

This is where Trion need to step up to the plate which I can understand they might be working on as we speak. We just need to wait and see.

By all means though, people who want to leave because things are not done now, I say to you, good luck with future games because I highly doubt they will be any different. Rift went live with lack of problems from the get go and has been sensational.

The MMO's coming up have a slight advantage before going live after seeing what Rift can do, will they succeed better then Rift, I dunno, but don't hold your breaths thinking it will be "better".

Shield of Telara

Well, both of those games will have open rvr zones from the start making them 100% better from the get go for pvp imo...
    And to be frank it is not hard to be better then rift in pvp atm because sadly rift has pretty much nothing to offer (4 very very basic and boring battlegrounds is a bad joke).

Both games could be terrible mechanic wise or completely unbalanced but rift too is not exactly stellar with its balancing and the mechanics are as basic as it gets, no dual targeting, nearly no positional styles, no style chains, no vulnerability system (see vanguard) etc.

The one and only thing where rift has put the bar quite high is the engine bug free release which was awesome, I only said engine bug free because there where a ton of mechanic bugs (armor pen bug etc) and I think the warrior bug list is atm growing instead of getting smaller with each patch ^^

Yes for me rift is a filler game until those two games are released and Iīm pretty certain that one of them will be worth my time
    Last edited by Balduran; 05-31-2011 at 05:27 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast