+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warfront..ie. Black garden

Soulwalker

Default Warfront..ie. Black garden

So I was wondering today as I was doing a Black garden.." Am I doing something wrong or what?.. As I am marching down the field time and time again going after the person that has that fang and trying to kill them and not seeing any of my team around me to help out..out of the blue some one says in raid chat.." Where are all the good players today?"..." I am the biggest dps in here.." Now my replay was not so friendly so I will not post it here but to sum it up I said F his dps that is not what is going to win the game.. Now the way I understood it is that to win the game it is who ever can control the fang and get to 500 first not who has the highest dps...am I wrong can someone help me out here cuz I really think these kids have a WoW mentality and just need to go back there if they think dps is every thing.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
    So I was wondering today as I was doing a Black garden.." Am I doing something wrong or what?.. As I am marching down the field time and time again going after the person that has that fang and trying to kill them and not seeing any of my team around me to help out..out of the blue some one says in raid chat.." Where are all the good players today?"..." I am the biggest dps in here.." Now my replay was not so friendly so I will not post it here but to sum it up I said F his dps that is not what is going to win the game.. Now the way I understood it is that to win the game it is who ever can control the fang and get to 500 first not who has the highest dps...am I wrong can someone help me out here cuz I really think these kids have a WoW mentality and just need to go back there if they think dps is every thing.
    if you have higher dps u have more chance of taken down the fang carrier quicker .... also neevr run into a pack of hungry enemies alone without backup .. it never ends good ... i do agree tho for the weaker faction in every battlegroup .. people just arent trying as hard as they used to ... example..

im playing assassin in codex deffending vault as we where losing and needed to keep it for any chance of winning ... when someone shouts out on my team " why are you at vault go codex" .. i answered him saying im deffending to keep our chance of winning alive ... to which he replys "your dps sucks" ..

now to anyone with the slightest bit of knowledge to the assassin class would realise a well played assassin picks his target deals as much dmg as is needed to kill his primary target then disappears.. so to that guy who claimed my dps sucks ... i dare him to come duel me 1v1 then we see whos left standing.
    Last edited by furyior; 05-29-2011 at 07:03 PM.

Even in the not-to-be-named-mmo you will find players 'missing' the objective of the BG ...

However, from time to time you will meet other players who understood the idea behind 'organized pvp' and then you play for a win, or you're just lucky and the opposite faction has even more 'highest dps' players than yours.

Get used to it. Make a macro that says "kill the dude with the thing" "@target has the thing" or whatever. It's sometimes hard to spot the giant pillar of red light or to click on the name that shows up on your objectives.

I'm sure people complain that I dont put up big numbers burning down carriers with waterjet and then bubbling to get the flag.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Viveka View Post
    First of all, dps in a warfront means jack. Some people will refer to damage done as dps, but it's not.

It's not a WoW mentality...it's an ignorant mentality that didn't start (and won't end) in any one particular MMO.

You're absolutely right...the person trying and failing to accomplish the objectives in a warfront is doing more for their team than the guy off on the wrong side of the map picking fights that don't contribute to the objective.

My rogue's damage done is quite low these days. Part of it is gear...that will come in time. Part of it is the fact that I have literally no AoE. And part of it is the fact that as an assassin, my job isn't to charge into the scrum and wail on people. My job is to pick my fights and try to find those situations where opening on a target is going to create the most strategic benefit. Regardless, when I go into a warfront my killing blows are on fang holders, sourcestone runners, healers and people attacking my teammates.

I was in Codex tonight assaulting nodes and then Incapacitating the people that came to defend them. Most of the time, I can get the node to flip before more people show up than I can defend against. Then I go away. I earned a few points for my team by flipping the node for a few seconds, and for the 30 seconds the node was contested the other team wasn't getting any points from it. Then they assaulted it and it's another 30 seconds that they're not getting any points from it. I didn't do a single point of damage but I accomplished more than the guys on my team that kept throwing themselves into the premade on the other team (consisting of two rank 6 clerics, among others).

The objectives matter. How much damage you do (or don't do) doesn't. And when it's a case like Black Garden where you're doing what you need to be doing and you're not successful because the rest of your team isn't backing you up, that's their failing, not yours.

+ Reply to Thread