+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Loot rolls in WFs

Prophet of Telara

Default Loot rolls in WFs

Please do something about it. I am getting tired on ****ty greens popping on my screen 2-3 at a time when I am trying to fight people. Some kind of auto roll and/roll rift-like UI would be nice.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Rift Chaser

better yet just put the runecrafter mats directly into my bag lol

Quote Originally Posted by liho1eye View Post
    Please do something about it. I am getting tired on ****ty greens popping on my screen 2-3 at a time when I am trying to fight people. Some kind of auto roll and/roll rift-like UI would be nice.
    I dislike combat looting as well. It became so bad in Warhammer they added auto-rolling.

I don't like the NGP in pugs anyway. Everyone rolling "need" on stuff they obviously dont need. Including BOP gear dropping in WF.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    I dislike combat looting as well. It became so bad in Warhammer they added auto-rolling.

I don't like the NGP in pugs anyway. Everyone rolling "need" on stuff they obviously dont need. Including BOP gear dropping in WF.
    Yeah, I have to agree there. It'd be nice if you weren't able to roll on items you can't use.
    Red ball + fulminate + really craptacular dom/pyro spec trying to hard cast transmog and pray your spell lands before some squirrel punching moron eats your controlled opp proc = +1 board warrior keeping mages from being realistically balanced in PVE or PVP. 1.0-1.2's best combo in the game. RIP FOTM Pyro rollers

Rift Chaser

auto roll would be nice, would also be nice if they made the bop epics class specific on rolls. The number of games i've been in where a class that can't use the weapon wins it, far exceed the number of games i've been in where it goes to the intended class. BOE epics knock yourself out on rolls.

Rift Disciple

"Can use" is not a very good criteria for determining what one can roll for. Warriors could roll on everything except Staves and Wands?

"Is the intended armour type" can also fail. Sometimes people sacrifice armour value in order to get better stats otherwise. I know I've read many warriors say that leather armour has better dps stats than plate (albeit in a pve related discussion, iirc).

"Str for warriors, Dex for rogues, Int for mages and wisdom for clerics".. What about an item that has +5 str, +5 dex, +4 wisdom, +4 intelligence and +10 endurance. Warriors and Rogues cannot benefit from wisdom or intelligence, everyone benefits from endurance, wisdom and intelligence are lower than strength and dex, while mages and clerics still benefit from str/dex (via block/parry/dodge if nothing else).

People will inevitably have different opinions on what item is best suited for which class, and I don't think the game should prevent people from making the wrong choices either.
    --

So I'd suggest to remove any random equipment drops and instead simply increase the amount of cash that drops. With cash you can get the items you need from pve players, won't get distracted mid battle and will have reduced annoyance from a mage winning the need roll on a bind on pickup 2h axe (if such a thing exist in the loot tables).
    Last edited by Tizian; 05-29-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Prophet of Telara

*bump* still actual issue.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Soulwalker

Do you really care about those crap purples that drop in wf? You will soon get far better from just ranking up to cadet? Unsure on their stats, but remember they always looked bad. The only thing I want is fluffy. I agree about the autoroll idea, those pop up windows stacking and obscuring field of vision is a pain in the posterior.

How bout this?
    No drops except cash (increased amount) in the warfronts, and chance to get other stuff than green rings and chain gloves in the satchel of spoils.

Or...
    just give an event-loot system (like the one after rifts/dungeons) to the winning team, that gives some consumables, a little cash and chance to get items.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

I do agree with OP. The pop ups are so annoying and can often distract you while trying to play.
    However as far as the need for items go, you really shouldn't be needing items from warfronts to equip.
    If you want gear run dungeons its far better then anything wf's throw at you.
    Thats why people need all of them because they are trash
    They aren't going to use them they are going to sell them for quick cash.

The potions are OK with me.

But if anything was going to drop in PVP . . . why did the devs decide that mass disenchant fodder should be the thing that drops?

Rather have nothing than mass disenchant fodder. Get it off my screen while I'm fighting.

How about an "Opt Out of Rolling" option.

Quote Originally Posted by Laplace View Post
    How bout this?
    No drops except cash (increased amount) in the warfronts, and chance to get other stuff than green rings and chain gloves in the satchel of spoils.

Or...
    just give an event-loot system (like the one after rifts/dungeons) to the winning team, that gives some consumables, a little cash and chance to get items.
    This^^

I get distracted no matter where I put the loot window when it pops up. Plus if they increased the money dropped in WF's, it would make some of us who don't pve some cash.
    Tiranni- 50 Rogue (Guardian) ~ Deliryum- 50 Cleric (Guardian) ~ Feilynne- 50 Mage (Guardian) ~ Ferocity- 50 Warrior (Defiant)

+ Reply to Thread