+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 57

Thread: Can we please nerf mages already

  1. #1
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default Can we please nerf mages already

    How many stupid threads do we need to make on this topic.


    Pyro's hitting you for 4k?
    Pyro's following up for 1.2k x whatever


    Lets nerf them already.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    No.

    /tencharwhateverbs
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

  3. #3
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwartham View Post
    No.

    /tencharwhateverbs

    Yes, they actually need a big nerf.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    No.

    nononononono.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

  5. #5
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gwartham View Post
    No.

    nononononono.
    says the pryo.

    Sorry invalid opinion!

  6. #6
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    says the pryo.

    Sorry invalid opinion!
    Says the guy that gets owned by pyros.



    Sorry invalid opinion!

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    315

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    says the pryo.

    Sorry invalid opinion!
    I am Pyro/Inquisitor/MM/Champion.

    Get it right.
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    They're squishy with focus fire. They're not the beasts they were in 1.1 where they could be punched in the face by two-three people and still kill them all.

    I think they're balanced fine. They're squishy, and they have very high burst. You need that type of burst to kill Clerics.

    Think.

    If you nerf Pyros, there aren't many, if any, class/specs that can take down Clerics.

    Then you say to nerf Cleric healing?

    Well then gear disparity becomes exceedingly obvious. Coordinated, geared players will obliterate pugs even more than they do now because healing can't offset the lack of coordination.

    It's a never ending cycle of crap.

    So ultimately, no. Pyro balance is perfectly fine right now.

  9. #9
    Champion Auden's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    They're squishy with focus fire. They're not the beasts they were in 1.1 where they could be punched in the face by two-three people and still kill them all.

    I think they're balanced fine. They're squishy, and they have very high burst. You need that type of burst to kill Clerics.

    Think.

    If you nerf Pyros, there aren't many, if any, class/specs that can take down Clerics.

    Then you say to nerf Cleric healing?

    Well then gear disparity becomes exceedingly obvious. Coordinated, geared players will obliterate pugs even more than they do now because healing can't offset the lack of coordination.

    It's a never ending cycle of crap.

    So ultimately, no. Pyro balance is perfectly fine right now.
    Actually it is not. No class should be able to hit you for 4+k when health pools are on average 5k.

  10. #10
    Telaran Nerbeleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    64

    Default

    they already nerfed mages, the nerf is called eradicate.
    now mages are crying for someone to nerf MM , this is fun to watch.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Actually it is not. No class should be able to hit you for 4+k when health pools are on average 5k.
    Get valor. Those 4k's are rare and involve red buffs.

  12. #12
    Shadowlander Castigate's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    46

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Auden View Post
    Actually it is not. No class should be able to hit you for 4+k when health pools are on average 5k.
    That sounds okay to me, they're the 'glass cannon' they're supposed to be. Who would play a mage if you took away the cannon?

  13. #13
    Ascendant Puzzlebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,055

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Castigate View Post
    That sounds okay to me, they're the 'glass cannon' they're supposed to be. Who would play a mage if you took away the cannon?
    Exactly.

    In 1.1, they were adamantium cannons. It was absurd for them to be CC-immune, have that much burst, and that much damage reduction.

    Now, even if they are in Ground of Strength, they can be taken down easy. The CC immunity is a non-issue since they die so quickly.

    Hell, in 1.1, they didn't even have to worry about positioning. They could plop GoS right in front of the opponent's cluster and still live with a few spot heals, and wipe their team. Now I'm noticing alot of high PR mages picking their spots alot more defensively.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    they need to be adjusted so mages run more than one spec. every mage is pyro, no variation.

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    208

    Default

    i've collected over 20 screenshots of pyro's / stormcalled totally dominating warfronts ... i will add them all into a thread soon maybe trion will do something about it .... i mean seriously ..

    a mage getting 32 killing blows and 0 deaths is fair?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts