+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: All favor should count towards prestige regardless of level.

Default All favor should count towards prestige regardless of level.

Each level bracket should have a certain prestige level attainable, ala DAOC. It doesn't make sense to me that you can get favor, but it doesn't count towards prestige until level 50. I enjoy the warfronts, so I do them at all levels, but I see and hear so many comment that it isn't worth doing the warfronts until level 50 because that is when prestige is gained.

For instance:
    Levels:
    10-19 - Prestige Rank 1.5
    20-29 - Prestige Rank 2
    30-39 - Prestige Rank 2.5
    40-49 - Prestige Rank 3

Telaran

Instead of Prestige before 50 you get XP. They are basically XP just different names.
    ~Gas is expensive, Rift is cheap.~

Plane Walker

Favor is not Prestige, nor is it related to it in any way, shape, or form. They are two entirely separate things you gain during PvP for killing opponents.

Prestige is an advancement path that becomes available at 50. This is perfectly fine as is.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Banned

Reread what Ravinglunatic said as my post. It's the truth.

If they let you earn prestige before 50, then the next thing people will try for is to be able to turn xp off so they can grind that lvl 19 WF until all their prestige is done.

NO

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    If they let you earn prestige before 50, then the next thing people will try for is to be able to turn xp off so they can grind that lvl 19 WF until all their prestige is done.

NO
    Alot better than "Lambs to the slaughter".

I didn't know you guys want to kill that new level 50 endless times just because you were the first on the hill (and didn't have to go through what new level 50's will encounter).

Way to encourage new players to participate in PvP. It ends in either endless (and slow) grinding vs premades or to not PvP (much) at 50 and get bored in PvE as the content is rather limited. This will lead to playernumbers dropping and this game might die, before it even started.

And who actually wins something out of this ?

Old level 50s do not frighten me as a new level 50. They run their routes while I observe. I find weak ones and take friends to bring them down until they are more concerned with revenge than winning. Then I disappear and finish the match.

While I agree this would be an option to the split prestige ranks argument, I would be concerned about 50s that just decided to give PvP a try. There would be even more imbalance as there would be even more people with better gear. The "slaughter" would get worse instead of better for those people who leveled other than in WFs.

If the goals are to make bring more people to PvP at 50 and make them something other than 1-2 shot pansies, then split Prestige ranked WFs remains the better option.

Im tired of hearing this crap.

I am a guy who hit level 50 after most of the other people. I have been struggling with rank 6 premades from rasmolov in every black garden, and other rank 6s in the other maps.

But guess what?

Im not a little *****, so I kept fighting, and fighting, and researching builds and tactics, and now im the rank 3 mage that can decently escape a rank 6 assasin sometimes. Or I can use pyro to burst down a rank 6 cleric and help my team.

So all the time you spend whining about "new 50s" is time you could be getting to prestige 2. If prestige is such an advantage, stop wasting time and go get some yourself. Before 20 more people hit 50 and pass you up while you whine on the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    (...)
    I won't do that. As I don't feel like grinding whatever content, I'll do some PvE (and the casual PvP in the PvE areas) till it gets boring.

About the time QQing .. I'm at work here and unable to use this time to play regardless. And the time I play I currently use my alt to do some below 50 pvp in the garden. No need to reach level 50 (and if I do at some point, I'll just make a new toon, just because it's alot more fun than that level 50 BS, where my rankless warriors are rather worthless and just get victimized to bits).
    Last edited by Bragor; 05-30-2011 at 07:27 AM.

So you want to play a mmorpg without having to invest time to get to a higher prestige

good luck with that. Keep leveling alts and complaining about how much 50 pvp sucks while we all rank up

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    So you want to play a mmorpg without having to invest time to get to a higher prestige

good luck with that. Keep leveling alts and complaining about how much 50 pvp sucks while we all rank up
    First off, regardless of level, you'd still have to do something to gain your prestige. You don't get it on a silver platter.

Secondly, when no one has better gear, the PvP would be a lot more challenging (because you'd need skill rather than equipment).

Thirdly, I suck enough at PvP, I don't need people in godlike gear frustrating me when I can have fun. Your rank means nothing to me.

I'm probably not like you, if I want to have fun in a game I pay for rather than doing chores for something I think I need. I hate the whole itimization .. farm T1 for T2 readyness .. farm T2 for T3 .. farm T3 for T4 .. rinse and repeat for as long as the game exists, constantly asking for more content. Same for PvP with the ranks (can't take too long till those R6 asking for something to spend their favor for .. R7 - R10 ?). A few may have fun just doing that, the most just want to either show off what they reached or have fun forcing everyones face into the dirt.

I love GW for not being that way, too bad, I'm all through it and nothing left to reach.

I like RIFT mainly for the rifts and invasions (and the public grouping), the only things really unique (at least I haven't seen something like that in the games I played).

Trion isnt going to come out and make major updates for the minority

No clue if it's the minority thinking that way, but I guess you are right, considering the amount of people playing that certain other game *shrug*

You stay here while I (sooner or later most likely) look for pastures greener.

Pastures are always greener when you can't reach them.

They become "a bit less greener" once you put your feet on them.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast