+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Ancient Golden Dragon Egg Shell and PvP

Soulwalker

Default Ancient Golden Dragon Egg Shell and PvP

It feels like a major oversight that we get these shells in experts but not in PvP. Surely a couple of shells per game would be fair?

Would not really be linear with the storyline then =)

Soulwalker

Are you suggesting getting them in experts makes more sense in terms of story?

Let's hear a justification for that, because I do not think there is one with any substance to it.

Edit: For that matters receiving them for the gold coins makes sense? The guy next to him is asking for them to study. Why would they then turn around and dole them out?
    Last edited by PolymathThreeSprings; 05-29-2011 at 03:07 AM.

Ascendant

I think loot in general needs to be overhauled for PVP. It is comparatively nothing when you look at what you might get in the same time investment in PVE.

Even the coin is ridiculously low.

They need to increase coin drop significantly, they need to make it so all corpses are looted and rolls can be done at the end of a match, and they need to include special items like the eggs to be obtained if they are available from non-rift settings in pve as well.

Quote Originally Posted by aeio View Post
    I think loot in general needs to be overhauled for PVP. It is comparatively nothing when you look at what you might get in the same time investment in PVE.

Even the coin is ridiculously low.

They need to increase coin drop significantly, they need to make it so all corpses are looted and rolls can be done at the end of a match, and they need to include special items like the eggs to be obtained if they are available from non-rift settings in pve as well.
    This ^

Would be nice if atleast the coin from PvP was good.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    Would not really be linear with the storyline then =)
    PVP is all about glory. How would wealth not enter into it?

The thing with warfronts is you can fail miserably and still bank a bunch of purples for free. You rez with full health, you don't even have to pay for soul vitality, and easily can hire a PLer to bot you up to top prestige.

What do you get from the eggshells?

NOTHING related to warfront pvp.

It's ALL pve --------> plaques, artifacts, and rift dust.

Soulwalker

I would be happy if they would, at the very least, give us full PvP sets when leveling. i am sick of this mix and match junk, i want to do WarFronts, but if i want to be able to do anything in them i also have to do crap loads of PvE to get gear to let me do warfronts and not hold my team back!

Im seeing qq from someone who wont leave the city to do a rift/invasion.

Soulwalker

Im seeing qq from someone who wont leave the city to do a rift/invasion.
    No, actually you're seeing QQ from somebody frustrated that PvEers get catered to while PvPers don't. You can queue for experts and gets eggs without leaving a city. Also, on some servers a lot of invasions fail.

What do you get from the eggshells?

NOTHING related to warfront pvp.

It's ALL pve --------> plaques, artifacts, and rift dust.
    Yes and this is unfair as well. Give us some PvP stuff in there and stop sidelining in us. I am not asking for tons of development effort here I am asking for a very minimal amount of inclusion.

Frankly if you're against giving these egg shells or another similar world item even to PvPers but support handing them out in experts you have it out for PvPers. It reeks of bias. Some of us want to log on and do Warfronts instead of Experts.

If you honestly think giving us 2 Eggs per Warfront would be the end of the world then I think you have some serious personal bias issues you need to address. I mean why would anybody be against that? If you are an egg short it gives you another option. The eggs do not give you access to cutting edge content at all. It is just a daily quest. You have to be really vindictive and have it out for PvPers to oppose this.

Quote Originally Posted by PolymathThreeSprings View Post
    No, actually you're seeing QQ from somebody frustrated that PvEers get catered to while PvPers don't.
    In a PvE game? The horror!!!
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Whytwulf View Post
    In a PvE game? The horror!!!
    Yes, this is a PvE game, I understand that. However, they took the time to let people skip invasions and just chain experts and still get their eggs.

It would take an absolutely insigicant amount of developer effort to let PvPers do the same thing. I am not asking for PvP to be super important. I am just asking for a tiny bit of consideration.

Also, you're a troll. What is that like?

Aren't you getting tired of that taste of shoe leather in your mouth?
    Oh mortal man, is there anything you cannot be made to believe?

Yes, this is a PvE game, I understand that. However, they took the time to let people skip invasions and just chain experts and still get their eggs.

It would take an absolutely insigicant amount of developer effort to let PvPers do the same thing. I am not asking for PvP to be super important. I am just asking for a tiny bit of consideration.

No, he's not a troll. He's merely pointing out the fact that you seem to have forgotten that this is a PvE game, and not a PvP Game. Everything in a PvE game is supposed to follow some story, some lore. What sense does it make to kill random people and get DRAGON egg shells? Seriously? I could understand it from a point that you're stealing them from your opponents, but if your opponents don't HAVE any, there's really nothing to steal, is there? As well, if the quest NPCs knew the opposing faction was carrying a ton of them, I'm pretty sure they'd want some kinda full-scale invasion, not miscellaneous, random turn-ins from warfronts.

If you want egg shells, or to complete the quests, you have to PvE. The rewards are PvE. The invasions and rifts are PvE. Just because you don't want to PvE doesn't mean Trion is doin' it wrong.

Soulwalker

No, you see he is a troll and you are too. Absolustely NONE of your points refute anything I have said. You are merely trying to bait a reaction out of me--that is what trolls do you see.

There is absolutely no lore reason at all why anybody should receive egg shells from an expert. Most experts have nothing to do with earth and fire rifts or planar creatures. Why do I get egg shells from realm of the fae? Please explain the lore reason. You can't. Why do I get egg shells from Iron Tombs? Well looks like your reasoning doesn't work here. Tirion does not care about the lore reasons for handing out eggshells at all.

Just because it is a PvE game does not mean that they cannot include PvPers in some tiny way, and I am not saying that Tirion is "doing it wrong." I am saying it seems like a major oversight to reward the mindless PvE grind and not the mindless PvP grind--especially when one is so much more pleasant than the other.

Also, it is an actual selling point of the game in Tirion's own literature that rifts are a focal point for world pvp. They encourage you to use them to find people to fight with in their own advertising.

The content is not segregated anywhere but in your closed mind. I do not know why you dislike PvPers and I do not care. Your reasoning is complete nonsense and I am reasonbly sure you do not even believe what you are trying to say. Hence trolling, troll.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast