+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: W-T-F Defiants? Port Scion Changes

  1. #1
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    727

    Default W-T-F Defiants? Port Scion Changes

    So I've tried in vein for the past 2 days to win a match in Port Scion for the daily quest. I've been in at least 27 or 28 matches so far, and Defiants have lost every single one of them.

    The Guardians take down idols, take down mini bosses, then take out our boss. Meanwhile, the Defiants are hanging out on the bridge...

    The Defiants have 2 or 3 people who go to their side and take out the idols for the +200, but then let the mini boss come down and resummon the idol.

    If the Guardians didn't kill our boss, then the Defiants are all about stones stones stones, so we're running them, getting +10 for each stone now, while Guardians are getting +30 and no one wants to go take out their freshly summoned idols. They want to hang out on the bridge and hold it, and fight in the court yard.

    This map is just frustrating the bejeezus out of me, all I've seen is a whole lotta stupid in there. So I ask again, W-T-F Defiants?

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    So I've tried in vein for the past 2 days to win a match in Port Scion for the daily quest. I've been in at least 27 or 28 matches so far, and Defiants have lost every single one of them.

    The Guardians take down idols, take down mini bosses, then take out our boss. Meanwhile, the Defiants are hanging out on the bridge...

    The Defiants have 2 or 3 people who go to their side and take out the idols for the +200, but then let the mini boss come down and resummon the idol.

    If the Guardians didn't kill our boss, then the Defiants are all about stones stones stones, so we're running them, getting +10 for each stone now, while Guardians are getting +30 and no one wants to go take out their freshly summoned idols. They want to hang out on the bridge and hold it, and fight in the court yard.

    This map is just frustrating the bejeezus out of me, all I've seen is a whole lotta stupid in there. So I ask again, W-T-F Defiants?
    If it makes you feel any better, the Guardian groups I've been with have been doing the same thing. I was in a match earlier today where the Defiants had over 700 points and we had 148. I destroyed the Planar Capacitor pretty much by myself. (I knocked off a little over 80% of its HP before the Defiants caught on and I had to duck away. By the time I was ready to start in on it again, a Guardian MM came by and helped me with the last 10-20k HP).

    So ya, little ol' me. One player of 20. Accounted for 40% of the total points we earned in the match. And I had run a match earlier where my team just threw themselves at the bridge again and again until I pointed out that they were wasting their time. In typical fashion, one guy gets all butthurt and defensive. Towards the end of the match when it was already hopeless and more people were like, "meh...try it the other way...we have nothing to lose" we downed two idols and they saw how much more slowly the Defiants were accumulating points.

    But it didn't stick. Next match, lots of the same faces. Back to throwing themselves at the bridge all match.

    Good times. No really...1500 prestige instead of 4k for the same time invested. But I'm okay with that, right?

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    But it didn't stick. Next match, lots of the same faces. Back to throwing themselves at the bridge all match.

    Good times. No really...1500 prestige instead of 4k for the same time invested. But I'm okay with that, right?
    Exactly! What is wrong with people in there? They find a tactic that works, start a new match, and it's like the completely forgot what they just did in the previous match!

    I finally went up against a bad guardian group, they didn't even go after our idols this time, and we were able to do it the old fashioned way and just run stones. So in the end, it took almost 30 attempts at that map before finally winning one.

    /wf chat is useless when trying to give advice on that map, like you said, someone always gets butthurt and gets everyone to mindlessly throw themselves at the bridge.

  4. #4
    Rift Master GriffonHawke's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    695

    Default

    Yea lmao. Now that it requires strategy people cant handle it. I havent lost to the defiants since the patch came out.

  5. #5
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    Yea lmao. Now that it requires strategy people cant handle it. I havent lost to the defiants since the patch came out.
    Requires strategy? Hrmmm, you mean since it became a scripted PvE instance where your side read the forums and the other side did not... you have not lost... could see that.

  6. #6
    Banned Destructiveurges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    105

    Default

    not sure what shard cluster you are on but on the briacliff one we used to nearly lose every single PS since patch ive done quite a fair few and havnt lost one.
    it sort of seems that the sides that were winning ps consitantly are the ones struggling to change their style and adapt to the new gameplay/

    Also a note that since patch in not one of the PS ive done has our team taken their pve boss is no need is more fun to farm favor average game now yeilds 2.5-3.5k favor per game if its a true farm
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-29-2011 at 05:54 PM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Ive won against guardians prolly 75% more since they don't get free bridge anymore..should have been fixed weeks ago Id be p6 by now.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Scion changes are ******ed if I wanted to kill bosses I would do ezmode dungeons. I thought these WF were supposed to be about PVP.

    Trion why do you despise PVP so much?

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wargawd View Post
    Scion changes are ******ed if I wanted to kill bosses I would do ezmode dungeons. I thought these WF were supposed to be about PVP.

    Trion why do you despise PVP so much?
    There is plenty of PvP in Port Scion, having objectives doesnt really deter from that. What do you want for a warfront...4 walls and 2 teams?

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Ive won against guardians prolly 75% more since they don't get free bridge anymore..should have been fixed weeks ago Id be p6 by now.
    The only other change that could have solved that problem would be to give Defiants a map overlay that shows them how to arrive at the bridge at the same time as the Guardians.

    Smart Defiants arrive at the bridge at the same time as the Guardians. Defiants who can't seem to convince themselves to turn off before they're directly south of the bridge complain that the route is longer.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    uhhuh...you keep telling yourself that..wonder why its changed then?..hehe
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    uhhuh...you keep telling yourself that..wonder why its changed then?..hehe
    This was discussed and resolved here long ago. Defiants arrive at the bridge after Guardians because they take the wrong route. I've seen Defiants arrive at the bridge at the same time as Guardians when they take the right route. I've also arrived at the bridge to see a swarm of Defiants approaching from the south arch after us...because they took the wrong route. The Guardian route is more straight, but it's not shorter.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    727

    Default

    Really you don't even need bridge anymore, unless you want to take out the church boss.

    I've seen the guardians let the defiants all race to the bridge, then they cut straight across and take out the first idol, then 2nd idol, then boss. Ends the game in like 5 minutes. Meanwhile the defiants are still in the courtyard killing endless and messing with the church boss.

  14. #14
    Plane Touched Whytblaze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    People that are complaining about the change cannot seem to grasp that yes this just became more complex and you have to use strategy.

    Before this, the team with the better pvp geared, or with the most healers won 9/10 times. Now omg what happend?! yeah the weaker ones, or rather the groups that pay attention now have a chance to win.

    This is no longer a sit at the bridge and wait for someone else to run shards for you map. You have to have people moving constantly to stop the other team from killing your idols, or you in turn are killing theirs


    This whole "you just made it pve" bullcrap is just that. People that think that cannot fathom that now it requires more than a simple, "get bridge, get stones" mentality

    Good work Trion

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    we were in a pvp match last night and beat the guardians silly..they realized early on toe to toe they were outmatched so..they sent a group of four to each idol while three of their best kept our attention on church..before we knew it our stone runs were worth nothing. and all we had done was defend church and bridge.

    We realized they were headed for our boss but once they called in their team and stormed church..all it took was a series of two runs from the church and thy had beaten us.

    We still earned 700 more favor than them on average though .
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts