+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30

Thread: with the server transfers, can we get one PVP server with NO level 50 warfronts?

  1. #1
    Ascendant Apoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,439

    Default with the server transfers, can we get one PVP server with NO level 50 warfronts?

    Force the "PVPers" out into the open world for their pvp action instead of sitting in Meridian/Sanctum queueing up. (mind you this would be for level 50 only. go make them EARN their favor/prestige in open world PVP)

    maybe on this server buff the favor/prestige you get from open world PVP, its pretty messed up when i hear people say "im going to queue warfronts so i can work on my PVP rank" ON A PVP SERVER.

    then after you do all that, how about oh i don't know give us a reason to PVP each other ... like territory conquest, i know its crazy that PVPers want content but hey im just throwing it out there.

    WTB the above item .... mine broke

  2. #2
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Not going to happen, but its fun to talk about it.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    995

    Default

    Its amusing how much those PVPers will avoid pvp on a pvp server
    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Many have quitted, they are lost almost half of the servers they started. I hop in next MMO for sure. Rift is awesome game but PVP is just crap.
    Lol really now?

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser jeffreyac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    313

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Its amusing how much those PVPers will avoid pvp on a pvp server
    Oh, no, not true, they PvP all the time against me on my server.

    ...of course, they're also killing my leveling 30-somethings with their 50's. So, yeah - if you mean PvP that resuts in someone gettig favor, I think you're right...
    Last edited by jeffreyac; 05-29-2011 at 01:14 PM.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Apoth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    2,439

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mongus View Post
    Its amusing how much those PVPers will avoid pvp on a pvp server
    no kidding, only time i see Open world PVP is if an invasion happens, other than that most just sit in sanctum/meridian queued up for warfronts/LFD.

    WTB the above item .... mine broke

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    Force the "PVPers" out into the open world for their pvp action instead of sitting in Meridian/Sanctum queueing up. (mind you this would be for level 50 only. go make them EARN their favor/prestige in open world PVP).
    and what would be the point?
    I want rvr, where you actually have to work as an army to make your side win, not just mindless headbutting somebody else just because you are bored.
    without any target its just random melee, there's no strategy, no group fights, just who has more firepower kill the other, no point.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  7. #7
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruizo View Post
    and what would be the point?
    I want rvr, where you actually have to work as an army to make your side win, not just mindless headbutting somebody else just because you are bored.
    without any target its just random melee, there's no strategy, no group fights, just who has more firepower kill the other, no point.
    There is a video, secret and lost in the depths of You-tube, with a murmor and rumor of Open World PvP coming Soon(tm) to Rift...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  8. #8
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    There is a video, secret and lost in the depths of You-tube, with a murmor and rumor of Open World PvP coming Soon(tm) to Rift...
    One can hope... an enlarged Port of Scion zone (the whole zone, not the wf map) would be perfect for rvr, or maybe one of those new zones they show in the "weather forecast" video (underwater rvr FTW!)
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    205

    Default

    Something to give pvp'rs a reason to pvp would indeed be good.
    Krieger-Guardian Guild on Galena. You'd be welcome there

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whistu View Post
    Something to give pvp'rs a reason to pvp would indeed be good.
    yeah, but removing a feature that so many people like as WF would just suck, people wont get out to do pvp, would just get to another game.
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  11. #11
    Ascendant MopDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,549

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    no kidding, only time i see Open world PVP is if an invasion happens, other than that most just sit in sanctum/meridian queued up for warfronts/LFD.
    What's funny about this right here is not to long ago people were like "I love rift b.c in WoW all they ever did was sit in the city and queues up for dungeons and BG's."
    Briarcliff I make em scream.

    Quote Originally Posted by Selenity View Post
    I'm not sure if you are talking to him or me. But I do care. I even care about what would bring you to the place that you would put such pictures on your profile.

  12. #12
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,588

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    Force the "PVPers" out into the open world for their pvp action instead of sitting in Meridian/Sanctum queueing up. (mind you this would be for level 50 only. go make them EARN their favor/prestige in open world PVP)
    Open-world PvP isn't "earning" anything. Rolling a rogue and stealthing around the map to pick off people that are at half health and engaging mobs is not in any way skillful, and should not be rewarded with anything. Simple fact is, modern MMO PvP is expected to be at least mildly competitive, and for that you need a controlled environment of some sort. If you want meaningless open-world ganking you're free to participate in it, and that's about the most you can ask for these days.

    then after you do all that, how about oh i don't know give us a reason to PVP each other ... like territory conquest, i know its crazy that PVPers want content but hey im just throwing it out there.
    Quote Originally Posted by Whistu View Post
    Something to give pvp'rs a reason to pvp would indeed be good.
    Why do you need to be given a reason or an incentive to play the game? Either it's fun or it's not. You don't get a special prize when you beat someone in Street Fighter. Your reward is the satisfaction of knowing you beat the other guy.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I miss DAOC rvr so much.

    Imagine rift with huge, persistent "warfronts", slow-firing long-reaching siege weapons and multiple keeps to conquer/upgrade/defend, maybe claimable by your guild.

    THAT would be pvp.

    CTF with swords and fireballs is not PVP.
    Last edited by Primula; 05-29-2011 at 11:22 PM.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isila View Post
    Open-world PvP isn't "earning" anything. Rolling a rogue and stealthing around the map to pick off people that are at half health and engaging mobs is not in any way skillful, and should not be rewarded with anything. Simple fact is, modern MMO PvP is expected to be at least mildly competitive, and for that you need a controlled environment of some sort. If you want meaningless open-world ganking you're free to participate in it, and that's about the most you can ask for these days.





    Why do you need to be given a reason or an incentive to play the game? Either it's fun or it's not. You don't get a special prize when you beat someone in Street Fighter. Your reward is the satisfaction of knowing you beat the other guy.
    hemm, those two paragraps completely counterdict themselves...
    first you say that just roaming for a fight is mindless, then you say that asking for some kind of target in pvp, a zone where you can build a strategy and get something back for you effort is wasted because pvp should be its own (evidendly mindless) reward...
    schizoprhenic much?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Primula View Post
    CTF with swords and fireballs is not PVP.
    why not?
    it requires stragegy, tactics, team effort.
    what's pvp then?
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts