+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What you probably didn't know about Eradicate but should...

Default What you probably didn't know about Eradicate but should...

#1 It's hardly "spammable"

It costs 40 energy and will toss a rogue into energy starvation very quickly. What you're probably experiencing is 2 or more MM's chain eradicating you.

It's hardly different from 2 clerics healing each other, or 2 pyros tossing fireballs at you.

#2 It does no damage, gives no Combo points.

Coupled with #1, it's not the most effective way to contribute in PvP.

#3 It's 44 points into one of the squishiest rogue trees.

In fact, it's the 2nd to last skill to unlock in the tree. Anyone who wants to spec eradicate gives up A LOT, and I mean A LOT of utility by going hybrid instead. Even rogues debate if it's worth the 44 point investment.

#4 It can "miss"

Yes, which means 40 energy and 1 GCD wasted, combine that with #2.

#5 It's a hard counter to buffs, and ONLY buffs

There are tons of non-buff dependent souls out there, perhaps as one has specc'd to counter a buff dependent soul, you can spec to counter him.

#6 I personally noticed that the bulk of the QQ comes from clerics/mages

lol, just lol. 'Nuff said.

To you I offer the stock answers all of you used to toss out:

l2cc
    l2focus

-----------------------------

I once thought Eradicate was seriously OP and was on the "It needs a CD" bandwagon as well, heck I even made a thread supporting its nerf. But after having it around for a couple of weeks, I can say it's not game breaking at all. Bad MM's spam it, good ones save it for the HoTs.

All the QQ about having their build neutralized really need to l2adapt/adjust, you want your build to be "uncounterable?" Rogues have been changing and adapting and making some really weird hybrid builds to keep up since launch. I don't see how this is a problem w/ other classes.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Rift Master

Hi, rank 6 rogue here. I've been running a 44 Marksman build since 1.2, and i can say it is very silly. It is far too powerful put into the hands of an organized group. It simply breaks the way the game should be played.

If anyone wants to defend it, that is fine, but i have already submitted my own feedback regarding this ability, and will continue to assume that anyone who tries to justify this ability is either #1. Really that bad that they don't use or know how to use this ability, or #2. They fully understand this ability and are trying to keep it from being nerfed.

Either way around it, i just though id throw my two cents in there. I can keep any target completely stripped of HoTs/Buffs while our assist train drops them. You do not become energy starved (the ability only costs 20 energy), and my GCD is therefore much faster than any cleric. The fact it removes two buffs means that i will constantly be ahead of even multiple clerics trying to keep someone HoT'd. (lol, HoT'd).

Personally, i feel this ability needs a cd, or MANY buffs from other classes need to be removed from being able to be dispelled. A few off the top of my head are Chloro survivability CDs (i almost, ALMOST feel bad when dropping them off a chloro...), Nightblade and RS buffs (really, this one is close to home), and i hate to say it, but warrior buffs (It is just sad that Mr. Tanky Tank suddenly has less HP than my MM rogue... =/ )

Anyways, i'll continue to use the ability while Trion gives it to us, but i think for the betterment of the game and PvP there need to be alterations.

-Lewk , r6 Rogue
    Lewk- Prestige Rank 50 Rogue of Sunrest

Quote Originally Posted by Lewk View Post
    Hi, rank 6 rogue here. I've been running a 44 Marksman build since 1.2, and i can say it is very silly. It is far too powerful put into the hands of an organized group. It simply breaks the way the game should be played.

If anyone wants to defend it, that is fine, but i have already submitted my own feedback regarding this ability, and will continue to assume that anyone who tries to justify this ability is either #1. Really that bad that they don't use or know how to use this ability, or #2. They fully understand this ability and are trying to keep it from being nerfed.

Either way around it, i just though id throw my two cents in there. I can keep any target completely stripped of HoTs/Buffs while our assist train drops them. You do not become energy starved (the ability only costs 20 energy), and my GCD is therefore much faster than any cleric. The fact it removes two buffs means that i will constantly be ahead of even multiple clerics trying to keep someone HoT'd. (lol, HoT'd).

Personally, i feel this ability needs a cd, or MANY buffs from other classes need to be removed from being able to be dispelled. A few off the top of my head are Chloro survivability CDs (i almost, ALMOST feel bad when dropping them off a chloro...), Nightblade and RS buffs (really, this one is close to home), and i hate to say it, but warrior buffs (It is just sad that Mr. Tanky Tank suddenly has less HP than my MM rogue... =/ )

Anyways, i'll continue to use the ability while Trion gives it to us, but i think for the betterment of the game and PvP there need to be alterations.

-Lewk , r6 Rogue
    I stand corrected on the energy cost.

Any class is strong on an assist train or a premade.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

+ Reply to Thread