+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Vindicator? Level 28 wondering how to spec.

Soulwalker

Default Vindicator? Level 28 wondering how to spec.

I've noticed a lot of pvp builds for everything BUT vindicator. Is this something I should only muck around with when I'm 50? I'm currently trying to flesh out a viable pvp build now that I purchased an additional role and could use some advice / links.

Thanks.

Plane Touched

Trions PvP souls are absoulete garbage don't bother with them

Soulwalker

suggestion for a good build? or a good resource online to figure it out? google leaves me with old sites and spiraling arguments so far

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by fawker View Post
    I've noticed a lot of pvp builds for everything BUT vindicator. Is this something I should only muck around with when I'm 50? I'm currently trying to flesh out a viable pvp build now that I purchased an additional role and could use some advice / links.

Thanks.
    Well, you cannot get the second branch abilities in any pvp soul before level 50. Vindicator in particular is left out (except as a 0 point choice for some) because if you go two-handed weapons (ie. champion, and many do), you're forced to get either crit reduction (which counters the +15/30% attack power talent from champ) and an uncontrollable snare (25% chance of a 30% slow on a target you hit from behind, which is just liable to make a target movement-cc immune when you don't want them to) or a talent that only works while blocking (more crit chance to your raid when you block).

the 5 point Guard ability has a 30 second cooldown, so if enemy chooses to switch targets a couple times, you're in trouble.
    10 point ability seems good for moving around. The stun duration of 1 second seems destined to just put people into DR and keep them in place for the duration of your jump?
    15 points, a ranged healing debuff.. same cooldown as on talented 'aim' + 'lingering wounds' from champion tree, but less effect. Ranged though, as mentioned, but then lingering wounds can proc without aim too.
    20 point ability looks-- well, I don't know. 10% each of block/dodge/parry to your raid for 25% of the time (30 seconds out of 120). Of course bypassed by stuff that doesn't check for bdp either fully or partially. Higher chances to bpe may even lead to enemy using more reactive abilities, making you worse off at times.

I could see plenty of use for some of these abilities when in pve raids, but a bit less in pvp.

Clever use of "Subdue" wins the match in warfronts. Just becouse its pvp it doesnt mean that you have to go dps and die in the first second you charged in. Just sayin'.

+ Reply to Thread