+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why do people say this is a PvE game when even the PvE sucks?

Default Why do people say this is a PvE game when even the PvE sucks?

We have a game where PvE is too easy, yet people say this is a PvE centric game.

We also have a game where the PvP balance is also horrid.

So uh, what kind of game do we have here? =\

I want the best for the game and all, but it seems to me like Rift has nothing going for it.

Plus the devs patch too slow, and let patches / imbalance ride out too long, like Mages that can 2 shot people, that can also HEAL.

Please get this crap fixed Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    We have a game where PvE is too easy, yet people say this is a PvE centric game.

I want the best for the game and all, but it seems to me like Rift has nothing going for it.

Plus the devs patch too slow, and let patches / imbalance ride out too long, like Mages that can 2 shot people, that can also HEAL.

It is quite clear why this is a PvE game:

PvE: = Questing during leveling and dailies, raids, dungeons, rifts, gathering proffesions (either kill mobs to get past or the mobs for the reags), all endgame currencies and rewards (part from PvP items and favor) which benefit both PvE and PvP, is mostly gained from PvE. I dont think it's fair to say "PvE sucks" if you compare it with what other options/MMOs have that can compete with this, as of today. In the end, it is a game where the main focus is PvE, while they have a little side thing called PvP. Just wait 6+ months, with 2 new MMOs out there, and where Rift is then... theyll deff have to speed things up then.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

They patched Pyros already.......which means they are not being slow about it, they are flat out neglecting it or in complete denial. Balance is so out of wack in this game it is stupid. Not sure how much longer I can put up with it. Things are fun and then your bubble is burst by some stupid ****. Every day something new and absurd makes me say wtf.

I feared with the soul system this game would never be balanced pvp-wise, really did not take Nostradamus to see it coming.

Soulwalker

well its not that there neglecting anything, there new developers, and none of them have any real experience doing this MMO type of deal.

Look at wow, they sucked when they 1st started and now the pvp aspect of it has gotten more balanced.

Give the noobie devs more time to learn how to make things better, until then your gonna have to deal with them being new and learning how to figure the game out.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacmo View Post
    Give the noobie devs more time to learn how to make things better, until then your gonna have to deal with them being new and learning how to figure the game out.
    I cant remember which video it was (so dont take me on the word for it) but there was a trailer where Scott Hartsman had to go somewhere (this event after early launch of Rift), and when the interveiwer asked "isn't it kinda risky to just leave trion worlds all alone while you're here..", something he answered with "Im not worried, theyre pros now.." refering to the devs.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Psssst, for once the game is pretty balanced. Mages are supposed to kill people in two shots, cause evryone else can kill them in two shots. Rogues are good now, up to par persay. Warriors don't die, and it's annoying, but it agrees with the lower DPS. Clerics are not invincible. Void Knight, Marksmen, Nightblade, Assassin, Pyromancer, all can kill a cleric with enough skill. And coming from a rogue, I have never seen a mage two shot people and heal themselves. Please stop exaggerrating
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 05-28-2011 at 04:55 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

From what I've seen there is no exaggerations going on.. and warriors usually have very high DPS, not low DPS.
    SEPTIMA of <BottomLine> on Millrush

Quote Originally Posted by Sacmo View Post
    well its not that there neglecting anything, there new developers, and none of them have any real experience doing this MMO type of deal.

Look at wow, they sucked when they 1st started and now the pvp aspect of it has gotten more balanced.

You Trion fanboys will defend anything.

Example: Fulminate crits for over what most players have as health.................fix it to where it does not do that anymore.

How experienced do you have to be to figure this one out?

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    And coming from a rogue, I have never seen a mage two shot people and heal themselves. Please stop exaggerrating
    Me neither, but I've seen a cleric do it. Stars on the wolf/tear/fae/shade cluster comes to mind.

PVE sucks in every game.
    Existenz@Lotham
    <Excess>

PvE in this game is good. PvP gets worse every patch. These are two undeniable facts.

The pve in rift is polished and works and is as good as the pve in any other game. I think rift will do fine as a pve game. It has its pitch just right, slightly more adult than wow. Swtor will be a pve game too, but I expect it to be much more hand holding and constrained than rift, probably being more noob friendly than wow.

Pvp, there really is no point, sure they could tack on some crappy wintergrasp style rvr lite for the kiddies zone, as people have mentioned, but its never going to be up to the 3 action planned from the start rvr of gw2 or tsw. Sure they could add areba, but its not going to be up to gw2 (or probably wow too even though I think wow pvp is almost as bad as rifts). There is just too much to fix with pvp, the basic mechanics are all wring, never mind lack of world pvp, musdflation, balance issues, grind etc.. it makes more sense for trion to work on their pve player base, get old EQ customers and take raiders from the likes of wow and lotro. If they make some big pvp plans its wasted money pvpers will be going to gw2 (and probably tsw, Swtor, the wh40k mmo, the new tribes)
    Mage - steel cannon
    Rogue - tin pistol
    Warrior - glass machine gun
    Cleric - adamantium machine gun

Telaran

while I agree with the inbalanced PvP and the subpar PvE, patching is rather fast but in balance changes are wrong and about the 2 shotting mage that can heal, no within the same spec so that isnt an issue. but yea, this game needs big help

Quote Originally Posted by Mako482 View Post
    Me neither, but I've seen a cleric do it. Stars on the wolf/tear/fae/shade cluster comes to mind.
    Clerics can do it, but then as a rogue Fell Blades=Death
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

+ Reply to Thread