+ Reply to Thread

Thread: I actually like the pvp balance at the moment.

Default I actually like the pvp balance at the moment.

As a rank 5 warrior I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the pvp balance atm. The recent fixes to subdue made damage in warfronts *much* more manageable I can't remember the last time I got one or even two shotted in a warfront. And that's only with 23% dmg reduce from valor. My cleric friend who is wearing full r1 and r2 gear is sporting 19% dmg reduce with the 50 valor rune, something that is easily attainable within a week for anyone serious about pvp.

The only changes I would like to see are class buffs being undispellable and diminishing returns being brought back in line (no dr for snares, short roots from charges not affecting / being affected by dr, each kind of cc getting its own dr), but other than those two I'm very happy with the current pvp balance.

Now if they added some kind of open pvp I could be very happy in Rift for quite a while.

Soulwalker

what kind of drugs are you on???

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by lasseliten View Post
    what kind of drugs are you on???
    Your first post is breathtaking. I see only good things in your future.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by abr4 View Post
    As a rank 5 warrior I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying the pvp balance atm. The recent fixes to subdue made damage in warfronts *much* more manageable I can't remember the last time I got one or even two shotted in a warfront. And that's only with 23% dmg reduce from valor. My cleric friend who is wearing full r1 and r2 gear is sporting 19% dmg reduce with the 50 valor rune, something that is easily attainable within a week for anyone serious about pvp.

The only changes I would like to see are class buffs being undispellable and diminishing returns being brought back in line (no dr for snares, short roots from charges not affecting / being affected by dr, each kind of cc getting its own dr), but other than those two I'm very happy with the current pvp balance.

Now if they added some kind of open pvp I could be very happy in Rift for quite a while.
    A warrior wanting no DR on snares.

!!!!SHOCKING!!!!
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

Soulwalker

Being kited by casters/ranged is becoming increasingly annoying...

I play a rogue and i'm sick of being kited because sure, snares have DR, but knock backs, speed boosts etc don't and sweet, we have an advantage vs them if we can snare them, but at least they can cast at melee range.. we can't do naff all vs a ranged if they're out of melee range..

I play a sin and i'd gladly remove all the stuns to be able to get a way to catch ranged up more effectively

Now if they added some kind of open pvp I could be very happy in Rift for quite a while
    hmmmmmmmmmm

that's only with 23% dmg reduce from valor. My cleric friend who is wearing full r1 and r2 gear is sporting 19% dmg reduce with the 50 valor rune, something that is easily attainable within a week for anyone serious about pvp.
    hmmmmmmmmm

I don't own a single r5 item yet, I'm even still wearing r1 items.
    Last edited by abr4; 05-29-2011 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GriffonHawke View Post
    hmmmmmmmmmm
    If you want gear parity, you picked the wrong genre.

I don't really give a **** about the balance, the pvp just sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Xvvt View Post
    I don't really give a **** about the balance, the pvp just sucks.
    I smell bad.

I just killed 2 people 5 levels over me 1v2 as an Inq.

Clerics op yeah...pretty horridly op, all i got to do is spam my dot to heal myself on multiple enemys and then go in while I get healed for over 400 a second from just myself...seriously?

I'm pulling like 7 mobs my lvl and owning them, my Rogue would die in just 2 adds..sure the burst is a "little" better but the lack of heals sucks as Rogue whereas, why not roll a Cleric and be god mode?

Everyone reroll Mage or Cleric.

All the R6 wars lawl, please go fight a R6 Inq and get owned in the face just like you do as a R1.

And quit fooling yourself, wars suck without being carried by heals / dispels.

Cleric melee do just as much dmg, and heal themself and IGNORE armor, and AoE with soul drain.. **** wars.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 05-29-2011 at 06:45 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Depee View Post
    Being kited by casters/ranged is becoming increasingly annoying...

I play a rogue and i'm sick of being kited because sure, snares have DR, but knock backs, speed boosts etc don't and sweet, we have an advantage vs them if we can snare them, but at least they can cast at melee range.. we can't do naff all vs a ranged if they're out of melee range..

I play a sin and i'd gladly remove all the stuns to be able to get a way to catch ranged up more effectively
    But but Rogues have stealth! Who cares about being knocked back and killed before you can actually do any/much damage to said knockerbacker... Those are the same people that want Rogues nerfed go figure.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I smell bad.

I just killed 2 people 5 levels over me 1v2 as an Inq.

Clerics op yeah...pretty horridly op, all i got to do is spam my dot to heal myself on multiple enemys and then go in while I get healed for over 400 a second from just myself...seriously?

I'm pulling like 7 mobs my lvl and owning them, my Rogue would die in just 2 adds..sure the burst is a "little" better but the lack of heals sucks as Rogue whereas, why not roll a Cleric and be god mode?

Everyone reroll Mage or Cleric.

All the R6 wars lawl, please go fight a R6 Inq and get owned in the face just like you do as a R1.

And quit fooling yourself, wars suck without being carried by heals / dispels.

Cleric melee do just as much dmg, and heal themself and IGNORE armor, and AoE with soul drain.. **** wars.
    Lol cleric melee. I'll take 3 shammies on me over 1 champion. Name a soul/spec that, when being healed, is more powerful than a champion being healed. I don't expect to see you post again.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Lol cleric melee. I'll take 3 shammies on me over 1 champion. Name a soul/spec that, when being healed, is more powerful than a champion being healed. I don't expect to see you post again.
    The problem there is that is largely due to SLI which IMO was a mistake to inlcude that low. It's not the entire champion spec that is giving him that advantage, it's a single low level Paragon ability. I'm sure if you gave shamans access to a SLI type ability they would suddenly threaten you alot more. It's really hard to be competitive against an already bursty soul given random access to a %50 damage buff that is easily obtained and preloaded that has nothing to do with that soul at all.

It also has something to do with the fact that healing is a bit much and there is no such thing as pressure damage atm in PVP. Steady damage does good just to cancel out the HOT's on someone. You can't make a healer use their mana with pressure damage like you can in other games because the mana reserves are alot greater here. Either you burst someone or they don't die.

Quote Originally Posted by Randell44 View Post
    The problem there is that is largely due to SLI which IMO was a mistake to inlcude that low. It's not the entire champion spec that is giving him that advantage, it's a single low level Paragon ability. I'm sure if you gave shamans access to a SLI type ability they would suddenly threaten you alot more. It's really hard to be competitive against an already bursty soul given random access to a %50 damage buff that is easily obtained and preloaded that has nothing to do with that soul at all.
    Warrior dps is balanced around SLI. Sad but true.

A dps warrior without SLI is meh at best. Only the +50% str VK buff can replate it but... why don't have both?

The best warriors I see have SLI + RS. You only need 8 points in VK and 2 in para for great damage, now grab RB or champ as main soul and you have a solid DPS build for PVP.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread