+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warfront - Which faction has more victory?

Shadowlander

Default Warfront - Which faction has more victory?

So I'm currently at level 31 and boy i lost a lot of warfront battles to Defiants. I'm thinking of going back to Defiants, to my first character level 39.

Now here's my question: Which side is winning more games at level 50? Or is it the same for both sides? One of those "grass is greener on the other side" kind of thing.
    Last edited by vinhan87; 05-28-2011 at 08:00 PM.

Era
    Champion of Telara

It highly depends on what warfront group you happen to be in...and sometimes even the time of day. On Byriel, we had Stonecrest, Dimwood, and Snarebrush in our groups...and defiants seem to win during early afternoon hours (PST) and lose (mostly because of organized premades made) during prime time.
    Last edited by Era; 05-28-2011 at 08:05 PM.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Shadowlander

what are these pre made that people are talking about?

Depends on time and war-front sever bracket.

I know for me at the midlevels its a hit and miss, early morning and late night are guardian heavy in wins with defiants holding midday, but you do get the occasion break in pattern and such.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhan87 View Post
    what are these pre made that people are talking about?
    Its when a group join a warfront together, basically like a dungeon group but fight people.
    With Faith and Fury I fight on.

Prophet of Telara ChainsawPlankton's Avatar

premade (terrible term imo, sounds stupid and isn't very descriptive) is pretty much just a group of players that go into a warfront together. generally a huge force multiplier as they can time aoe attacks, move together and react quickly, usually go for one thing together, that and they tend to be higher ranked and whatnot, I was in a black garden with a guild mate and then the rest of the team was made up of members from another guild all p6, needless to say we won and we won by a lot.

in my experience it generally seems like one side wins and they win by a lot, feels about even on amount of wins. good fights are pretty rare

Plane Walker

It highly depends on what warfront group you happen to be in...and sometimes even the time of day. On Byriel, we had Stonecrest, Dimwood, and Snarebrush in our groups...and defiants seem to win during early afternoon hours (PST) and lose (mostly because of organized premades made) during prime time.
    I'm on Dimroot (as guardian) and this is spot on. Well, it was until recently anyway. Lately it's been Defiant winning quite a bit.

There are several players that I see pretty much all the time in almost every Warfront. Nowadays they're all Defiant, and they're literally carrying their teams to victory ..lol. (You know who you are!)

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Aelorean View Post
    I'm on Dimroot (as guardian) and this is spot on. Well, it was until recently anyway. Lately it's been Defiant winning quite a bit.

There are several players that I see pretty much all the time in almost every Warfront. Nowadays they're all Defiant, and they're literally carrying their teams to victory ..lol. (You know who you are!)
    The Dimroot/Snarebrush/Stonecrest/Byriel cluster has been guardian premades all day long. I played roughly 15 Port Scion matches, and the Defiants lost EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I asked around, and apparently we did win a couple of PS matches today, but I was stuck in the unlucky queues apparently.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stevoli View Post
    The Dimroot/Snarebrush/Stonecrest/Byriel cluster has been guardian premades all day long. I played roughly 15 Port Scion matches, and the Defiants lost EVERY SINGLE ONE.

I asked around, and apparently we did win a couple of PS matches today, but I was stuck in the unlucky queues apparently.
    Funny you should mention that, because I play as a Guardian on Dimroot and we got bludgeoned all day long until about 9pm when I managed to earn more prestige in 5-6 matches than I had gained in 4 hours or so off and on throughout the afternoon. We had no premades, or at the very least none of the premades we had were any good.

This question is highly dependent on your shard cluster, so I'd move to your shard's forums.

P.S. Defiants > Biblethumpers. I can't stand the god lore crap.

Rift Chaser

I played approx 20 WF's yesterday on Dimroot - and Defiants won 17. Most were vs the same pre-made, a few however we vs Pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by vinhan87 View Post
    Now here's my question: Which side is winning more games at level 50? Or is it the same for both sides? One of those "grass is greener on the other side" kind of thing.
    Basically the side that isn't in a PuG.

One of the strange things with instanced battleground/warfront/scenario PvP/RvR in any MMO that doesn't separate solo queues and pre-mades is it seems like you always lose in a genuine PuG and you do always win in a genuine pre-made vs a PuG.

So if you play either mostly PuGs or mostly Pre-mades your experience will be vastly different and probably nothing like the actual % of wins and loses in total.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Licentia View Post
    Funny you should mention that, because I play as a Guardian on Dimroot and we got bludgeoned all day long until about 9pm when I managed to earn more prestige in 5-6 matches than I had gained in 4 hours or so off and on throughout the afternoon. We had no premades, or at the very least none of the premades we had were any good.
    Well then I need to get in your queue, Defiants have been losing like crazy over the weekend, the only ones we seem to win are BG and Codex occassionally.

Maybe you are going up against Defiant premades or something, the pugs on our side suck.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by sophee View Post
    I played approx 20 WF's yesterday on Dimroot - and Defiants won 17. Most were vs the same pre-made, a few however we vs Pugs.
    Which one? Defiants seem to be pretty good at BG, and sometimes codex, but the other two we lose constantly in.

Ascendant

Well then I need to get in your queue, Defiants have been losing like crazy over the weekend, the only ones we seem to win are BG and Codex occassionally.

Maybe you are going up against Defiant premades or something, the pugs on our side suck.
    Sometimes the Defiants have a premade group. Most of the time, Guardians lose because we play a sloppy game. Some people are happy to blame it on premade this or they have more healers that. I look out over the field on my way back from the GY and most of the time, what I see tells a different story.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast