+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PvPers strapped for cash. Warfronts need Artifacts!

Default PvPers strapped for cash. Warfronts need Artifacts!

Title says it all. There are plenty of places to hide artifacts in war fronts and serious PvPers need a decent way to keep up with auction house inflation so I say why not create some artifact pvp sets? This could create a whole meta-game within WFs for players who are only out to collect those sets, and the gankers waiting to stop them. Ok I need coffee, enough brainstorming.

Rift Disciple

So introduce a mechanic to warfronts that would distract people from.. pvp?

The side with more artifact hunters loses?

The last thing I want in my WF is ppl scurrying off instead of heading towards objectives.

Quote Originally Posted by Morituri View Post
    The last thing I want in my WF is ppl scurrying off instead of heading towards objectives.
    I still earn my favor either way. It would be nice to earn gold and create some side pvp while the derps are chasing the flag like slobbering mutts.

Plane Touched

how about making gold drop from players at a sane rate? I'm halfway to rank 6, and I'm a 4 plat looted total from players. You could multiply the rate by 20 and still get money slower than you do doing PvE.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Trisian View Post
    Title says it all. There are plenty of places to hide artifacts in war fronts and serious PvPers need a decent way to keep up with auction house inflation so I say why not create some artifact pvp sets? This could create a whole meta-game within WFs for players who are only out to collect those sets, and the gankers waiting to stop them. Ok I need coffee, enough brainstorming.
    totally agree with this ...

i have been pvp'n about a months now in the 50 bracket i have nearly 30000 lifetime kills and in this time i have only raised 6plat according to the pvp achievement ...

some kind of way to make money through warfronts would be always welcome .. even if its just a increase drop of greenies ..... or crafting mats dropping in pvp.

Plane Touched

Only way this could work out well is if the artifacts were a drop off killed players.

Champion of Telara

The day I ever see an artifact enter the PvP world as somekind of cash flow system is the day I'll quit this game for sure.

If you want to go hunt artifacts - then go hunt artifacts.

The lack of gold gain while doing PvP is pretty close to the top of my list on reasons why I would quit the game. There is no excuse for it.

Some things in this game, such as gaining inscribed sourcestones to get ur purple planars could be needed, but sometimes u just gotta meet at the middle and do the things u have to do in order to make some cash.. i.e work on proffesions. Im only into pvp and ive made 700 plat from foraging, just work on it while u sit in wf queues, doesnt take much effort.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Rift Chaser

This is a game with PvE and PvP content, I think it shouldn't be all that shocking that you should be expected to do both. Hell, except for the old-school "drop inventory on death" MMOs, I don't really know of any that let you make any decent money off of killing players.

Though, with that said, it's pretty obvious that Planarite and various Stones/Marks are PvE currency, Favor is PvP currency, and Plat is player-to-player currency... at least once you get your 110% speed mount. Therefore, it should be available in all forms of play.

Alternatively: Add a money-changer to the game. Make the exchange rate crappy enough that it can't be utilized for gold-farming, but let us exchange planarite and favor for extra coin. Hardcore raiders have Favor they're never going to spend, I have planarite, sourcestones, and marks of achievement I'm never going to spend. And you could even just make it one-way like that, so people can't get the specific currencies without "paying their dues" in dungeons and Warfronts.

It would be great if players dropped more money, and their grey drops were worth a bit more cash. Something even cooler would be that they drop more valuable materials depending on their PVP rank, that way undergeared players might be more interested in killing them than running in terror.

I figured out the error of my coffeeless logic! The pvp artifacts should not go in the warfronts, those are specialized matches. The pvp artifacts need their own zone, .... lets make it an island that's totally pvp enabled. Then sprinkle some rocks and trees around. Oh! How about a keep for each side too.

Ok so we got a new zone, open pvp, new artifacts, gathering resources, keeps, the works.
    Hey lets call it New Frontiers!
    Last edited by Trisian; 05-29-2011 at 08:00 AM.

Ascendant

They need to overhaul the PVP loot system. It is essentially non-existant at this point.

People who pve to 50 talk about having 100s of plat without selling anything. If you constantly queue for PVP doing the same thing you will come nowhere close to that amount of money. it is hugely imbalanced.

They need to increase the coin drop by a magnitude or more... They need to save loot rolls until after the WF is over, and they need to get some other stuff of some value into the wf loot tables as well.

I agree that there should be a way to turn pvp into cash. If we can't sack someone's city for cash, come up with an alternative. Not sure I like this one though.

I remember in WoW being able to buy BoE gems for honor, which you could then sell.

Rift Master

Would be nice if WF actually Popped and I didnt sit in the que for 30mins-1h for 5-10mins for PvP

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast