+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Warfront Groupings need a major change (Again)

Default Warfront Groupings need a major change (Again)

I've posted something similar before but I think the developer took my comment out of context. I'll state it very plainly:

RP Servers should be grouped with other RP servers.
    RP Servers should not be grouped with mainstream PvP servers.

The community demographics are polar opposites and it is causing huge social issues and is driving PvPers on our server away from the warfronts. We would rather not PvP than deal with Briarcliff. Not because we're bad PvPers, but because we would rather sit in Sanctum and stare at rabbits hopping around the garden than listen to a bunch of kids talk about their genitalia.

RPers, whether they are on a PvP server or a PvE server, by and large do not form the same demographic that comprises mainstream PvP servers. Trion knows this... everyone knows this.

My question then begs to be asked: Why is Harrow in a grouping with Briarcliff and not the other RP servers as it should be? Why not pair it with people of similar backgrounds or interests? As it is now, We hate seeing them as much as I'm sure they hate seeing us. It is a bad, bad situation and it is directly resulting in a lot of malcontent.

Rift Disciple

Well that may be true but you would rather have WF happening rather than have to que for 10-15 minutes to just join a WF.

+ If you see the next "Major" patch will allow free character transfers. Don't like the battlegroup? change one!

Well, I don't play on the other RP servers at present so I can't comment on what their WFs are like. I don't take a "the grass is greener on the other side" approach in life... and definitely not in MMOs. I could easily transfer but who's to say they don't have the same problems?

We all know that RPers are breeds apart from other MMO gamers. We're the ones who dress up like Klingons or pirates and go to gaming conventions. We are geeks, nerds, and successful businessmen/women.

We just don't have anything in common with people still learning how to write in cursive.

I think RPers PvP casually as-is. It would be nice if our queues were fast, but I would rather it be a good game when it does pop than have to spend babysitting someone's kids for 15 minutes as they spend the majority of the time just insulting each other. It isn't fun. If a game isn't fun, it just isn't worth playing. I don't rage or get upset... I just quit playing. It is that simple.
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-28-2011 at 08:54 AM.

Rift Disciple

Just curious. Do you RP in warfronts?

And if the answer is no.... why do you need to be separate again?

Quote Originally Posted by Freida View Post
    Just curious. Do you RP in warfronts?

And if the answer is no.... why do you need to be separate again?
    I already answered that.

i totally agree the RP players should have their own WF's
    I disagree that most rp players are sucessfull buisnessmen/woman. id more agree that rpers are the bottom feeders in life that have no RL at all and the only friends thay can make is by acting like they Live in a game world (WTF!!)

The reason id like rpers to have their own server is because on defiant side 90-95% off all harrow Rp players we get in WF either suck so bad the other team just lol's or thay come up the the most insane strats to play in a WF anyone has ever heard ie: Protect vault in codex leave scope or codex and go vault again (WTF!!)
    so ya give them their own pvp where thay can all have a yee old good time hugging and kissing.
    (I assume they do this in games cause no woman in RL would touch a guy that dresses up as a clingon and goes out in public like it)
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-28-2011 at 08:16 PM.

The above post is why juveniles and adults don't belong in the same WFs.

Briarcliff has, generally 15-18 of 20 in a WF. They somehow through fuzzy logic seem to think it's a Harrow person who makes them lose.
    Last edited by Laeris; 05-28-2011 at 08:23 PM.

im actually 34 yr old with a wife and 4 kids
    i only stated the facts
    (i asked my wife to ring some of her friends and not one said thay would even ever consider going on a date with a guy who dresses up like movie charactors/game charactors. let alone go out in public like it)

O BTW ive run my own sucessful concreting buisness for many years. its not only the kids that dont want you guys there
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-28-2011 at 08:24 PM.

RP is about creativity and acting. Generating compelling stories that make a game more fun for those who enjoy such things.

There is no difference between such a style of gameplay and a situation where 14yr olds create a world where everyone is a virgin, basement dwelling, Klingon wannabe who has no life.

The difference is that we typically can speak in complete sentences and the other do0dZ just haven't learned how to yet.

i failed to see any DoOdz in my replys
    i failed to understand your last post. thinking my head has been in the sun took long got my
    wife to read it (she teaches business studies at a australian univversity) and she failed to understand what the hell u ment
    in the words of the Great Pauline Hanson Plz Explain
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-28-2011 at 08:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Destructiveurges View Post
    i only stated the facts
    (i asked my wife to ring some of her friends and not one said thay would even ever consider going on a date with a guy who dresses up like movie charactors/game charactors. let alone go out in public like it)

O BTW ive run my own sucessful concreting buisness for many years. its not only the kids that dont want you guys there
    I seriously doubt your claims. No person can run a successful business and not know how to spell "business."

But, like I said in my OP... we farm Briarcliff for favor day in and day out with almost zero chance of losing as it is. We just don't want to deal with them on a fundamental social level. Farming Briarcliff is easier than farming a T1 Lantern Hook instance for loot. It's a given win and takes only about 3 and a half minutes in BG to do.

i failed to see any DoOdz in my replys
    i failed to understand your last post. thinking my head has been in the sun took long got my
    wife to read it (she teaches business studies at a australian universirty) and she failed to understand what the hell u ment
    in the words of the Great Pauline Hanson Plz Explain
    I will explain for the bogan:

You say it is absurd that we create our own little version of events. Then, you go about creating your own little version of what you think RPers are like and how we must be abject failures. That, in and of itself, is roleplaying.

So, by deduction and logical application - you are a failure because you are roleplaying... and roleplayers... are failures.

lol ok i was taking you seriously till you said u farm briacliff all day in WF with almost Zero chance of losing

last time i checked you dont need good spelling to be a concretor its math and an ability to see things with your eye.
    im not a uni grad i dont do the books (some people actually perfer to use their hands and make something real in life)
    But again u seem upset i did back you for your own WF
    please but please dont lie everyone that pvps knows that harrow hardly win any WF at all
    Id like to see some screenshots of these Phantom wins
    and why is it in WF when i inspect ppl from harrow 90% have t1 armors and no pvp gear if u win so many why arnt u P6?

so ill let you live in your own dream world you have created for yourself i hope noone bursts your bubble and you see the Real world cause you will freak out
    Last edited by Destructiveurges; 05-28-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Telaran

thats not where the problem is!

Peeps are playing on any server no matter they are PvP, PvE, RP etc etc.

The real problem os that 10-15 randon players are grouped to play togheter without taking in consideration, their roles.

We need a system that works the same way the "LFG" system works.

Queue into a WF chosing a role. WF starts when all 15 players are found with all roles filled. 3 healers, 3 tank, 9 dps.

Best thing they could do.

A lot of times I join a WF and stuck with a team that as only ranged dps and another healer. When that happens its pretty much gg if the other team is balanced.

Bad thing is that could make the wait time way longer than they are. Right now I really love it cause im never waiting more than 3-4 minutes.If I play in the evening I often wait 30 seconds to 1 min.(Briarcliff).

i only stated the facts

Really you stated the "facts" did you? Hmm, seems like you threw out a opinion, a ridiculous and uninformed one at that.

Really so not a single one of your wifes heterosexual female friends would ever date, lets use... Johnny Depp, and you expect people to believe that? What exactly do they think an RPer is? Someone who plays a role, in this case, plays it in an online game for the sake of fun and immersion, an actor is playing a role just the same, and a fair few will even adopt and live an intended persona for some time in order to accurately portray it on film.

And lastely from just how you post on here. I would actually be shocked if you had a successful business beyond a lemonade stand with backward letters on the sign. Then again by successful concrete business maybe you meant it as the guy who mixes concrete in a wheel barrow on a jobsite.

Wow assumptions ARE fun, lets play this game again soon.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 05-28-2011 at 08:48 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast