+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Penalty system for ganking lowbies?

Rift Disciple

Default Penalty system for ganking lowbies?

I have nothing against peeps ganking eachother but when it comes to lvl 50s repeatedly ganking lvl 10s and 20s and 30s to beyond soul sickness it becomes a bit sad me thinks.. and hard for the lowbies if not a little off putting...

I think like warhammer a penalty system needs to be put in as well as achievements... They have a chicken system if u try and attack someone who is too low to gank... also have achievements for killing a player as a chicken etc ..

It would be nice to see maybe valor or achievements given to lowbies who are able to kill higher players (and it could take a whilst considering rank difference)who have been penalized in such a way ... might be fun too for the higher ones to gain these achievements... Just an idea...

Sez

Different games, different rules. You can always role a PvE server.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Chaser

I agree there should be a penalty system for ganking lowbies.

If a 50 ganks a lvl 10, then the level 10 should get knocked back down to lvl 1, and maybe next time he wont wonder into a zone he shouldnt be in!
    Having a blue bar over your head in a WF is like watching 10 fat kids all bum rush the ice cream buffet at Ci Ci's.

Plane Touched

Lol no.

Lvl 10 gets ganked. Lvl 10 goes and levels to 50. Level 50 goes and ganks level 10.

It's a vicious cycle!

Btw

I gank lowbies and I like it.

Rift Disciple

just sad when lvl 50s have to run into lowbie starting type areas to do it ... some awesome pvpers out there...

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    But is there a PvE forum? Your level 1700 forum level keeps ganking me with its high level comments

Koe

There are achievements for killing in the lower zones.

If you're on a PvP server; Deal with it.
    Free music! It's legal!
    DISCLAIMER: Some songs may have been taken down.

Quote Originally Posted by oogy View Post
    just sad when lvl 50s have to run into lowbie starting type areas to do it ... some awesome pvpers out there...
    Yeah well go cry to Trion, if they put in some decent open PvP systems, high levels wouldn't wander into your lowbie zones and gank you so you get your mains or call your guilds so they can get some PvP.

Seriously, think about how many times PvP has kicked off because some "jerk" was out ganking lowbies? Hell I run around with my rogue and kill a few people in the wilderness with a guild tag I recognize and suddenly they have 2-3-10 friends showing up to kill me, do I moan and whine it isn't fair they have more people now! No. I'd say in guild, "hey guys the fun's startin".

Cheers.

exactly kill enough lowbies and the 50's will come out.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    I'm on a PvE server (Deepwood) and that doesn't stop people from ganking.

Two very different experiences with the other faction in the last two days. Two days ago a young Defiant saw me circling looking for the first of three quest objectives and started following. I thought, oh great, because he is level 50 and I'm not. But he totally surprised me and asked if I needed help. I said sure and he cleared a path for me to search and a few minutes later after finding the 3rd objective I thanked him and moved on. A young man of honor, a credit to his faction.

Last night I was in Stillmoor waiting for the Rifts to start when a bunch of level 50 Defiants showed up. I wasn't alarmed because that's happened before and they go off on Rift raids or whatever. Not last night. A level 50 zapped me cold with some death ray, then when I came back with auto-PvP enabled he/she lit me up again. I was able to respond this time and the guards ran him/her off so I didn't get killed.

Here's the question: Gamewise I'm on a PvE server how can someone unilaterally attack me? This is not the first time it's happened so I don't think it's a fluke. And another: Achievement-wise where is the challenge or honor in attacking a lower-level character who doesn't even have auto-PvP enabled? Does it make you feel important? You're on a PvE server. If you want to attack at random go to a PvP server.

And a final comment I remember your name and I will be level 50 soon. I will be looking for you.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Yeah well go cry to Trion, if they put in some decent open PvP systems, high levels wouldn't wander into your lowbie zones and gank you so you get your mains or call your guilds so they can get some PvP.

Seriously, think about how many times PvP has kicked off because some "jerk" was out ganking lowbies? Hell I run around with my rogue and kill a few people in the wilderness with a guild tag I recognize and suddenly they have 2-3-10 friends showing up to kill me, do I moan and whine it isn't fair they have more people now! No. I'd say in guild, "hey guys the fun's startin".

Cheers.

This is what being on a PvP server is all about, high five dude.

I think Trion's idea of PVP is punishment enough. Go cry to your insta-spawn, raid-boss town guards.

It's a damn joke. You can UNFLAG PVP on a freakin PVP server. In non contested zones, you can be immune to PVP, which is largely, I would presume, to prevent lowbie ganking. But entirely defeats the point of a PVP server. If you want "wait for me to get ready" PVP, roll on a PVE server and queue for warfronts.

And hell, you don't need to call 50s in to kill a 50. 10-15 30s can do it no problem. Granted, a lot of you will die, but it's a battle of attrition, if you keep the pressure on, they'll run out of HP or mana eventually... Unless it's an immortal cleric... then you might be boned.

But seriously, PVP servers in this game are the biggest candy arse, sheltered brat, carebear case I've ever seen.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    I think Trion's idea of PVP is punishment enough. Go cry to your insta-spawn, raid-boss town guards.

It's a damn joke. You can UNFLAG PVP on a freakin PVP server. In non contested zones, you can be immune to PVP, which is largely, I would presume, to prevent lowbie ganking. But entirely defeats the point of a PVP server. If you want "wait for me to get ready" PVP, roll on a PVE server and queue for warfronts.

And hell, you don't need to call 50s in to kill a 50. 10-15 30s can do it no problem. Granted, a lot of you will die, but it's a battle of attrition, if you keep the pressure on, they'll run out of HP or mana eventually... Unless it's an immortal cleric... then you might be boned.

But seriously, PVP servers in this game are the biggest candy arse, sheltered brat, carebear case I've ever seen.
    Awwww is someone a little upset? Here, have a cookie. You earn extra points for being so badass. There, now do you feel better? All swollen in the right places?

Some of your folks really take beating other people up in a video game wayyyy too seriously.

I do agree with one sentiment though - stay off the PvP servers if you are more interested in PvE. We are much nicer than the dregs you will find there.

If you were really such a superior class of person, why would you attempt to go out of your way seemingly just to get a rise out of me? You attempt to patronize and antagonize me and then a sentence later remark on your higher level of status? Humorous.

But no... I'm not really bothered. I find PVP laughable, yes, but I'm by no means "buthert". I just have to chuckle when Trion describes their PVP servers as a place for those looking for excitement at every turn, not knowing when you'll be attacked without notice... Open world PVP is pretty much just assassins ganking people in the middle of quests or at vendors and then slipping away, or ranged classes nuking people from the safety of their guards. It's just boring and pointless because even if you kill them, you have to deal with 3-10 guards that will kill you unless you have some kind of escape mechanic.

On a PVE server, instaspawn guards aren't needed because pvp is totally voluntary. On a PVP server, they only dissuade PVP as its not worth killing 5 guards to kill one player and then die to the same 5 guards you just killed and respawned on top of you.

Do I find numerous flaws with the system? Yeah... Do I really care? Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by Souldancer View Post
    Awwww is someone a little upset? Here, have a cookie. You earn extra points for being so badass. There, now do you feel better? All swollen in the right places?

Some of your folks really take beating other people up in a video game wayyyy too seriously.

I do agree with one sentiment though - stay off the PvP servers if you are more interested in PvE. We are much nicer than the dregs you will find there.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

+ Reply to Thread