+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mythbusters:Rift-PvP edition Myth: " If you arnt Rank with Valor, your screwed"

Default Mythbusters:Rift-PvP edition Myth: " If you arnt Rank with Valor, your screwed"

Here is my first warfront as a 50 (actually 2nd, scoreboard of first below as it didnt frap)

"You're screwed at 50 for weeks, until you have T6" - McWaffles first 50 WF(solo)

So non 50s, dont listen to anyone here. Go play, learn, and win. It is possible, the bads will always be more vocal, dont listen. Yes, you wont be as influential at first, but its not the slaughter 2 shot fest they talk of, assuming you take survivability into account.

screenshot of actual first, fraps didnt start
    Last edited by McWaffle; 05-28-2011 at 05:18 AM.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

Plane Touched

Not really the best example, we've all had matches where the oppsotion are total scrubs.

The Defiant you were against were a new kind of terrible.

Make the next vid have some challenging opponents (if that's possible in your battlegroup, it hasn't been so far in your other vids).

Telaran

Lol you crack me up dude. Keep the posts coming. I also did just fine Asa brand new 50 in greens but I play ranged. Nice job

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post
    Not really the best example, we've all had matches where the oppsotion are total scrubs.

Make the next vid have some challenging opponents (if that's possible in your battlegroup, it hasn't been so far in your other vids).
    It must suck that you ALWAYS fight the best players in the world, while others are always fighting Rank 1 players in green gear.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

So Mc******, I cant read the names of the players in the WF, whos the warior just above you?
    Rift has so much POTENTIAL

Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back. No one cares.

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Especially those who've been 50 for a long time now, and are struggling to perform well, amirite?

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Well I could go through and quote 100x people asking me to post my first wf at 50, yes there is nothing that great shown except that its not the fail people predicted and actually 1/2 decent. I was expecting a trouncing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by MeganW View Post
    So Mc******, I cant read the names of the players in the WF, whos the warior just above you?
    Sorry were you asking me a question i cant tell, addressed to Mc******

Quote Originally Posted by Jaekal View Post

Yea I always get them, shucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Enchilada View Post
    Lol you crack me up dude. Keep the posts coming. I also did just fine Asa brand new 50 in greens but I play ranged. Nice job
    Thanks, I hope to actually make some more helpful guide oriented stuff since a non-50 will just get trolled into oblivion if he offers advice and help.

And I could of advised 50s, few know the mechanics and interactions of them with some classes as as well as I do. Its all good, despite the very vocal group that gets all threatened by me, I know some people have enjoyed got something from it. Hopefully new players will see its not as bad as the doom and gloom from the bads.
    There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.

Click to watch my vidyas.
    140 + PvP, oPvP, PvE all classes.

please, for the children.... no more "music" like that.

Rift Chaser

that's why i tell anyone in my guild interested in pvp to save their favor from level 40 on, so they can buy as much of the base valor gear as possible.

That video shows you getting carried in a pre-made, where is this skill you speak of? 1 cleric held the fang for the entire duration, and the fang carrier pretty much only took damage from the fang. Look at the damage done for the other side.

That wasn't a real pvp video try again. Also look at the scoreboard of the screenshot, you had lots of damage done, big deal. Look at how much damage their healers took in a match you barely won.

You proved nothing other than your own badness.

you can earn the r1/r2 set in 2-3 days, after than you're about 2/3 of a r6 valor wise. not hard to start fresh so long as you can suck it up the first few days if you're in quest greens.

I use a pretty simple formula when determining if I am being an effective PvPer or not in Rift:

For every 5k-6k of damage I do, I should have 1 killing blow. If I have 50k damage and no kills... it means all of my damage is being wasted and I am, in essence, doing nothing. PvP is not about damage, but DPS... burst DPS to be exact.

*The above is a generalization. Take it to mean what you will.

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    I use a pretty simple formula when determining if I am being an effective PvPer or not in Rift:

For every 5k-6k of damage I do, I should have 1 killing blow. If I have 50k damage and no kills... it means all of my damage is being wasted and I am, in essence, doing nothing. PvP is not about damage, but DPS... burst DPS to be exact.

*The above is a generalization. Take it to mean what you will.
    not entirely true, there are those who apply heavy aoe pressure, and then there are finishers. if you think stormcallers, cabalists or even locks spreading dots with radiate death/dev shadows are uselss then i dunno what to tell you. they may not get 50 kbs like a champion with some healing support, but they help the champion get there.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by McWaffle View Post
    So non 50s, dont listen to anyone here. Go play, learn, and win. It is possible, the bads will always be more vocal, dont listen. Yes, you wont be as influential at first, but its not the slaughter 2 shot fest they talk of, assuming you take survivability into account.
    I agree (not that I have tried level 50 pvp) but..

I shouldn't listen to you.

You're also rather vocal!

;)

edit: maybe it's more like going to level 10-19 bracket at level 10? etc. For the final bracket, levels don't make a difference so gear must do that job.
    Last edited by Tizian; 05-28-2011 at 09:13 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast