+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Best Healer, Lowest Favor

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default Best Healer, Lowest Favor

    In almost every warfront im in ( level 19 cleric ) i've noticed my favor is extremly low compared to other players. For example: I had 52k healing done and the next best healer had 25k healing. We won the WF and i received 180 favor ( lowest on team ). Others were receiving favor in the 300's. If i'm the best healer shouldn't i be receiving one of the most amounts of favor for doing my job and role so well? Why are healers always under-rewarded in pvp. BALANCE THE FAVOR GAIN.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsone View Post
    In almost every warfront im in ( level 19 cleric ) i've noticed my favor is extremly low compared to other players. For example: I had 52k healing done and the next best healer had 25k healing. We won the WF and i received 180 favor ( lowest on team ). Others were receiving favor in the 300's. If i'm the best healer shouldn't i be receiving one of the most amounts of favor for doing my job and role so well? Why are healers always under-rewarded in pvp. BALANCE THE FAVOR GAIN.
    That's because at level 19, you get less favor/kill than the lower level people in the warfront. You get way more favor as a level 10 killing a level 19 than you do as a level 19 killing a level 10. What role you play makes absolutely no difference.

  3. #3
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    That's because at level 19, you get less favor/kill than the lower level people in the warfront. You get way more favor as a level 10 killing a level 19 than you do as a level 19 killing a level 10. What role you play makes absolutely no difference.
    I've noticed being level 19 that the majority of people in my warfronts are around my level. This isn't the problem but thanks.

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,223

    Default

    It is the problem. Watch when you hit level 20, you'll be way at the top.

    Posted about it months ago when I was leveling. Didn't make sense to me at all since those people get buffed up.

    Basically in terms of levelign and such, the PvP's are more profitable at the lower ends than they are at the high end.

    Not an issue at 50.

  5. #5
    RIFT Guide Writer Flaymar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    804

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsone View Post
    I've noticed being level 19 that the majority of people in my warfronts are around my level. This isn't the problem but thanks.
    Post up some screenshots so we can see in more detail what your indicating as i have not seen this happen to myself.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsone View Post
    I've noticed being level 19 that the majority of people in my warfronts are around my level. This isn't the problem but thanks.
    They're at your level or below your level when you're level 19. If they're level 18, they're going to get more favor than you. That's just how it works.

    Favor in Black Garden is awarded from kills. If you are a healer, you still get favor from every enemy player that is killed on the map. That favor is adjusted based on your level relative to the level of the enemy player that was killed. That's literally all there is to it.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    This isn't just clerics. It is everyone. I complained about it also the other day. I even posted SS to show how I was a serious contributor to the match with the lowest favor.

    I can agree that higher level players should earn slightly less favor since the challenge isn't as big as those in the 20s, but it seems like too big of a difference to me.

    I'm not really upset about it, but I do think it should be adjusted slightly so it isn't such a bad indicator of performance. It makes me try harder and harder. I have noticed when I play better and better the difference grows and grows between my favor and the lower people in my group.

    No, I'm not one of the players that waits to be high level to play the WF. I just didn't notice it until I was higher level. When I was lower level I was confused on why I was earning so much more than others who obviously contributed much more to the battle.

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GeekCrux View Post
    This isn't just clerics. It is everyone. I complained about it also the other day. I even posted SS to show how I was a serious contributor to the match with the lowest favor.

    I can agree that higher level players should earn slightly less favor since the challenge isn't as big as those in the 20s, but it seems like too big of a difference to me.

    I'm not really upset about it, but I do think it should be adjusted slightly so it isn't such a bad indicator of performance. It makes me try harder and harder. I have noticed when I play better and better the difference grows and grows between my favor and the lower people in my group.

    No, I'm not one of the players that waits to be high level to play the WF. I just didn't notice it until I was higher level. When I was lower level I was confused on why I was earning so much more than others who obviously contributed much more to the battle.
    Even with the Ascended Courage buff, life as a lowbie in warfronts can be a bit rough at times. When you think about it, the amount of favor you'll earn running warfronts all the way from level 10 to level 19 works out to about the same amount of favor as 2-3 strong wins in Port Scion at 50. It's not going to make or break you. And as soon as you roll over to level 20 and enter the 20-29 bracket, you'll be back to raking in the favor while the level 29s get less. It all balances out in the end.

  9. #9
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    you need to heal the people killing players. If you heal someone who is a bad you won't get good favor.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    you need to heal the people killing players. If you heal someone who is a bad you won't get good favor.
    That has nothing to do with it. If an enemy player dies, everyone in the warfront gets favor.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara baph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    761

    Default

    Everyone gets favor for every kill in the warfront as long as you are in there for the full game. As stated before, you will get less favor than the others on your team because they get more honor from the kills because they are lower level than you. Always been like this. Wait until you hit 20 and see for yourself.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Zarach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    43

    Default

    This makes no sense at all. Even at lvl 50 I get less favor than the rest of the team. Often being top healer, but still get less reward. You cant say it's not an issue at 50, because it is.

    I've tried to heal from far away, or aoe heal in the middle of a big fight, it doesn't matter.

  13. #13
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    It used to be bad for healing Cleircs. It's fixed now. Basically if you never tagged opponents and weren't in range when they died you didnt get credit.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zarach View Post
    This makes no sense at all. Even at lvl 50 I get less favor than the rest of the team. Often being top healer, but still get less reward. You cant say it's not an issue at 50, because it is.

    I've tried to heal from far away, or aoe heal in the middle of a big fight, it doesn't matter.
    Guild perks also factor into it.

  15. #15
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    38

    Default

    I've noticed this the entire life of my character and it still holds true at 50. Both my cleric and bard have consistently gotten mid-range to dead-last rewards while coming out on top of the healing charts. This is by no means a cry for buffing my rewards to crazy levels. I'd simply like to be rewarded more than half what my teammates are getting for the same amount of work.

    Some of the suggestions in here are just ridiculous - "you need to heal the people killing players. If you heal someone who is a bad you won't get good favor." Nice, so how does a character with aoe heals specify which characters are bad and not to be healed?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts