+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Eradicate removes EVERY Buff.

Default Eradicate removes EVERY Buff.

So, at first of course Eradicate was annoying, PvP groups grabbing a 44 with Erad, just to debuff EVERYBODY, Lol. Well as time went on it has become clear that perhaps this wasnt as well thought out by the Devs as previously assumed.. For instance, Eradicate removes the following in groups of 2 each second which is its Cooldown:

Class Buffs
    Apoc Buffs (Even those which are supposed ot last through death)
    Drink Buffs
    Developed Buffs ( Such as Armor or Power buffs applied when being hit or after hitting )

This in my own experience and gameplay as well as those who i have spoke with agree is a little too much, Especially to be on a 1 second cooldown. Similiar "Buff stripping" abilities within other classes fall upon a 15 second cooldown, and those are within melee soul trees.

To play a class in which buffs are available or to even put points into a buff is rendered useless in PvP, Might as well remove the Prestige 6 Warlord from a raid if there is a level 44 MM hidden about, Lol.Or have him change roles, cause that class is nullified. The rogues of course claim, due to their 44 points in MM they are squishy, That's all fine and well when you run 3x as fast as everyone you're hitting and eradicating.

Perhaps its time for this to be looked into a bit further?

Personally I created a Buff hotkey and just spam that when those MM's try and get on me, but I understand how it is a big factor for other classes, especially those with stacking buffs, who after getting hit 10 times and having a buff stack of 10, only to be nullified by a single ranged shot from 30m away.
    Or the player who buys or creates a potion which is supposed to last Through Death, yet one arrow strips it right off.

Is this a problem?
    Last edited by Capo; 05-29-2011 at 01:26 AM.

commenting on now death persistent buffs are getting stripped is nonesense, eradicate =/= death.
    other purges are not 44 points into a tree and effectively the 2nd to last skill to be unlocked.

eradicate is the hard counter to buffs, nothing else. It offers no damage, no CPs, no other utility.

MM's who spec at least 44 points in give a lot of utility that can be gained from speccing hybrid into other trees.

You CANNOT, I repeat CANNOT spam a 40 energy skill w/o getting energy starvation.

Take your pick from below stock responses:

l2cc
    l2dps
    l2focus

How may more threads before the horse dies?
    Last edited by xaed; 05-29-2011 at 01:36 AM.
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Death persistant buffs are stripped with eradicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Capo View Post
    Death persistant buffs are stripped with eradicate.
    And your point is it's death persistent? I don't recall eradicate ever being equal to "death"
    A PRO QUOTE BELOW:
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You seem to be happy with Eradicate. I'm glad. The longer it stays in, the better. It's a non-threat spec. You're there to Purge things. I can avoid that by either making sure you're focused first, to which you have no answer, or I can go Pyro or SC and let you Eradicate all day.

Its one of the points. That Eradicate removes buffs which are even supposed to last through death. So relatively speaking... Marksman have a skill which in essence is able to remove a buff that is supposed to not only overcome living interations but is as elite enough to survive through Death for the selected duration of time. Hence, the reason it is included along with the previous examples. Bottom line, this is a skill which needs to be fixed.

Plane Touched

You've obviously never played a marksman if you think the run speed makes us hard to kill in any fashion. If break free is cooling down, we rarely even get to use it.

Seriously, the game just needed for its own sake a counter to wardens making people invincible by stacking hots on them. Some things shouldn't be dispellable like LGV, but otherwise the skill is fine and necessary.

+ Reply to Thread