+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Suggestions for Improving World PVP

Default Suggestions for Improving World PVP

Hey Trion- Suggestions for Improving World PVP

Zone Bonus'- Provide a 1 hour random favor bonus for various regions for open world pvp, grouped or otherwise
    - Enable favor rewards for killing wardstones or taking over small towns
    - Allow favor rewards for killing NPCs

Titles- Provide a title (i.e, Slayer of Gloamwood) for SOLO kills (ie, cannot be grouped or assisted)
    You can do this for each region. Say once you get 1000 kills in each region.
    - Provide various range of titles for SOLO kills, say at 100, 500, 1000 - maybe things like Dreaded, Assassin, Gladiator, etc. Make it to where you get some sort of small bonus as you go up, but make it to where we have constant goals
    - Provide some cool class specific armor for wardrobe (ie black hood for rogues, cape for mages, whatever)

Guild Wars- Provide guilds with an ability to "turn on" favor bonus' by declaring war in a region with another guild, for a period of time
    - Allow guilds to have formal alliances, sharing in larger favor rewards
    - Provide for solo players to "align themselves" with a side to participate even though they aren't part of a guild and receive same bonus'
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Plane Touched

I....think I like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1.2 patch notes
    DROUGHTLANDS
    * The talking Raptors around Redoubt no longer have say text on aggro. Clever girls.

Sez

You guys see that video with the sneak peek at upcoming world zones opening up? It may give you hope...
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Default ..

I didn't see video, can you post link?
    Rogue: 0/0 HK or any other PVE content. Over 120+ days /played in PVP content exclusively as an Assassin. (yes, 2800 hours)
    Yes, I know MM and NB rule. No, I don't want to switch to a MM. Yes, I know they are the best. No, again, I'd rather improve Assassins.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    I didn't see video, can you post link?
    www.youtube.com
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Default ..

Really? Is Youtube new?

go type

Rift new zones
    Rift sneak peek
    Rift upcoming zones

I didn't find it. Ofcourse I looked there first.

I like your idea about titles and capes.

There should so be different level capes based on the kills you have gotten, and they should get smexier every time. I want a badass cape with big shoulder spikes that scares small children.

like the ideas especially the bonus in certain zones. if they ever added Ancient Wardstones to Shimmersand and stillmoor they could tie it to them give us PVPers something to fight over.

REMOVE warfronts from level 50 (this is the biggest killer of open world PVP)

add a new bounty hunter faction that you can take quests from to kill specific players from the opposing faction (that is your level)

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Default Great Feedback

Hey guys,
    Great Feedback. All positive? Let's add to this list- what ideas to you have? How might you change it up?
    See any issues with what's being discussed? Important to have various views... lend your own!

DD

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
    like the ideas especially the bonus in certain zones. if they ever added Ancient Wardstones to Shimmersand and stillmoor they could tie it to them give us PVPers something to fight over.

REMOVE warfronts from level 50 (this is the biggest killer of open world PVP)

add a new bounty hunter faction that you can take quests from to kill specific players from the opposing faction (that is your level)
    Might be a good idea actually, to remove warfronts when you're level 50.

The only reason people do it is for PvP gear, not so much for experience which is why a lot of PvP players do warfronts from 10-50 to begin with.

They'd still need level 50 PvP things though.

As for the bounty hunter thing, I remember Ultima Online having this. Was good. People could put what ever price on players heads and yeah, off ya go hunting them.

Wonder if Trion could make it so at level 50 you can attack your own faction?

+ Reply to Thread