+ Reply to Thread

Thread: A Mage

Rift Disciple

Default A Mage

Do people not understand what a mage is supposed to be able to do?

Every thread I read in PvP has someone say something about how a mage is overpowered. Mages are SUPPOSED to deal high damage, like really high, like one hit kill anything and everything in the game. It is what magic is all about.

Quit complaining that they one hit you, its supposed to be that way. Especially if you are a squishy rouge.

True. Gandalf solo'd what, 2 rangers and a warrior when revealing himself as Gandalf the White in the forest. That's how it should be.

[QUOTE=Ostaf;2503940]Do people not understand what a rogue is supposed to be able to do?

Every thread I read in PvP has someone say something about how a rogue is overpowered. Rogues are SUPPOSED to deal high damage, like really high, like one hit kill anything and everything in the game. It is what being a rogue is all about.

Quit complaining that they one hit you, its supposed to be that way. Especially if you are a squishy mage QUOTE]
    Last edited by betty; 05-28-2011 at 06:39 AM.

Rogues are SUPPOSED to deal high damage, like really high, like one hit kill anything and everything in the game. It is what being a rogue is all about.
    I really need to try a rogue.

Rheven, 44 Battle Cleric

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Ostaf View Post
    Do people not understand what a mage is supposed to be able to do?

Every thread I read in PvP has someone say something about how a mage is overpowered. Mages are SUPPOSED to deal high damage, like really high, like one hit kill anything and everything in the game. It is what magic is all about.

Quit complaining that they one hit you, its supposed to be that way. Especially if you are a squishy rouge.
    No, they are not. Mages are RDPS. RDPS is supposed to apply pressure DPS and support. High damage is the MDPS niche.
    -- Trollhammer@Molinar

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    True. Gandalf solo'd what, 2 rangers and a warrior when revealing himself as Gandalf the White in the forest. That's how it should be.
    and a Balrrrrrog.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    and a Balrrrrrog.
    Gandalf is a dirty hacker.

Sez

I love arguing about "magic."

What would happen if you cast a Fireball under a Dome of Force? Would you suffocate?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Era
    Champion of Telara

Chloros would beg to differ. Granted it was low level (20ish), but I was able to keep 4-5 people busy...until I ran out of mana and quickly died.
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Rift Disciple

Mages are supposed to do high damage when left to their own means.
    Mages are meant to have the ability to get away, entrap, or temporarily disable their enemies.
    Mages are supposed to feel pressure and fear of having a character in melee range.

One shotting someone from max range before they can even get within range to do anything to them is completely imbalanced, and having the ability to instant cast that same one-shot if interrupted is just plain unfair.

Point being, there's no reason for a mage to fear melee unless they're asleep at the keyboard, or outgeared. You're supposed to be squishy, and between your buffs (which melee can only strip if specced for it, and on a cooldown) and valor, you can tank melee long enough to be immune to any cc, turn around and then waste the melee player in a single cc+dps burst combo.

Good luck playing your pvp all by yourself if you keep defending that all of this is fair.

I agree with OP. As a rogue, I can drop people normally. With an assassin build. I can drop anyone. But then I get dropped afterwards. Mages should two shot because anyone can two shot a mage.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Brioche View Post
    Mages are supposed to do high damage when left to their own means.
    Mages are meant to have the ability to get away, entrap, or temporarily disable their enemies.
    Mages are supposed to feel pressure and fear of having a character in melee range.

One shotting someone from max range before they can even get within range to do anything to them is completely imbalanced, and having the ability to instant cast that same one-shot if interrupted is just plain unfair.

Point being, there's no reason for a mage to fear melee unless they're asleep at the keyboard, or outgeared. You're supposed to be squishy, and between your buffs (which melee can only strip if specced for it, and on a cooldown) and valor, you can tank melee long enough to be immune to any cc, turn around and then waste the melee player in a single cc+dps burst combo.

Good luck playing your pvp all by yourself if you keep defending that all of this is fair.
    You are complaining that a mage can one hit you, so you want them to be able to have to hit you 5 times first so you can run over there and chop him in half.

But than everyone will complain that mages can't do anything and nobody will play a mage, everyone will be melee.

So than everyone will complain that they are to oped so then they won't be able to do anything and mages will be number one again

Rinse and repeat.

Magic is powerful, if you want think of it in real life terms. Technology is powerful.

If I cast a fireball at you you will die before you can hit me with a sword.

If I shoot a gun at you you will die before you can hit me with a bat.

So how do you solve this problem. Gank them. If someone has a gun you get a bunch of your buddies and beat him down. Sure one or two of you might die but oh well. So what do you do if you are fighting a mage. You gank them, sure one of two of your buddies might die but oh well.

I play Paladin tank. I am melee. I have killed mages and I will continue to kill mages. I have also been one hit killed by them and will continue to be so.

Rift Disciple

Angry

[QUOTE=betty;2505158]
    Do people not understand what a rogue is supposed to be able to do?

Every thread I read in PvP has someone say something about how a rogue is overpowered. Rogues are SUPPOSED to deal high damage, like really high, like one hit kill anything and everything in the game. It is what being a rogue is all about.

Quit complaining that they one hit you, its supposed to be that way. Especially if you are a squishy mage QUOTE]
    That is not what I said. You shouldn't quote something that isn't a quote.

Sez

That is not what I said. You shouldn't quote something that isn't a quote.
    "The problem with quotes on the internet, is you can never tell who actually said them" -Abraham Lincoln
    Last edited by Sez; 05-29-2011 at 12:56 PM.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

+ Reply to Thread