+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: yeah whats up with clarics ?

Soulwalker

Default yeah whats up with clarics ?

Why is that it takes forever to kill them ?

Can we at least get some kinda balanced out system on the healers in pvp ?

There are plent ways to kill them. Pyro, obviously, rogues have NB and MM, and warriors have VK. Clerics (at least that I've seen) can't kill godmode clerics, but that's not a big problem.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

/facepalm

This is starting to get old. Why did you guys leave FPS games again, only to cry on MMO forums because you can't headshot people all day long?

Healing is a MAJOR part of every MMO, and no Clerics are not unkillable to good players.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Clerics are only killable if you have a few friends beating on the cleric @ the same time with some kind of healing reduction, silences, stuns, etc.

The ability to win a Warfront is somewhat proportional to the amount of clerics you have. If your fighting against a pre-made with plenty of clerics.. expect your team to lose because -> grats you have entered the most imbalanced part of the entire game: PVP.. where PVP servers (Guardians in particular) will all queue up together and win 80% of the matches.
    SEPTIMA of <BottomLine> on Millrush

Quote Originally Posted by Nikovdh View Post
    The ability to win a Warfront is somewhat proportional to the amount of clerics you have. If your fighting against a pre-made with plenty of clerics.. expect your team to lose because -> grats you have entered the most imbalanced part of the entire game: PVP.. where PVP servers (Guardians in particular) will all queue up together and win 80% of the matches.
    Huh?

Or you can have total misbalance of a Defiant warrior/mage troop of prestige ranked (4+5) PvPers -- on a PvE server -- all flagged in a level 30 zone.

You bust your butt to clear the zone, and in waltzes this troop, all unguilded/all geared to the teeth to rain on downing PvE content.

It's that type of stuff that will bleed a game of subscribers.

5-7 Stormcallers > Any amount of Clerics in Port Scion.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Soulwalker

LOL wow your seriously going to defend them ?

I ts called balance for a reason, meaning that any one 1v1 can kill each other. that is balance each class can take on each other 1v1.

now clerics regardless of the gear, its still 3v1 lol.

O well not much for me to complain im leaving thie game anyways due to the million issues they gotta work on.

ill come back in 4-5 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacmo View Post
    LOL wow your seriously going to defend them ?

I ts called balance for a reason, meaning that any one 1v1 can kill each other. that is balance each class can take on each other 1v1.

now clerics regardless of the gear, its still 3v1 lol.

O well not much for me to complain im leaving thie game anyways due to the million issues they gotta work on.

ill come back in 4-5 months.
    man, do us all a favor, and don't come back.

there are so many threads on this topic; look them up. a few GOOD players HAVE listed out the ways clerics can be handily defeated, 1v1. rather than gripe because you don't want to figure it out, go look them up. or, better yet, again -- stay gone.
    Wanderer of realms ... who knows where I'll land next?

Rift Disciple

As a champ I run over a lot of clerics (if I live long enough). It's all about burst.

Rift Chaser

it's not so much that healing is the problem, its the access to other souls while still being able to heal that is. Which makes it a hard problem to solve. That being said i find it insanely frustrating that the things people complain about with clerics and mages, are the same things that resulted in warriors getting nerfed, but it seems to be overlooked in these classes(not saying the warrior nerfs weren't needed, just saying the doctrine of nerfs seems to be applied unevenly).

Warriors could be tough as nails, heal, and do crazy dps. Now if you spec into a tank souls, you get primarily defensive abilities only, (vk strength buff being the exception, and reavers 5% damage buff), and the synergy of it to support dps is severely diminished.

Most clerics that aren't healer focused are a fair fight, its the ones that heal and just stack defense that create an issue. Me and my friend pvp together all the time, im a warrior, he's a cleric. He just goes tank/heals and heals me while im in nuke spec. He never dies before i do, and in most instance i can die, rez, and run back before he dies. Long story short it creates a situation where healers don't have to be worried about by team mates unless they have multiple people on them.

I wont even get into premades that roll with primarily cleric healers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Lilit View Post
    man, do us all a favor, and don't come back.

there are so many threads on this topic; look them up. a few GOOD players HAVE listed out the ways clerics can be handily defeated, 1v1. rather than gripe because you don't want to figure it out, go look them up. or, better yet, again -- stay gone.
    LOL COMING FROM A CLARIC, Go ****ing figure, qq more kid.

Ill be there to LOL when your **** gets rocked with a nerf. haha.

Guise guise kam down.

Hez tawkin bout dem clarics! Not clerics! D:

I'm a cleric. If you know how to play your toon you can beat them 1v1 np. Its called interrupts...its called heal reduction. Its called playing smart. They are not unkillable. Sometimes I win and sometimes I loose...depends on the player. If they are bad...i win...if they are good they can win...simple. Now **** with these stupid omg omg clerics are op threads already...jebus.
    Last edited by Ferathka; 05-28-2011 at 02:14 PM.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Quote Originally Posted by Sacmo View Post
    LOL COMING FROM A CLARIC, Go ****ing figure, qq more kid.

Ill be there to LOL when your **** gets rocked with a nerf. haha.
    Only kids uses caps.

Ask Cyborg for tips and tricks, he destroys r6 clerics in 1v1.
    Adalie r8 Rogue - Icewatch
    Acex r6 Cleric - Icewatch
    Gran r8 warrior - Icewatch

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by naturegoulet View Post
    it's not so much that healing is the problem, its the access to other souls while still being able to heal that is. Which makes it a hard problem to solve. That being said i find it insanely frustrating that the things people complain about with clerics and mages, are the same things that resulted in warriors getting nerfed, but it seems to be overlooked in these classes(not saying the warrior nerfs weren't needed, just saying the doctrine of nerfs seems to be applied unevenly).

Warriors could be tough as nails, heal, and do crazy dps. Now if you spec into a tank souls, you get primarily defensive abilities only, (vk strength buff being the exception, and reavers 5% damage buff), and the synergy of it to support dps is severely diminished.

Most clerics that aren't healer focused are a fair fight, its the ones that heal and just stack defense that create an issue. Me and my friend pvp together all the time, im a warrior, he's a cleric. He just goes tank/heals and heals me while im in nuke spec. He never dies before i do, and in most instance i can die, rez, and run back before he dies. Long story short it creates a situation where healers don't have to be worried about by team mates unless they have multiple people on them.

I wont even get into premades that roll with primarily cleric healers.
    Yup. It boils down to effective health. No other calling in the game has a higher effective health than a properly built and well played cleric. They might not do the most damage but they can out-live pretty much anyone in a 1v1 situation and if you don't have the punch to kill them before their heals/shields can be used to full effect, you can't kill them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast