+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: While you're working out the mechanics of the seperate solo and group queues....

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ironhart View Post
    IMO you're missing the bigger picture here. Class composition is not the issue.

What should be done is to balance out clerics and not make them the gods that decide the outcome of pvp in every match. Every class should be able to influence a match equally to the extent that having a large concentration of any one class should not be much of a handicap if at all.

As it is, no other calling currently has as much influence as the cleric. Just 1 or 2 clerics throwing out obscene amounts of heals/shields can decide the match in 20v20 situations, moreso than dps throwing out the same or greater amount of damage. Sounds fair? Add to that you need a warrior (lingering wounds) AND a rogue (eradicate) to take down a well-played cleric and one cant help but fall on their knees in the presence of the almighty cleric.

WFs != heal warz.
    Yea what he said, healing is just insane in this game, there is just to many instant heals for pvp to ever be any fun. And i play a claric alot, cant beet um then join um ya know.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Sadly unless they start locking the ability to swap your souls upon joining the warfront no system like this could be put into place.

Just because someone is healing in a WF at the start dosen't mean they will stay that spec, nor does it mean a DPS wont swap to a heal spec. While queueing up that cleric and his friend may have been duo'ing and such and he wants to DPS in a WF.

Clerics and Mages, even Rogues to an extent would exploit the system without locking souls, by swapping to the most needed/lacking spec in a WF just so they could swap after getting in, to the one they actualy want to play.

While it would be great in theory to have something like what you suggest in effect, actual implamentation in a game like Rift would require so much flexibility to be removed that you may as well have just rolled a premade to begin with so at least going into the warfront all those participating in it were actualy playing something they wanted to and were good at, not just whatever spec actually let them bypass the hour long queue so they could have some pvp.

Cheers.

Didn't mean specs like the LFG system, I just mean archtypes. Like allocating 4 of each archtype per side in Black Garden. Not starting the game until 1 of each archtype joins. Expand the battlegroups if necessary to let the system work. There's no reason at all that battlegroups must max out at 4 servers.

And on your recent point of changing spec myself, well I do. I play Bard when its needed and I like it, AE Healing, buffing and providing CC.

But when we get a side thats just Rogues and Warriors we don't stand a chance when the opposition has Clerics. Bards are support, the healing just hits the 5 nearest targets, you can't heal single target damage.
    Last edited by Jaekal; 05-29-2011 at 08:28 AM.

You do realize that not all clerics have healing specs, don't you? With the soul system, there is no way of making sure that you have healers in a wf.

Quote Originally Posted by habby View Post
    You do realize that not all clerics have healing specs, don't you? With the soul system, there is no way of making sure that you have healers in a wf.
    Unless we all re-roll clerics...10v10 cleric games would last forever.
    Pre-server merges BS statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Given how quickly population seems to be growing overall, I think we'll see new servers before mergers.
    Post server merges BS Statement:
    Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I think at this point I'm obliged to grant that functionally I was wrong about mergers.
    A quick snap of the neck keeps those corpses nice and dead like." ~ Ferry

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    While you're working out the mechanics of the seperate solo and group queues....
    Is that actually confirmed or just another wishful thinking?
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Plane Touched

Confirmed in the sticky. It's in the works, I guess we'll get it in 1.3 with the server xfers.

Prophet of Telara

Confirmed in the sticky. It's in the works, I guess we'll get it in 1.3 with the server xfers.
    I am not seeing anything like that. They talk about merging war groups. They talk about match premades with premades more reliably. There is nothing about separating queues.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Plane Touched

Oh dear, I didn't realise someone would be so pedantic over the specificity of the thread title that can't be edited.

Whatever you want to call it, the mechanic they are introducing to aid in removing premades matching up against soloers.

Prophet of Telara

Oh dear, I didn't realise someone would be so pedantic over the specificity of the thread title that can't be edited.

Whatever you want to call it, the mechanic they are introducing to aid in removing premades matching up against soloers.
    No, that is totally not what they introducing. You are either trying to present your own wishful thinking as reality or simply cannot read. You can code everything you say with colors and bunnies if you like to, but don't expect people to understand you.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2